Transgender Allowed In Miss Universe Canada

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 27, 2012
You didn't really answer the question. A private business made a decision, based on people exercising their free speech, to allow her to complete.

Are you trying to force a private business to change their rules? Or are you just saying what the private business should do, but not forcing them to do it. If the latter, then you have done nothing to ensure that it won't happen in the future.

Donald Trump didn't want him in though, it was political correctness and special interest groups who screwed it all up

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
Yes I'm pretty sure they would be just fine with it...she's got the right parts to be there and going into the mens room might give some guy the wrong impression;)

Get over it, she's a girl now...

We have the technology to give him a uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, cervix and two X chromosomes? Wow. o_O

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I have mixed feelings on this. I think transgendered women deserve respect and understanding and to be treated as women.

But for a competition like this, it's a fact that their bodies are not the same, exactly, as women from birth.

There's nothing wrong with it but I can understand a group, women, being concerned about someone not exactly in their group competing.

Now, for a beauty contest, it's hard to see the TW having any unfair advantage - I'd expect it to go the other direction, and why not wish them well in winning?

Of course one element of a beauty pageant is attractiveness to straight men and lesbian women, and many of them - however beautiful a TW is - won't be 'attracted'.

And that's a sort of business issues about the purpose of the pageant. Then again, if a lot of the audience doesn't like, say, black women in, I don't like that - so...

I'd let them in, I think.

On the other hand, more athletic competitions seem to raise more issues, if they have an advantage as a TW. That's come up in a sport such as golf. Hard call.

Fighting discrimination good; encouraging discrimination if it's undair causing resentment bad. There aren't enough to form a 'transgeder tournament' really, are there.

I think I'd leave that one up to the science - if unfair, no, if fair, yes.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Transgender Allowed In Miss Universe Canada

In Canada a man who became a woman has entered the Miss Universe Canada and has been allowed to compete, initially he was denied entry but they let him in

This is not a woman it is still a MAN and therefore should not be allowed to enter the contest

Do you believe he should be allowed to enter or not

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Universe-Canada-Contestant-takes-pageant.html

This is old news

She can play in our bed anytime

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009
Donald Trump didn't want him in though, it was political correctness and special interest groups who screwed it all up

If Donald Trump didn't want her in, she wouldn't be. He is the final word. The fact that she is in means he did in fact want her in, but it says nothing of the reasons why he wanted her in. You can try to ascribe any motive you want to Trump, but it doesn't change the fact that it was still a private organization making a decision in the absence of government intervention. Exactly what you claim private businesses should be entitled to do. You should be applauding the organization for taking a stand for what it believes in (in this case, money is more important than any notion of gender purity).

And you STILL haven't brought forth any means of ensuring that this 'threat' doesn't happen in the US. Tell me how you're going to stop it.

Apr 27, 2012
If Donald Trump didn't want her in, she wouldn't be. He is the final word. The fact that she is in means he did in fact want her in, but it says nothing of the reasons why he wanted her in. You can try to ascribe any motive you want to Trump, but it doesn't change the fact that it was still a private organization making a decision in the absence of government intervention. Exactly what you claim private businesses should be entitled to do. You should be applauding the organization for taking a stand for what it believes in (in this case, money is more important than any notion of gender purity).

And you STILL haven't brought forth any means of ensuring that this 'threat' doesn't happen in the US. Tell me how you're going to stop it.

Except Trump didnt want her in he had to cave to special interest groups.

To make sure this threat doesnt happen to the US these beauty contests have to allow only women who were born as women at birth to compete. As well no taxpayer funded gender surgery for these people and no government involvement forcing insurance companies to cover them

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009
Except Trump didnt want her in he had to cave to special interest groups.

He did not HAVE to cave to special interest groups. He CHOSE to cave to special interest groups.

To make sure this threat doesnt happen to the US these beauty contests have to allow only women who were born as women at birth to compete. As well no taxpayer funded gender surgery for these people and no government involvement forcing insurance companies to cover them

When you say have, you mean that there should be a law passed to stop a private organization from choosing who gets to participate in its competition?

Apr 27, 2012
He did not HAVE to cave to special interest groups. He CHOSE to cave to special interest groups.

When you say have, you mean that there should be a law passed to stop a private organization from choosing who gets to participate in its competition?

Donald didn't choose he was forced.

No law should be passed but the private organizations have to take a stand against these freaks

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

No law should be passed but the private organizations have to take a stand against these freaks

No they don't. Private organizations can do anything they like (within the law, of course).

head-explode.gif

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

In a world of bigots there are freaks because bigots have bigoted feelings, but in the world of normal undamaged minds, difference is just statistical. Unless you are a bigot against red hair color, you will notice that people with red hair aren't common, but they are not freaks. You were not inculcated at a young age with an irrational reaction to red hair, like you were to atypically sexually oriented people. Your same mind, had it developed in a different home, could exhibit a profound aversion to white people or Christians, say.

