warhammer MMO Review

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

noto12ious

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: JD50
Originally posted by: noto12ious
Originally posted by: Chimley
Simple forum mechanics: Come off as an abrasive asshole with your replies and watch the fishes get hooked. Solution: Don't eat the bait :D

I was in the Closed Beta. I probably didn't give the game a fair shake.. but my initial impressions weren't that great. It just felt like another "WoW" to me. I can see where this game may succeed as the "side-game" for WoW players who wants some more meat with their PvP.

oh come on, i'm not that bad.

i just put these wow fangirls in their place.

notice how they can't even respond to the lake wintergrasp question.

who's copying who now?

You're being a total tool, this was a good thread before you got here, GTFO.

mmm no.

Well then maybe you could at least stop being a total dick.

or mind your own business if you can't stand the fact i'm putting wow fangirls in their place :laugh:

edit: mmmm no.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Anubis
Simple forum mechanics: Come off as an abrasive asshole with your replies and watch the fishes get hooked. Solution: Don't eat the bait :D

I was in the Closed Beta. I probably didn't give the game a fair shake.. but my initial impressions weren't that great. It just felt like another "WoW" to me. I can see where this game may succeed as the "side-game" for WoW players who wants some more meat with their PvP.

who's copying who now?

to be perfectly honest i have 100% no idea WTF you are talking about in in regards to lake wintergrasp. im not in the beta and the only beta news i read is whatever is posted in the wow thread here on AT

if it is indeed RVR (which i doubt) like you said, they arnt copying anything blizz has entertained the RVR idea for a long time, as well as seige weps which were supposed to be implemented in the origional AV

if you have "100% no idea" about wintergrasp, then wtf are you talking about it?.

lake wintergrasp is an rvr zone / siege weapons finally implemented. it took them how many years? 4-5? despite the requests of how many players? oh, and just in time to steal mythic's ideas, with a cartoony ripoff twist.

so again, why aren't these fangirls answering the wintergrasp question? :laugh:

wintergrasp is not RVR what?s the question o great master tool douche troll?

oh so now wintergrasp isn't horde vs alliance rvr?

glad we cleared that up. another pathetic failed pvp attempted by blizzard before it's even been released :)

no blizz never claimed it would be Relam vs Realm iuts just a PVP oreanted zone

"Wintergrasp will appear in the second World of Warcraft expansion as the first non-battleground zone fully dedicated to World PvP, even on PvE servers. It will focus on siege weapon warfare"

the zone is basicially a combo of Spirit towers in Terrokar, hellfire and Halaa's PVP aspects in 1 giant zone with siege weps, benefits for controlling things for bot PVE and PVP

10 secs on google and you could have answered your own question

Magusigne

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2007
If there is anything I have learned from my years of MMO'in and online gaming it's to WAIT 3 MONTHS AFTER LAUNCH to even begin to think about picking up a MMO...classes get huge nerfs within the first couple months...patches change content and mechanics dramatically and you can see if it tanks.

I made this mistake with AoC and I don't plan on picking WAR till after my Starcraft 2 itch is over (Probably january).

Be careful!

noto12ious

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2001

who's copying who now?

to be perfectly honest i have 100% no idea WTF you are talking about in in regards to lake wintergrasp. im not in the beta and the only beta news i read is whatever is posted in the wow thread here on AT

if it is indeed RVR (which i doubt) like you said, they arnt copying anything blizz has entertained the RVR idea for a long time, as well as seige weps which were supposed to be implemented in the origional AV

if you have "100% no idea" about wintergrasp, then wtf are you talking about it?.

lake wintergrasp is an rvr zone / siege weapons finally implemented. it took them how many years? 4-5? despite the requests of how many players? oh, and just in time to steal mythic's ideas, with a cartoony ripoff twist.

glad we cleared that up. another pathetic failed pvp attempted by blizzard before it's even been released :)

no blizz never claimed it would be Relam vs Realm iuts just a PVP preanted zone

"Wintergrasp will appear in the second World of Warcraft expansion as the first non-battleground zone fully dedicated to World PvP, even on PvE servers. It will focus on siege weapon warfare"

what the f? sounds like rvr to me. even a ripoff of mythic's siege warfare :)

lie more.

edit: and where was this supposed world pvp zone before warhammer came along? nuff said.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
RVR = REALM VS REALM

wintergrasp is not RVR

you do not fight people from other servers like in a BG

not hard to understand

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

who's copying who now?

lie more.

edit: and where was this supposed world pvp zone before warhammer came along? nuff said.

