Unarmed black 17 year old shot by Neighborhood watch captain in gated community...

Page 541 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 7, 2009
"
Originally Posted by soundforbjt
Had Trayvon been a "real thug", Z would be the one dead. More speculation by the above as expected.

"

How many sidewalk head slams do you guess it would take to kill someone?

Trayvon was a thug. The way he presented himself, acted, dressed, people he hung around... Act like a thug, look like a thug, don't be surprised when you're treated like a thug.

You can't choose this lifestyle, and then midway through beating someone's head, when they pull out a gun, say 'wait wait I'm not really bad it just looks that way'

Sep 7, 2009
i think they are getting a free from criticism (in this thread). i.e. many people say GZ should have stayed in his car (would have been a wise move looking back on things). I think one could say TM parents could have done a better job in making sure a child ( who they are legally responible for) serving recent multiple school suspensions, should have been more closely supervised.

to be more candid: grounded

I strongly disagree. If my neighborhood had a string of break ins, I hope that my neighborhood watch captain notifies me if some thug is potentially trying to kick down my back door.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I strongly disagree. If my neighborhood had a string of break ins, I hope that my neighborhood watch captain notifies me if some thug is potentially trying to kick down my back door.

Or walking home from the 7-11 with a bag of Skittles, OH THE HORROR!

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
"
Originally Posted by soundforbjt
Had Trayvon been a "real thug", Z would be the one dead. More speculation by the above as expected.

"

How many sidewalk head slams do you guess it would take to kill someone?

Trayvon was a thug. The way he presented himself, acted, dressed, people he hung around... Act like a thug, look like a thug, don't be surprised when you're treated like a thug.

You can't choose this lifestyle, and then midway through beating someone's head, when they pull out a gun, say 'wait wait I'm not really bad it just looks that way'

A "real thug" would've shot Zimmerman from behind, not "confronted" him.

But feel free to make your own decisions/opinions. It's a free country.

Sep 7, 2009
Or walking home from the 7-11 with a bag of Skittles, OH THE HORROR!

The skittles, tea, and basketball game half-time are all events created by trayvon family and family lawyers to incite emotional reactions from people... These are same people feeding you all of the other BS about trayvon being 130lbs, a small child, and every other emotion-inducing lie that's come out thus far.

It's been proven that trayvon's dad wasn't home and trayvon was unsupervised that night, and the fact is... No one knows what trayvon was doing out that night.

I know skittles and tea make for a good story, but it's definitely pure speculation made up out of thin air.

Edit: I stand corrected, trayvon did have skittles and ice tea with him.

Last edited:

Druidx

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
So what? You think they don't deserve to? You think it's any consolation for losing a son?

Zimmerman is already cashing in with his website and calls to Hannity. If he's not in jail he'll be running for congress in two years.
You may be right, he's a registered democrat after all.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
The skittles, tea, and basketball game half-time are all events created by trayvon family and family lawyers to incite emotional reactions from people... These are same people feeding you all of the other BS about trayvon being 130lbs, a small child, and every other emotion-inducing lie that's come out thus far.

It's been proven that trayvon's dad wasn't home and trayvon was unsupervised that night, and the fact is... No one knows what trayvon was doing out that night.

I know skittles and tea make for a good story, but it's definitely pure speculation made up out of thin air.

Isn't it true that's what police found on him?

echo4747

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2005
Z did notify from his car and could have probably pursued more from his car. He did not break the law by leaving his car. It can be argued it was even reasonable leaving the car. I am even leaning toward the self defense story based on only what we know at this point. In hindsight, I think he would be better off right now if he did't leave his vehicle.

Sep 7, 2009
Z did notify from his car and could have probably pursued more from his car. He did not break the law by leaving his car. It can be argued it was even reasonable leaving the car. I am even leaning toward the self defense story based on only what we know at this point. In hindsight, I think he would be better off right now if he did't leave his vehicle.

All zimmerman knew was that his neighborhood has had a stream of thefts and issues, and he saw a punk thug who did not live in the neighborhood, who ran behind his neighbor's house when simply asked "What are you doing here?"

This thug then had PLENTY of time to run home, to call 911 himself, to scream help, he had SO MANY options yet the one he chose was to 'jump' zimmerman.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002

Actually the police have verified he had skittles and iced tea on him, where as people like you are speculating out of thin air that he "might have been casing the neighborhood!" but there's zero proof of that. I have heard nothing outside of racist asshats online to prove he had any sort of burglary equipment on him. Maybe he was going to use the Skittles to break in a house? And actually outside of speculation there's not even proof that he's ever broken into a house or stole anything. I Googled the shit out of this, and the only links that mention him being a thief are all people who sound like pissed off racists.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2009
Actually the police have verified he has skittles and iced tea, where as people like you are speculating out of thin air that he "might have been casing the neighborhood!" but there's zero proof of that.

Show me the police report. This must be new news, if so I stand corrected.

Feb 10, 2000
Show me the police report. This must be new news, if so I stand corrected.

It's not new. Chief Lee said this from the beginning - http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...appened-the-night-trayvon-martin-died/1223083

I find it comical that you are disputing the Skittles and iced tea, while adopting Mr. Zimmerman's account of what happened as undisputed fact and stating that "Trayvon WAS a thug, by any definition," yet I am the one "unethically" taking liberties with the evidence.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It's not new. Chief Lee said this from the beginning - http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...appened-the-night-trayvon-martin-died/1223083

I find it comical that you are disputing the Skittles and iced tea, while adopting Mr. Zimmerman's account of what happened as undisputed fact and stating that "Trayvon WAS a thug, by any definition," yet I am the one "unethically" taking liberties with the evidence.

