Unarmed black 17 year old shot by Neighborhood watch captain in gated community...

Page 540 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
It's as believable and true about as much as all the "what ifs" made up by zimmerman lynch mob.

He's not getting charged. Zimmerman's story is fact and very clear cut self defense, backed up by tons of evidence.

Thug tried to play big boy, thug got dead by attacking an armed man. Let that be a lesson to all thugs.

If Corey has evidence you dont know about that contradicts released facts and charges him, Your meltdown will be EPIC.

echo4747

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2005
I know it doesn't have any legal relavence whether GZ is guilty/innocent. I'm a bit surprised that the topic not mentioned much in this thread; is the role of parenting, specifically TM's parents (since he is a minor) in this case.
I know it doesn't have any legal relevance whether GZ is guilty/innocent. As opinionated as this thread is I think TM's parents are "getting a free ride" (and yes its very tragic they lost a son)

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
If Corey has evidence you dont know about that contradicts released facts and charges him, Your meltdown will be EPIC.

There will be no meltdown. If there is convincing evidence of a crime committed then arrest him and throw the book at him and I'll be fine with that.

That's the big difference. I'm dealing strictly with facts, logic and supreme knowledge of self defense laws in states that I visit. The martin supporters? Pure racist emotional drivel is all you're spouting along with conjecture and made up in your head bullshit.

I'll stick to the facts and evidence and innocent until proven guilty, have fun at your lynching, racists.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
A new theory has come up. We need to know when Martin was visiting that area and line up the reported burglaries and dates to see if there is a pattern.

Remember the bag of loot/jewelry he had was turned over to the police who couldn't match it up with reported stolen, so it very well could be he had loot from this neighborhood on a previous visit and ganking of houses.

corwin

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2006
I know it doesn't have any legal relavence whether GZ is guilty/innocent. I'm a bit surprised that the topic not mentioned much in this thread; is the role of parenting, specifically TM's parents (since he is a minor) in this case.
I know it doesn't have any legal relevance whether GZ is guilty/innocent. As opinionated as this thread is I think TM's parents are "getting a free ride" (and yes its very tragic they lost a son)
No it hasn't been mentioned much but it would seem that his parents are, lets say less than the model we would like to see most be in this world...none are perfect even myself however they seem to have allowed a lot of behaviors and actions that should not have been tolerated

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
There will be no meltdown. If there is convincing evidence of a crime committed then arrest him and throw the book at him and I'll be fine with that.

That's the big difference. I'm dealing strictly with facts, logic and supreme knowledge of self defense laws in states that I visit. The martin supporters? Pure racist emotional drivel is all you're spouting along with conjecture and made up in your head bullshit.

I'll stick to the facts and evidence and innocent until proven guilty, have fun at your lynching, racists.

And here I thought you would be excited to find so many fellow racists.

Sep 7, 2009
<snip>

Either way your still a disgusting human being.

The really disgusting thing to me, is that you find someone who wants to wait on facts before lynching someone a terrible human being.

All throughout our history we have been shown it's better to WAIT FOR FACTS before forming an opinion and hanging someone.

It's revolting to me that so many knowledgeable and intelligent people refuse to look at the facts of the case, and instead want to decide some man's life purely on their gut feelings.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
"Why I Called George Zimmerman a Murderer, and Why I Was Wrong"

Pretty good summary all the martin supporters should read. It puts to bed all their lies and misrepresentations fed by the media.

http://pjmedia.com/blog/why-i-called-george-zimmerman-a-murderer-and-why-i-was-wrong/

I call BS, this blogger has been on Z's side since he started blogging about it.

Link to his blog: http://www.bob-owens.com/

Read all of his posts on the case, he never believed Z was guilty.

Sep 7, 2009

Personally, I think some kids are just bad - parenting and environment aside.

I think it shows good character that they sent trayvon to stay with dad once he turned into a little thug and got caught up in all the activities he was involved in.

However, I'm not sure whether to blame the parents or trayvon family lawyers, but one of them clearly intentionally tried to swing the media towards this being a "white man killed a 12 year old black child in cold blood" rather than what it was.... A very troubled young man caught up in bad activities, who found the wrong person to lash out on.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
A new theory has come up. We need to know when Martin was visiting that area and line up the reported burglaries and dates to see if there is a pattern.

Remember the bag of loot/jewelry he had was turned over to the police who couldn't match it up with reported stolen, so it very well could be he had loot from this neighborhood on a previous visit and ganking of houses.