1) always planned as a PVP zone
2) blizz planned to implement siege weps at some point before warhammer even existed
3) you have no idea what RVR stands for apperently

noto12ious

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2001
RVR = REALM VS REALM

wintergrasp is not RVR

not hard to understand

LOL.

ladies and gentleman, i present to you epic fail named anoobis.

rvr = realm vs realm = one side vs the other.

not server vs server, twit.

noto12ious

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2001

who's copying who now?

lie more.

1) always planned as a PVP zone
2) blizz planned to implement siege weps at some point before warhammer even existed
3) you have no idea what RVR stands for apperently

LOL wrong, apparently YOU have no idea what RVR stands for. enjoy your crow.

it's always nice to "plan" for 4 years to add siege weaponry and copy mythic, but then never actually implement it until warhammer came out.

no?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
In 8 years of MMOs I?ve never heard of normal server based PVP referred to as RVR, rvr has and always will mean crossing servers
you can wear your tinfoil hat and claim wow has copied whomever you think they have copied, fact is all of the stuff you are claiming they have ripped off from someone else has been in the works for years, all the stuff going into wrath has been planned for years, if WAR was not delayed as much as it was the stuff would still be coming in wrath, I don?t know why you seem to think they are doing it simply because of WAR

Also interesting as you argue blizz copied some things from WAR, where 80% of WAR is a direct copy of WoW, which was a copy from EQ and all other MMOs that came before it.

noto12ious

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2001
In 8 years of MMOs I?ve never heard of normal server based PVP referred to as RVR, rvr has and always will mean crossing servers
you can wear your tinfoil hat and claim wow has copied whomever you think they have copied, fact is all of the stuff you are claiming they have ripped off from someone else has been in the works for years, all the stuff going into wrath has been planned for years, if WAR was not delayed as much as it was the stuff would still be coming in wrath, I don?t know why you seem to think they are doing it simply because of WAR

Also interesting as you argue blizz copied some things from WAR, where 80% of WAR is a direct copy of WoW, which was a copy from EQ and all other MMOs that came before it.

LOL.

it's ok for you to try and save face. pathetic, but it's ok.

endgame and gameplay were copied from wow? news to me. UI certainly was, and maybe the questgivers on the minimap. but endgame and actual content? no way :)

LOL at your rvr copout.
edit: and it has never meant crossing servers.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

or mind your own business if you can't stand the fact i'm putting wow fangirls in their place :laugh:

You're not putting anyone in their place, you're just making yourself look like an ass. Your posting on a public message board, so it's everyone's business, and especially the people that were trying to read this thread for info on WAR before you started douching it up.

The AOC community was full of the "ZOMG WOW SUCKS !!!?!?!" people like you, and they ruined it. WAR looks like it's going to be better than AOC, so the least that you could do would be to keep your anti-WOW zealotry out of this game and not ruin the community before it even get's off the ground.

If you want to troll and act like a child, go to OT or P&N. You're going to end up getting this thread locked.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
No offense Anubis but why are you even arguing, how can WAR copy from earlier MMORPGs when the company making WAR made one of the first successful MMORPG's that was also the first to implement RvR. I didn't play DaOC but I'm pretty sure the RvR in it was not cross server (someone who did play confirm this), so I'm not sure where you're getting that idea. I've always understood RvR to be large scale organized open world PvP where you could actually capture enemy bases and things like that, I don't see how mythic could possibly copy this from WoW when they did it already in DaOC.

EDIT: To answer Larry, I'm not sure if the graphics are low settings or not, I've heard this rumor floating around but I've never seen anything official about it.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Anyone coming from WOW is going to think that RvR is a cross-server PvP battleground.....seems pretty reasonable to me considering that the servers are called "realms".

noto12ious

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2001

You're not putting anyone in their place, you're just making yourself look like an ass. Your posting on a public message board, so it's everyone's business, and especially the people that were trying to read this thread for info on WAR before you started douching it up.