Sadly, of course for you, you have reached an age where you interact in a world of many different kinds of mentalities and have never examined the parochial nature of your thinking. You exhibit the freakish phenomenon of calling others freaks. The freakishness, of course also, is only in your head, but in the world of unbigoted people, it is you who is the freak. This is a fact that you will have to adjust to by self development or retreat into greater and greater contempt for the world around you. But in that way you will create your own hell.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
In a world of bigots there are freaks because bigots have bigoted feelings, but in the world of normal undamaged minds, difference is just statistical. Unless you are a bigot against red hair color, you will notice that people with red hair aren't common, but they are not freaks. You were not inculcated at a young age with an irrational reaction to red hair, like you were to atypically sexually oriented people. Your same mind, had it developed in a different home, could exhibit a profound aversion to white people or Christians, say.

Sadly, of course for you, you have reached an age where you interact in a world of many different kinds of mentalities and have never examined the parochial nature of your thinking. You exhibit the freakish phenomenon of calling others freaks. The freakishness, of course also, is only in your head, but in the world of unbigoted people, it is you who is the freak. This is a fact that you will have to adjust to by self development or retreat into greater and greater contempt for the world around you. But in that way you will create your own hell.

Sorry, but Transgendered people are mentally ill.

If a person thought they were suppose to be born a horse should they be allowed to be entered in a show-horse competition?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

If a person thought they were suppose to be born a horse should they be allowed to be entered in a show-horse competition?

Let's just pretend you are right like most of the rest of the world does. Mental illness is very common. It does not make people freaks. Your emotional need to hate and hurt makes people freaks. This is a product of your own mental illness. To other bigots you would be a freak.

If a person who thought they were supposed to be a horse and had all the external characteristics of a horse that horses are judged on, why not. I would go see that contest. And remember, when it comes to horses, it is often difficult to determine whether it's a person or a horse that's a horse's ass.

crashtestdummy

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2010

On what basis do you define that? Outside of the abuse they get from society, are they inherently less happy? Are they more violent? Abusive to children? Less competent of able to work hard? I think you'd find that if you control for how people treat them, transgendered folks are not substantially different than anyone else.

If I entered a show horse competition, the judges would look at me and say "you don't make a very nice horse" and promptly knock me out in the nomination process. Clearly, the judges didn't feel that was about this participant. As far as they're concerned, she is a beautiful woman, and thus belongs in the competition.

Broheim

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2011
the OP is a pretty fucking weak troll, can't we just ban him now and not waste anymore bits on him before the inevitable happens?

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
You didn't really answer the question. A private business made a decision, based on people exercising their free speech, to allow her to complete.

Are you trying to force a private business to change their rules? Or are you just saying what the private business should do, but not forcing them to do it. If the latter, then you have done nothing to ensure that it won't happen in the future.

A private business made a decision, based on the laws of Canada, to allow her to complete.

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009

Prove it. Did someone hold a gun to his head? Did they threaten his family? Did they do anything outside the law to 'force' him into this decision? You keep saying he was forced but you haven't given a shred of proof.

I see a man who made a smart free market decision. The fact that there was public pressure to make a given decision is no different than Fox cancelling a show for bad ratings.

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009
A private business made a decision, based on the laws of Canada, to allow her to complete.

Kind of yes and kind of no. I hadn't actually read everything there was to read about this and hadn't seen the 'defined as female by Canadian laws' reasoning. But that doesn't mean they couldn't have easily changed their rules to disallow her if they wanted to.

I'm not aware of any law that says that she has to be treated the same as every other female, especially in a contest when they can kick you out for basically any reason at all.

Apr 27, 2012
the OP is a pretty fucking weak troll, can't we just ban him now and not waste anymore bits on him before the inevitable happens?

Definition of troll: Someone you dont agree with

I am not a troll because I actually believe that the man shouldn't be allowed to enter, there are lots of people who would be against this

I am someone who loves to debate controversial issues which is why I posted this thread, sounds to me you cant handle the discussion and should leave the thread

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

Considering some of your previous posts, I hardly think you're in a position to judge anyone's mental health.

That depends on how sexy their fetlocks are, how well they whinny and neigh, and how many flies they can shoo with their tail.

Dec 10, 2005
I am someone who loves to debate controversial issues which is why I posted this thread, sounds to me you cant handle the discussion and should leave the thread

Debate usually involves exchanging of facts; it doesn't really involve ignoring facts that are presented to you by sticking your fingers in your ears and humming real loud. The kind of 'debate' you seem to enjoy is just what everyone else calls trolling.