Some supporters of Z will just make shit up out of thin air to maintain their position.

Also painting T as a thug helps them justify their hate.

Sep 7, 2009
Actually the police have verified he had skittles and iced tea on him, where as people like you are speculating out of thin air that he "might have been casing the neighborhood!" but there's zero proof of that. I have heard nothing outside of racist asshats online to prove he had any sort of burglary equipment on him. Maybe he was going to use the Skittles to break in a house? And actually outside of speculation there's not even proof that he's ever broken into a house or stole anything. I Googled the shit out of this, and the only links that mention this are all people who clearly sound racist.

Ok I have to requote to address your new statements.

Was trayvon caught with women's jewelry, and a screwdriver bent/scratched/deformed to use as a burglary tool.. Yes or no?

The stories have been pulled since trayvon was a minor, but it has been stated, quoted, proven numerous times with links throughout this thread.

Look, trayvon was a thug. This really is an undeniable fact. A terrible one for sure, I truly wish it weren't the case, but EVERYTHING about this young man points to him being a little thug.

He was caught with drugs at school (reported multiple baggies which is now unconfirmable), caught with burglary tools, he has frigging FULL GOLD GRILL and is 17 years old!! His brother has publicly congratulated him for beating up some bus driver, he has pics all over looking like a thug - flipping off the camera, baring his flashy grill, posting "thug life 4eva" along with all of this other twitter/youtube thug comments.

Where'd he get the >$1000 for a solid gold grill at 17? Mowing yards?

It's not like he just had a couple goofy pics that are being misinterpreted... Like I said, act like a thug, dress like a thug, associate with thugs......... and you can't call time-out all the sudden and say wait I'm not with these guys.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
All zimmerman knew was that his neighborhood has had a stream of thefts and issues, and he saw a punk thug who did not live in the neighborhood, who ran behind his neighbor's house when simply asked "What are you doing here?"

This thug then had PLENTY of time to run home, to call 911 himself, to scream help, he had SO MANY options yet the one he chose was to 'jump' zimmerman.

So martin now Ran after a verbal conversation with Zimmerman?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Actually the police have verified he had skittles and iced tea on him, where as people like you are speculating out of thin air that he "might have been casing the neighborhood!" but there's zero proof of that. I have heard nothing outside of racist asshats online to prove he had any sort of burglary equipment on him. Maybe he was going to use the Skittles to break in a house? And actually outside of speculation there's not even proof that he's ever broken into a house or stole anything. I Googled the shit out of this, and the only links that mention him being a thief are all people who sound like pissed off racists.

So you're denying he was caught at school with a bag of loot (jewelry) and a burglary tool?

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005

Was trayvon caught with women's jewelry, and a screwdriver bent/scratched/deformed to use as a burglary tool.. Yes or no?

The stories have been pulled since trayvon was a minor, but it has been stated, quoted, proven numerous times with links throughout this thread.

Look, trayvon was a thug. This really is an undeniable fact. A terrible one for sure, I truly wish it weren't the case, but EVERYTHING about this young man points to him being a little thug.

He was caught with drugs at school (reported multiple baggies which is now unconfirmable), caught with burglary tools, he has frigging FULL GOLD GRILL and is 17 years old!! His brother has publicly congratulated him for beating up some bus driver, he has pics all over looking like a thug - flipping off the camera, baring his flashy grill, posting "thug life 4eva" along with all of this other twitter/youtube thug comments.

It's not like he just had a couple goofy pics that are being misinterpreted... Like I said, act like a thug, dress like a thug, associate with thugs......... and you can't call time-out all the sudden and say wait I'm not with these guys.

Its your opinion and conjecture he was a thug, nothing more.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002

blah blah blah, nothing has been proven, show me a link from a reputable site that says anything about him ever being in possession of stolen jewerly. I'm not interested in a site ran by a Spidey07 type dude that says it, that is not valid sorry. As for beating up the bus driver, show me PROOF. And also show me PROOF that the golf grill wasn't a fake metal one you can order online for next to nothing. Show me PROOF he was a thug, and Youtube videos don't prove shit. I have proven he had Skittles & Iced Tea on him, not burglary equipment.

http://www.hiphopbling.com/allshgogrhip.html

There's a link to a gold grill set, $30, please show me PROOF that he had a $1,000 one, and again I don't want it to be a Spidey07'ish link. I want something with facts, not speculation.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

So all that bullshit you just spouted? How is it relevant to this case?

CLite

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2005
http://www.hiphopbling.com/allshgogrhip.html

Maybe for $30?

The leading questions you present are very biased in viewing him as a drug dealer. From reading the twitter it seems that he and his friends enjoyed weed. This is something that I knew plenty of people from my HS & college whom society would consider upstanding and successful nowadays enjoyed as well, even a few 1%'ers.

The screwdriver and woman's jewelry is more damning, although since everything is pulled it's hard to evaluate the situation and why the school came to the conclusion that it wasn't his stuff.

In the end the attempt at character assassination to counter-act the media's assassination of Zimmerman is nothing but hypocritical. It was so easy for the media to jump on Zimmerman's past (albeit no convictions like Martin) just like it's so easy for you to jump all over Martin.