What first world problem did you have today?

Page 1042 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I went in for my one week post op exam for my cataract surgery...they didn't warn me in advance they were gonna dilate my eyes. (or maybe they did when they set the appt. and I forgot)
I HATE having my eyes dilated...it really screws up my day.
Did they super dilate them? Cause it wasn't too bad when I had it done like a month ago. Went right back to work, albeit looking through microscopes was a little trickier

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I had to get my eyes dilated once as part of my lasik follow up checkup and that was the weirdest thing. Walking to the car in sunlight was pretty weird too, I never thought of actually bringing sunglasses with me. I had some in the car thankfully, otherwise I would not have felt safe driving that way. Basically makes your eyes extremely sensitive to light.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I had to get my eyes dilated once as part of my lasik follow up checkup and that was the weirdest thing. Walking to the car in sunlight was pretty weird too, I never thought of actually bringing sunglasses with me. I had some in the car thankfully, otherwise I would not have felt safe driving that way. Basically makes your eyes extremely sensitive to light.
Yes, that is what happens....

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I was doing work in my server room and noticed that the water jug I use to store distilled water for the batteries had a slow leak in the faucet. Water had accumulated on the dricore under the jug itself and was starting to mold. Been a few months since I topped up the batteries so probably been at least that long that it's leaking.

I sprayed windex on it for what it's worth, but I ordered some Benefect which is a proper product to use to kill mold. Going to let it dry naturally as adding a fan is just going to blow the spores everywhere.

It's not really a big amount of mold so I'm not too worried, but definitely caught me by surprise. I placed the jug upright so the valve is no longer exposed to the water so it should be fine now.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
They owe me a hashbrown. 45 min to not get all of our food. The boss drags me across town every Sat morning. Just blew 3 hrs when I could have been watching sports center.

Upside, 74 degrees and going to get an hour on the bike. Wheeee. 😀

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
1118231531.jpgKilled it. 2016 times. Granted, I've been off my bike for 2 weeks...daylight savings...so the knees feel awesome.

Edit: Yeah, I'm hard on my toys so feel free to donate a cateye.

Reactions: lxskllr
Nov 17, 2019
My feet hurt and I'd like to use the soaker I have. But I'm on a wood floor and a spill could be a serious problem. I need to figure out what to put under the soaker ... just in case.

May 11, 2008
These days, i have so much a cold....

That because of all the nose-blowing and wiping my nose, i am doing free plastic surgery on myself.
With my mucus filled up head, i am afraid i will end up like Jocelyn Wildenstein.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I took a peek at 1040 schedule D to see what I'm getting into.

Complete this worksheet only if line 18 or line 19 of Schedule D is more than zero and lines 15 and 16 of Schedule D are gains or if you file Form 4952 and you have an amount on line 4g, even if you don’t need to file Schedule D. Otherwise, complete the Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet in the instructions for Form 1040, line 16, (or in the instructions for Form 1040-NR, line 16) to figure your tax. Before completing this worksheet, complete Form 1040, 1040-SR, or 1040-NR through line 15.
Exception: Don’t use the Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet or this worksheet to figure your tax if:
Line 15 or line 16 of Schedule D is zero or less and you have no qualified dividends on Form 1040, 1040-SR, or 1040-NR, line 3a;
or
Form 1040, 1040-SR, or 1040-NR, line 15, is zero or less.
Instead, see the instructions for Form 1040, line 16 (or Form 1040-NR, line 16).
WTF, IRS? o_O

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I have no idea what any of that means, which is why I don't do my own taxes. Almost reads like a data sheet page from a large hadron collider or something. :p

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
2 crack houses burnt down over the past few days. Now the price of meth is going to go up!
Your crack houses also sell meth?

(crack is cocaine, meth (aka crank) is not, and the user bases tend to be different…and are often not compatible)

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Your crack houses also sell meth?

(crack is cocaine, meth (aka crank) is not, and the user bases tend to be different…and are often not compatible)

Crackhouse is more of a generic term for drug house, they sell pretty much everything. One stop shop! The really fancy ones even have carfentanyl, that's the good stuff right there!

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
So a while back I had a sales pitch to transfer my number from Lucky to Bell, I basically get 500MB more data for same price, I don't really use data, but whatever, I was kind of toying with transferring anyway just to see if my texting issue goes away. Almost every text I get, I re-receive it again a week later, it just plays out the whole conversation. Sometimes multiple conversations from different times will even overlap with each other. Super annoying. Nobody seems to know what causes this and I seem to be the only person experiencing this as I get absolutely nothing when I google it and no one on XDA forums has been able to help. So figured maybe it's some weird network issue. Lucky is on same network as Bell though...

Anyway so the sim card came in and figured I'd start the process. Well they sure as hell don't make the process easy. It was suppose to be a seamless transfer but it's nothing but seamless. They send me a new sim card and I'm suppose to go online to activate it. First need to setup an account. Well it kept rejecting the password for my account. So I went to create a new account, and it said there was already an account under that email. So I use the forget password feature and manage to get into the account. There is a separate link I'm suppose to go to in order to transfer the number, there's a temporary number they assign to the account and you enter that number to initiate the transfer, well it keeps saying that number is invalid. I decided to just put that sim card in my other phone just to see if it's sending me something that I'm suppose to act on, but nothing. I managed to get the temp number to show up under the Bell account, but now all I have is two cell phone accounts with two numbers. This was suppose to be a transfer not a new account. I think I'm just going to cancel the Bell one and cut my loses because at this point I think I will end up with two bills and two numbers, I don't want a different number.

I think whoever set it up fucked up and opened it as a new account instead of a transfer.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Lol now the site is asking me to fill out a survey immediately after there was an error while I was trying something. The timing could not have been better...