What first world problem did you have today?

Page 1046 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Go to Home Depot for some polishing compound...$5?...$46 later for reasons. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yeah, we grow up but still act like Home Depot is a candy store. I swear I never get out of there with at least one more item then I planned to buy. Could be worse, the Mrs. buys more clothes and shoes than I could possible imagine. Women buy 'outfits'; the only outfit I have is a suit for weddings and funerals.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Owning a home sometimes make me wish I was still renting. So much stupid shit happens and I have to take care of all of it myself. I suppose I could pay someone to do things but I'd rather learn myself and save the money.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Owning a home sometimes make me wish I was still renting. So much stupid shit happens and I have to take care of all of it myself. I suppose I could pay someone to do things but I'd rather learn myself and save the money.
Before the rates went stupid, owning is "cheaper." Here, Podunk SC, section 8 went to $1200 for a 3/1 1000sqft so most landlords adjusted, too.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Before the rates went stupid, owning is "cheaper." Here, Podunk SC, section 8 went to $1200 for a 3/1 1000sqft so most landlords adjusted, too.
LoL

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca

I rather own and take care of stuff myself than have to wait on someone else. I would hate renting, I wouldn't feel like it's my house, and just a place I stay. Like permanently living out of a hotel or something, it's not really your place to do what you want with.

Heck I made that mistake with my wood stove chimney of relying on someone else since I didn't feel like doing it myself... still waiting a year later! I should have just done it myself this summer. I found another contractor, and I heard good things about him but still waiting for him too. I think it's just a tedious job that nobody really wants to do... including me lol. But had I known I would have just tackled it myself. Once I'm done the inside part if I still don't hear anything back think I'll just do it myself. Sucks to work outside in winter though. It's the roof part that's going to be tricky because of all the snow.

The downside of DIYing stuff is that it takes longer while having to work, so actually finding time to do bigger jobs makes them drag for so long. Sometimes I wish I could afford to just take a sabbatical for like 2 months and tackle all the jobs that have been pending for years. Another one I really want to do is my garage. Been wanting to convert it into a shop for a long time. I did a lot of progress on it and close to the point where I can insulate but still lot of work left to do.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
So my work decided to install Microsoft Teams. Yet ANOTHER collaboration program. I wish they would just pick one, and stick with it. We have Webex, Slack, Office Communicator, a custom version of Communicator, and now Teams lol.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
1210231728.jpgTaco bell strikes again...ok, not really. Came home to a cracked toilet tank. I guess ... for reasons. 🙄🙄 Tile floor, mats sucked up most of the water and bro is a plumber...win?

• Wow
Reactions: Ajay and lxskllr

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Sex on the toilet...duh. 😀

It's been about 10 years since I re did that bath. You'd think a defect would have happened before now.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
2005 American Standard. Ugh, 2 weeks, maybe, to find a tank. Manufacturers change their dimensions cause...told him I was gonna slap some flex sham wow tape on it cause I wasn't walking upstairs for 2 weeks to pee. Then he goes into how I need to get the right sealer, clean the inside of the tank, wear gloves cause ceramic is sharp....blah...boy is the best plumber around but he sure can bend a straight stick.

Don't they piss in a hole in the floor in a lot of countries?

• Haha
Reactions: Ajay

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
not a first world problem, but i was supposed to have a date today. woke up feeling like crap and rescheduled. i was really looking forward to it.

Reactions: igor_kavinski