Why is Fox New Defending George Zimmerman?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
There's a dead 17 year old boy that says different.

Z stalked him down, then shot him.

No one is arguing about if Martin is dead or not. Duh Just because he was shot dead doesn't mean that he is innocent.

You claimed Zimmerman " Stalked him down, then shot him ". Where is your Proof that Martin did not attack Zimmerman and that the killing wasn't justified IAW Florida State Law?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
No one is arguing about if Martin is dead or not. Duh Just because he was shot dead doesn't mean that he is innocent.

You claimed Zimmerman " Stalked him down, then shot him ". Where is your Proof that Martin did not attack Zimmerman and that the killing wasn't justified IAW Florida State Law?

Z shot him.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Z shot him.

Wow. You came up with that all by yourself? That is some really good proof that Martin didn't attack Zimmerman. You need to be a Detective or something.

Admit it you don't know shit and anything that doesn't fit your predetermined notion of what happened is moot.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Wow. You came up with that all by yourself? That is some really good proof that Martin didn't attack Zimmerman. You need to be a Detective or something.

Admit it you don't know shit and anything that doesn't fit your predetermined notion of what happened is moot.

It's moot. Z was never in a Life or Death situation. I don't think he is a monster, racist, or premeditated this, but when push came to shove at best he took the easy way out of a difficult situation. He killed a 17 year old kid by making the mistake of tracking him down despite being discouraged from doing so. He should have stayed in his vehicle and let the police pursue from there, but he didn't and now T is dead and Z is responsible.

That's all that matters.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
It's moot. Z was never in a Life or Death situation. .........<snip>
That's your lie right there that I pointed out earlier. You don't know this and by claiming it you have to lie. You can always say "I think that Z was never in a .... or my opinion is that Z was never in a ................ but if you state it as fact it's a lie.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
That's your lie right there that I pointed out earlier. You don't know this and by claiming it you have to lie. You can always say "I think that Z was never in a .... or my opinion is that Z was never in a ................ but if you state it as fact it's a lie.

Exactly.

Also saying " A 17 Year Old Kid Is Dead " over and over. That has nothing to do with anything either. Who cares if he was 16, 17 or 18 years old. Are you suggesting that a 17 year old cannot endanger your life?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Exactly.

Also saying " A 17 Year Old Kid Is Dead " over and over. That has nothing to do with anything either. Who cares if he was 16, 17 or 18 years old. Are you suggesting that a 17 year old cannot endanger your life?

Has nothing to do with it? Who cares? Obviously you don't.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Has nothing to do with it? Who cares? Obviously you don't.

Don't read into my post something that isn't there.

The fact that he is 17 years old has no more to do with it than the fact that Zimmerman is half Latino.

I'm not saying that Zimmerman or Martin is either innocent or guilty of a crime. I am saying We ( this includes you ) do not know enough to make either case. Your claim that Zimmerman murdered a 17 year old boy is your own fantasy to support your own belief of what you think happened. It has no basis in fact, at least not yet.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Why didn't that kid just go home?
Someone shot him on the way.
The kid was already home and did not go into his destination.

He had a good 50-100 meter lead on Zimmerman and did not go to the house. He stopped and waited for Zimmerman and then confronted him.

The moment he stopped going to the house and waited; anything previous in the timeline between him and Zimmerman becomes invalid.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
The kid was already home and did not go into his destination.

He had a good 50-100 meter lead on Zimmerman and did not go to the house. He stopped and waited for Zimmerman and then confronted him.

The moment he stopped going to the house and waited; anything previous in the timeline between him and Zimmerman becomes invalid.

All that matters is an eye witness placed TM on top of GZ assaulting him prior to the use of force. Unless the prosecutor can refute the self defense claim or establish probable cause that the use of force was unlawful this case can go no further.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
The calls were edited to make it appear as though Z was racially profiling.

"This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black." MSNBC Edit of the tape.

Reality check.

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy--is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.

Fox news and a few others were the first to point this out. Is that what this thread stands against? I'm unclear on the motivations for considering Fox News as the bad guy.

MSNBC likely is well aware that their viewership doesn't care if the tapes were edited or not, because it's clear Z is a rascist, the edit'd call is all it takes to prove it.
Holy bat crap! How terrible of MSNBC to misinform their viewer. I hope he doesn't embarrass himself in public with that misinformation . . .

I haven't seen any FoxNews stories on the shooting, but I have noticed that they are still using twelve year old Trayvon in the tease, although they have stopped using apparent mug shot George.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Even police have to be reviewed/questioned, and (sometimes stand trial) everytime they use their gun, why should Zimmerman be any more special? Because of Florida's stupid laws, police have less rights to use their weapons than a wannabe.

Yes, I know he was questioned.

Police officers do not stand trial in something like 99% of self defense shootings. I assume that the police reviewed the evidence at the crime scene, took reports from witnesses, z, etc... and came to the conclusion that it was a self defense shooting. Should further evidence be found in the ongoing investigation that points the other way he will be charged with a crime and stand trial.

Thats how it generally works for EVERYONE including police officers (although the latter tend to get a lot more leniency) so why do you think that this case should be treated differently?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
It's moot. Z was never in a Life or Death situation. I don't think he is a monster, racist, or premeditated this, but when push came to shove at best he took the easy way out of a difficult situation. He killed a 17 year old kid by making the mistake of tracking him down despite being discouraged from doing so. He should have stayed in his vehicle and let the police pursue from there, but he didn't and now T is dead and Z is responsible.

That's all that matters.

And you know this better than the investigators how?

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Wasn't Trayvon Martin suspended from school the day he tried to attack Zimmerman? Didn't Trayvon Martin look like a criminal from facebook pictures that are alleged to be of him? Didn't he tweet a lot of aggressive stuff?

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
I can't believe this. It seems like every stupid/evil position of every possible news story is defended by Fox News. All people want is for George Zimmerman put on trial just like anyone else would be if they shot someone.

got examples?

i listen to fox on my way to and from work and i have not heard this. in fact the news reports i have heard are pretty neutral.