The AOC community was full of the "ZOMG WOW SUCKS !!!?!?!" people like you, and they ruined it. WAR looks like it's going to be better than AOC, so the least that you could do would be to keep your anti-WOW zealotry out of this game and not ruin the community before it even get's off the ground.

If you want to troll and act like a child, go to OT or P&N. You're going to end up getting this thread locked.

of course i'm putting them in their place.

their failures to even acknowledge wow copying warhammer says it all :)

actually, the Age of cancellations community self imploded because everyone was saying AOC SUCKS!!!!ONEONE!

try again.

the daoc/war community has always been fine , and always will be fine tyvm. it's the wow fangirl community you should be concerned about...sinking the genre into the toilet :)

noto12ious

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2001
Anyone coming from WOW is going to think that RvR is a cross-server PvP battleground.....seems pretty reasonable to me considering that the servers are called "realms".

LOL. but anoobis said it's always been cross server, even before wow.

so no, it's not reasonable.
and yes, he is dead wrong.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
I can't wait for WAR to fail like AoC (protip: it WILL happen) and you're nowhere to be seen around this forum :laugh:

MMO's based mainly on PvP cannot survive. Period. I can explain if you want, but I'm sure you're just going to reply with something lame regardless.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
You guys need to calm down and quit the stupid flame war here. WoW and WAR can exist in the same world, it's not like MMORPG's follow highlander rules or some bullshit. I hope this thread gets locked, you guys are just throwing insults back and forth now.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

LOL. but anoobis said it's always been cross server, even before wow.

so no, it's not reasonable.
and yes, he is dead wrong.

no i said ive never heard of anyone refer to PVP as RVR

so yes it is reasonable, and no im not wrong

xboxist

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2002
RVR = REALM VS REALM

wintergrasp is not RVR

not hard to understand

LOL.

ladies and gentleman, i present to you epic fail named anoobis.

rvr = realm vs realm = one side vs the other.

not server vs server, twit.

You're a douche. "Realm" = "server" in WoW. Therefore, Wintergrasp is NOT RvR.

Does this sound familiar? "The following realms will be offline for extended maint..."

You're describing fvf. Faction versus faction.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
They are on different pages. Douche knows RvR as it was in DAoC, and Anubis knows it as it sounds like it would be in WoW. Every time I hear it I think cross-server as well, but I know that's what it was called in DAoC.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006

Just to set something straight here: RvR is a term that comes from DAoC, which includes a persistent state battleground (or multiple battlegrounds), two or more teams (realms, if you will), and multiple objectives that do not impact the PvE aspect of the game to a large extent (keep/town sieges). RvR has nothing to do with cross-server battlegrounds, such as those in World of Warcraft. RvR is a special type of team-based PvP, where the team you fight on is determined by your race affiliation, not any arbitrary choice. Thus, all guilds and characters in a realm are fighting toward a common goal.

Once again, RvR has nothing to do with cross-server fighting. That's a WoW invention that does not seem to be present in WAR. The realms in WAR are the different sets of races: Order and Destruction. The realm war in WAR is Order v. Destruction.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: drebo

Just to set something straight here: RvR is a term that comes from DAoC, which includes a persistent state battleground (or multiple battlegrounds), two or more teams (realms, if you will), and multiple objectives that do not impact the PvE aspect of the game to a large extent (keep/town sieges). RvR has nothing to do with cross-server battlegrounds, such as those in World of Warcraft. RvR is a special type of team-based PvP, where the team you fight on is determined by your race affiliation, not any arbitrary choice. Thus, all guilds and characters in a realm are fighting toward a common goal.

Once again, RvR has nothing to do with cross-server fighting. That's a WoW invention that does not seem to be present in WAR. The realms in WAR are the different sets of races: Order and Destruction. The realm war in WAR is Order v. Destruction.

:thumbsup:

Whomever didn't know that doesn't know their MMO history.