What first world problem did you have today?

Page 700 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Found it! So happy right now. I wasn't in the woods 5 minutes before it turned up. My new one's supposed to come today, so I guess I'll have a spare now. That's fine. It isn't so much the money, as it is hating losing things. Carelessness pisses me off, especially when it's mine.

Got my new knife today too!

IMG-20190624-173706.jpg

Guess which is the new one :^D

Reactions: clamum
Feb 25, 2011
Had to cclean the dust out of my Uniccomp. It was double-tapping the 'cc' key and the [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ key was also stuck.

Not much dirt, per se - just a lot more cat hair than I would have expected for as not-long as I've had the keyboard. Popped off the first and third row of keys so I could blow out everything, and it's fine now. No deep clean needed.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
For some reason I've been thinking I'm 35. I'm not. I'm 36. Goddamnit dude

fml
I was at the dentist a few years ago, stated my age, and he corrected me. I had to think about it a second before I agreed. I had myself two years older than I was. That happened because I used mathematically correct rounding when people asked my age. Problem was that figure was in my head, so when my birthday came around, I advanced it by one without taking into account I had already rounded up :^D

Reactions: clamum

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I was at the dentist a few years ago, stated my age, and he corrected me. I had to think about it a second before I agreed. I had myself two years older than I was. That happened because I used mathematically correct rounding when people asked my age. Problem was that figure was in my head, so when my birthday came around, I advanced it by one without taking into account I had already rounded up :^D
And lxs effed up the fence line....

:p

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My sore throat turned into a nasty cold. Now I got the whole nose and sinus thing going on. At least the throat does not hurt anymore. :p

I think I reached my maximum daily recommended dosage of Sudafed today. Time to take another.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
My sore throat turned into a nasty cold. Now I got the whole nose and sinus thing going on. At least the throat does not hurt anymore. :p

I think I reached my maximum daily recommended dosage of Sudafed today. Time to take another.
That was my progression, sore throat/cough/green stuff then some colorful sinus gunk/infection. 7 weeks and 3 antibiotics later....

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
With the Win 10 upgrade on my work computer, text is headache inducing. So far, adjusting ClearType does not help. I'll try turning it off.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I frickin forgot my freeze dried raspberries that I had just ordered from Amazon, delivered yesterday. I wanted to bring them to work cause I was gonna have some cereal for breakfast (Cheerios Medley Crunch, it's fantastic) and wanted to put the berries in.

I used to do this with Honey Bunches of Oats Strawberries cereal and these Augason freeze dried strawberries:
augason-strawberries.png

I got them cause I felt that there wasn't enough in the cereal by itself, lol. It turned out great although the freeze dried ones are a bit more bitter (ones in cereal have sugar on them I'm guessing) but it was close enough.

So now I wanted to try something else BUT I FORGOT THE DAMN BERRIES. Oh well, at least the cereal was very good. Will have to try and remember for tomorrow. fml

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
With the Win 10 upgrade on my work computer, text is headache inducing. So far, adjusting ClearType does not help. I'll try turning it off.

I hate text in win10, it's too fuzzy. I also hate this gray text on white trend that seems to be everywhere. It's hard on the eyes and hard to read. And too much white in general makes the overall experience hard on the eyes, and no borders or any delimiters between elements etc. The whole thing is a mess. I hate it.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
That was my progression, sore throat/cough/green stuff then some colorful sinus gunk/infection. 7 weeks and 3 antibiotics later....

Probably how it will go for me. My colds always drag on forever. Sucks, since I'm going camping at the end of July. I might cancel if I'm still sick, it's going to be too unpleasant.

Right now my ears are blocked, so freaking annoying.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I read a Steven Wright joke that's got me stumped:

My friend Sam has one leg. I went to his house. I couldn't go up the stairs.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
My son is learning that the extra $10 for fedex 2 day delivery is still 3 day delivery and jack that he can do about it.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I just bought a laptop and the text is very fuzzy on Win 10 too. Why does this happen?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Draftsman got a new job, and next week is his last week. I've got stuff stuck in the cleats of my boots worth more than him, but it's probably gonna negatively affect me somehow, cause that's what he's good at; negatively affecting me.

Boss is gonna run autocad. He's not that experienced, but with luck, it'll end up being a draw compared to the draftsman cause he's smarter and faster. It also means he'll be occupied, so It's likely I'll have to do more jobs with the robot that are a PITA to do with a robot. Also, since that'll take more time, that means I'll have less time for my farm beautification project, which is what I have fun with.

Maybe it'll work out to my benefit somehow, but change is seldom good :^/

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Wore pants to work today not realizing it would be like 25C out. When I went out for a Timmy's run I was sweating like crazy. Got home and switched to shorts, feels good man. Still sweating because of how hot it is, but slightly less bad. :p

Reactions: Captante

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
This new in: Just got banned from /r/canada for dissing saudi arabia and calling them ISIS and calling them out on threatening to blow up the CN tower (they did) or dismembering people alive. lmao.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Since my son received a Nintendo Switch as a bday gift today, I tried to sync his Xbox Fortnite acct cross-platform through Epic Games into Nintendo account but accidentally deleted his whole Epic Games account thinking it was an extra while sorting what account links to what. Support says there's no way to get it back. So there goes Save The World and all his gear. Thankfully he's taking it in stride and just plays the mode where everyone starts with equal gear. He always plays with my other son and his account is intact.

I'm still pissed because the whole linking accounts thing so they're sync'd cross-platform is so convoluted. First of all, Xbox only allows you to play with your gamertag which is tied to a Hotmail account. Nintendo accounts don't allow me to log into Hotmail for some f'n reason. And how is Epic Games supposed to link to the Nintendo account if none of the emails match? In the process of sorting it all, I deleted the Epic Games account that wasn't remotely named what their characters or emails were, but alas that's the account his Xbox account was tied to. F me, but more importantly, F them and this process.

If unlinking (to undo this tangled mess), it makes me acknowledge the following:
Purchases and earned game content will be reset on this account
Does anyone know if unlinking accounts resets EVERYTHING back to square one? Or does it reset it back to only when we linked it (today)? I don't want my other son to lose everything too, but his linked account is currently wrong too.

I will not be able to link my Epic Games Account to another Xbox account
And if I unlink, does that mean I can't ever link to another account again???

Last edited:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
It’s San Juan’s Day here as well. This marks the traditional beginning of the monsoon season and the coming of the summer rains, a very big deal in the desert. This year, San Juan must have gotten snagged at the border because there’s no rain in the forecast, not even the pre-monsoon buildup to the south.
Welp, stepped out of the house this morning and there was a rainbow. I got rained on on the way to work. Not much but still nice.