Why is Fox New Defending George Zimmerman?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Fox News always looks for an angle to placate their base believers.

They can't quite bring thenselves to say Z is innocent so the angle they are using...

Media and politicans are sensationalizing it, taking advantage of a dead teen for ratings.

Lest they forget the furor over Terry Schivo? Remember senators diagnosing her from the floor of the senate? Remember the shows doing live broadcasts from Schivo's town? How many cases do people make life decisions concerning people on life support? Did they use that as an excuse not to cover the TS case??

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Fox News always looks for an angle to placate their base believers.

They can't quite bring thenselves to say Z is innocent so the angle they are using...

Media and politicans are sensationalizing it, taking advantage of a dead teen for ratings.

Seems you are complaining that FoxNews is telling the truth.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
You mean like Terry Schivo? Like Natalie Halloway??

Try to follow along, what is the topic of this thread? Once you find out, come back and post that you know what I meant. Take all the time you need, but I will give you a hint, it is at the top of the page.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Seems you are complaining that FoxNews is telling the truth.

Or maybe Fox is just pandering to racist right wing authoritarian gun freaks who want Zimmerman to be innocent of any crime, and a shining example for them to follow.

After all, Zimmerman was just defending his beloved neighborhood from the depredations of a dangerous youth of an inferior race, obviously up to no good, toting skittles & all...

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Try to follow along, what is the topic of this thread? Once you find out, come back and post that you know what I meant. Take all the time you need, but I will give you a hint, it is at the top of the page.

Can't walk and chew gum at the same time? Subtopic was Fox complaining media/politicans sensationalizing story, like Fox and the right doesn't do the same thing

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Or maybe Fox is just pandering to racist right wing authoritarian gun freaks who want Zimmerman to be innocent of any crime, and a shining example for them to follow.

After all, Zimmerman was just defending his beloved neighborhood from the depredations of a dangerous youth of an inferior race, obviously up to no good, toting skittles & all...

That's why there is so much of an effort to thug out T. It makes them feel good about their righteous kill POV.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Can't walk and chew gum at the same time? Subtopic was Fox complaining media/politicans sensationalizing story, like Fox and the right doesn't do the same thing

Since you fail at reading, I will quote it for you from the thread title:

George Zimmerman

I will then quote you:

HomerJS said:

It appears YOU were talking about Zimmerman too...but then you suddenly lost the ability to understand what YOU were talking about.

So again, it appears you are complaining that FoxNews is telling the truth. Why are you complaining about that?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

Why are you angry that FoxNews is telling the truth?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Since you fail at reading, I will quote it for you from the thread title:

George Zimmerman

I will then quote you:

It appears YOU were talking about Zimmerman too...but then you suddenly lost the ability to understand what YOU were talking about.

So again, it appears you are complaining that FoxNews is telling the truth. Why are you complaining about that?

I thought you were intuitive enought to read between the lines when Fox makes these kind of claims. They make statements as if they are on an island, like when they use the phrase "elite media" as if they are not a part of that pack of wolves.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
One less gang banger in this world. Sounds good to me.

Yeh- all young black men are obviously gang bangers, every last one, especially when they're walking down the street by themselves. Why, the threat to the neighborhood was huge, I tell you, huge! It was like the invasion of Poland!

Florida's "stand your ground law"? An open invitation to violence.

"He looked at me funny, and I was so scared that I had to blow him away. Honest- that's what happened."

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I thought you were intuitive enought to read between the lines when Fox makes these kind of claims. They make statements as if they are on an island, like when they use the phrase "elite media" as if they are not a part of that pack of wolves.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Yeh- all young black men are obviously gang bangers, every last one, especially when they're walking down the street by themselves. Why, the threat to the neighborhood was huge, I tell you, huge! It was like the invasion of Poland!

Florida's "stand your ground law"? An open invitation to violence.

"He looked at me funny, and I was so scared that I had to blow him away. Honest- that's what happened."

You would get in trouble for using the term "looked at me funny", as the clown union would be all over you. You have to say something like "he looked at me threateningly".

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
It's simple...

Because MSNBC and some hosts on CNN are questioning the decision by police and the DA from Sanford about their treatment of Mr. Zimmerman.

Also some attention is now being paid to Florida's SYG law and it's passage (look up American Legislative Exchange Council) as a result of this shooting. Not to mention the fact tat it was mostly passed by Republicans in 2005.

Fox if nothing else is a staunch defender of anything Republican.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
It's simple...

Because MSNBC and some hosts on CNN are questioning the decision by police and the DA from Sanford about their treatment of Mr. Zimmerman.

Also some attention is now being paid to Florida's SYG law and it's passage (look up American Legislative Exchange Council) as a result of this shooting. Not to mention the fact tat it was mostly passed by Republicans in 2005.

Fox if nothing else is a staunch defender of anything Republican.

The stand your ground law (SYG) has been in effect in Georgia for over 100 years. Now there's a couple of Democrats trying to repeal it. Just what we need in time for the election, more Democrats screaming for more gun control, new violent Occupy protests and possible "no justice no peace" riots.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
Looks like MSNBC has been caught editing the 911 tapes to make Zimmerman look racist.

The calls were edited to make it appear as though Z was racially profiling.

"This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black." MSNBC Edit of the tape.

Reality check.

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.
Dispatcher: OK, and this guy--is he black, white or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.

Fox news and a few others were the first to point this out. Is that what this thread stands against? I'm unclear on the motivations for considering Fox News as the bad guy.

MSNBC likely is well aware that their viewership doesn't care if the tapes were edited or not, because it's clear Z is a rascist, the edit'd call is all it takes to prove it.

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Someone was shot dead who was Unarmed and not committing a Crime and you're wondering why the shooter is not being charged with anything? :rolleyes:

The bolded part is speculation on your part ( and many others ). That is what the investigation is about.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Fox news and a few others were the first to point this out. Is that what this thread stands against? I'm unclear on the motivations for considering Fox News as the bad guy.

As I stated earlier, OP hasn't given any specific evidence why Fox news is the bad guy here. It's a pretty silly thread. And now it looks like it's going to blow up in his face given that MSNBC is the misleading one.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Even the Right to shoot Innocent people? Meh, I can live without that just fine.

You keep saying this as if it were factual. Unless you have some sort of inside connection and know things that nobody else does You are just making up shit to justify your own personal beliefs.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
It should read especially police have to be reviewed and questioned when they use a gun. Zimmerman was arrested and then released, they are still examining the evidence. I'm still waiting to hear about the GSR, shot angle and other things that would indicate to me that it was a murder rather than a self defense shooting. Building a case takes time, sometimes this forum seems to have the patience of a 4 year old.

If the were taken, if they were recorded, if they have not been lost irretrievable.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
You keep saying this as if it were factual. Unless you have some sort of inside connection and know things that nobody else does You are just making up shit to justify your own personal beliefs.

There's a dead 17 year old boy that says different.