Z supporters sure come up with a lot of "theories" as to why the killing was justified. So they can break down why Trayvon was this evil thug, when Georgie is the only one here who actually has a checkered past, an NO a few pics on FB and a silly YT video of Martin don't mean shit in the big picture. Theory? LOL get the fuck out of here.

Last edited:

echo4747

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2005
No it hasn't been mentioned much but it would seem that his parents are, lets say less than the model we would like to see most be in this world...none are perfect even myself however they seem to have allowed a lot of behaviors and actions that should not have been tolerated
i feel the same way

Oct 16, 1999

What exactly are they getting a free ride from? And whatever ride you think they're on isn't free, the ticket price is one child's life. WTF is wrong with you?

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
When is this press conference?

..................................................................................

Jewell was the sacrificial lamb that the Clinton Administration needed at that time.

No, you figure it out on your own. You can do that by starting with one question: When?

Sep 7, 2009
What exactly are they getting a free ride from? And whatever ride you think they're on isn't free, the ticket price is one child's life. WTF is wrong with you?

While I definitely don't think they "wanted" this, rest assured that they will profit off of this ordeal. Between paid interviews, rights to trayvon's story, etc etc etc I imagine they will net a nice chunk of change from it.

Sep 7, 2009
Z supporters sure come up with a lot of "theories" as to why the killing was justified. So they can break down why Trayvon was this evil thug, when Georgie is the only one here who actually has a checkered past, an NO a few pics on FB and a silly YT video of Martin don't mean shit in the big picture. Theory? LOL get the fuck out of here.

Um, there have been no new theories for quite awhile now.

Trayvon WAS a thug, by any definition. He clearly was a troubled young man, who has a 'history' which led to this event happening (aside from the poor decisions he made that night).

Zimmerman's history is relevent, sure, but throwing some drunk girl in a pool almost 7 years ago pales in comparison to trayvon's 2 week out of school suspension, drug activity, burglary activity, and everything else he was caught up in... Which btw, were all current problems and getting worse.

It's a terrible thing that trayvon lost his life that night, but when all the evidence points towards him bashing some man's head on a sidewalk it's tough for me to find pity about it.

I have little remorse for someone who attacks another person, and ends up dead for it. You just can't go around doing this sort of stuff.

Oct 16, 1999
While I definitely don't think they "wanted" this, rest assured that they will profit off of this ordeal. Between paid interviews, rights to trayvon's story, etc etc etc I imagine they will net a nice chunk of change from it.

So what? You think they don't deserve to? You think it's any consolation for losing a son?

Zimmerman is already cashing in with his website and calls to Hannity. If he's not in jail he'll be running for congress in two years.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Um, there have been no new theories for quite awhile now.

Trayvon WAS a thug, by any definition. He clearly was a troubled young man, who has a 'history' which led to this event happening (aside from the poor decisions he made that night).

Zimmerman's history is relevent, sure, but throwing some drunk girl in a pool almost 7 years ago pales in comparison to trayvon's 2 week out of school suspension, drug activity, burglary activity, and everything else he was caught up in... Which btw, were all current problems and getting worse.

It's a terrible thing that trayvon lost his life that night, but when all the evidence points towards him bashing some man's head on a sidewalk it's tough for me to find pity about it.

I have little remorse for someone who attacks another person, and ends up dead for it. You just can't go around doing this sort of stuff.

Had Trayvon been a "real thug", Z would be the one dead. More speculation by the above as expected.

Sep 7, 2009
So what? You think they don't deserve to? You think it's any consolation for losing a son?

Zimmerman is already cashing in with his website and calls to Hannity. If he's not in jail he'll be running for congress in two years.

I think deserve is a very strong word, and certainly out of context considering how the media (and by extension, society) were very directly led to certain conclusions which the trayvon family and family lawyers knew to be false.

I think that they have a right to profit off of it.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Had Trayvon been a "real thug", Z would be the one dead. More speculation by the above as expected.

And he very well could have been if he didn't save his own life from the vicious beating and verbal threats to his life in a perfect case of self defense.

echo4747

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2005
i think they are getting a free from criticism (in this thread). i.e. many people say GZ should have stayed in his car (would have been a wise move looking back on things). I think one could say TM parents could have done a better job in making sure a child ( who they are legally responible for) serving recent multiple school suspensions, should have been more closely supervised.

to be more candid: grounded