Transgender Allowed In Miss Universe Canada

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009
I have been to Canada before and this is definitely not there culture, they have respect for human life and most of them dont tolerate this

Don't even pretend to think you can speak for Canadians just because you've been here.

Trust a Canadian, we're far more supportive of trannies than we would be of you.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Just disqualify those whose true biological sex is in question. Can't tell if you're male or female? Disqualified.

"Wiggle room?" How? You are...or you aren't.

It can be more complex than "You are...or you aren't." Take someone with complete Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome. Genotypically XY, but there is an error at some point in the testosterone pathway that renders the body completely insensitive to any androgen. Therefore, the gonads (non-functional) are testes that don't fully descend (because the process requires androgens), and no uterus/ovaries develop because AMH still functions, but the external genitalia and body habitus are completely female. Not just female, to a point excessively female - tall, thin, great skin, hips, long legs, larger breasts, decreased body hair. In addition, brain maturation is thought to be, in part, androgen dependent and therefore her brain develops as a female's would as well. So what you're left is an XY with non-functional testes (that are removed), no internal female organs, but a completely female external habitus and female mind. Is she still a man to you? I'll give you a hint, she's a she.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Years ago I was on board a submarine... When the captain ordered her submerged I noticed a few sailors looking at me and at this clothes line that had been strung from bulkhead to bulkhead... It seemed the deeper we went the more the line drooped... at some point a sailor said... "Don't worry, it's normal"... and I said to him... "I understand why the line drooped but not why you'd hang your laundry on it... the floor is quite dirty, it seems"

PSI is a harsh mistress

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Excuse me and without wasting any time reading any of the back posts, if we have a totally counterfeit value that the more beautiful any human female is to the great unwashed male mean, then we also accept the bogus thesis that less beautiful females are somehow inferior. When female beauty is not a very good predictor of the content of female character, ability, or compatibility with some male as a marriage life partner.

But if fools are willing to buy into the counterfeit idea that a human female should be only judged on only how beautiful they are, why should it be a bigger stretch to admit many transgendered males are more beautiful than 99% of human genuine article human females?

+1

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
That still doesn't turn a "he" into a "she." That just makes a badly mutilated male...The XY chromosomes don't change...

I basically agree with your first paragraph...physical beauty is not an indicator of how beautiful the "whole person" may be...BUT, while I'll admit that the guy in question certainly LOOKS like a beautiful woman...it's still just a man.
The mutilated males should have their own beauty pageants instead of trying to compete with biological females.

1) Then I guess misogynist Mr. Trump will have to use DNA testing on all potential entrants to his meat market pageants and weed out mutilated males. Or maybe we should just get rid of meat market pageants all together?

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
It seems from here, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XXY), that XXY = man.

I dont care if people want to be gay. I only care when they expect me to recognize their homosexual relationships.

Transgender is not a sexual orientation. It is a mental disorder just like Body integrity identity disorder.

1a) For someone who says they don't care about it you sure seem to mention it a lot

1b) We recognize all kinds of relationships in this society; recognizing one more is too much?

2a) Transgender is a mostly all-encompassing term; it could refer to orientation or preference. It can also refer to people who cross-dress, drag-kings and drag-queens, shemales, etc.

2b) The APA often terms conditions that are outside of the strict heterosexual, male-female norm as disorders. When a condition is labeled as a disorder that is not to say it is a defect, although some people use it with that intention; usually as a way of stroking their limp and flaccid egos.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
So...if I drop a BMW Motorsport engine and drivetrain into that Civic...I have an M3?

I believe you would have a vehicle. Maybe you could call it a CivM3 or an M3ic.

But if you didn't do further mods, chassis and body strengthening; you'd soon have Motorsport engine and drive train separated from the shell that for a short time encased it.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
What is a PSI?

Edit: I got it... Pounds per square inch?

Ehh. I should have said water pressure and left it at that.

I had a similar story to yours told to me by a former submariner. I remember thinking what the hell until my high school science classes kicked in.

I'm not normally claustrophobic but the thought of being in a submarine gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Excuse me and without wasting any time reading any of the back posts, if we have a totally counterfeit value that the more beautiful any human female is to the great unwashed male mean, then we also accept the bogus thesis that less beautiful females are somehow inferior. When female beauty is not a very good predictor of the content of female character, ability, or compatibility with some male as a marriage life partner.

But if fools are willing to buy into the counterfeit idea that a human female should be only judged on only how beautiful they are, why should it be a bigger stretch to admit many transgendered males are more beautiful than 99% of human genuine article human females?

It's not a "counterfeit" value. In society, a woman's primary value as a woman is her beauty. True, this has nothing to do with her character or ability and so forth, but when a man looks for a woman, character and ability are looked at only after her appearance is judged.

Similar ideas hold true when women look at men. Tall men have an easier time getting laid (and subsequently getting married, reproducing) than shorter men, regardless of character.

It's simple human nature, even if it's not politically correct to think about.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Those of you saying this guy is a chick and would bang him because you think he's now a girl, think again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKuLmcrIJAc Gender reassignment is just a clever way to reshape the penis. When you go down on him and lick his "clit", that's his glans penis you'll be nibbling on.

The glans of the penis and the clit are derived from the same tissue anyway originally, so meh.

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
I don't see a problem letting this woman into the event, most of the girls in it have had plastic surgery anyway so who cares...?

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Methinks the OP may be disappointed that Jenna Talackova had her external "naughty bits" removed, thereby reducing his fapportunities...

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Ehh. I should have said water pressure and left it at that.

I had a similar story to yours told to me by a former submariner. I remember thinking what the hell until my high school science classes kicked in.

I'm not normally claustrophobic but the thought of being in a submarine gives me the heebie-jeebies.

At that time I'd not been in one that actually moved let alone sank under control...
I figured if 'they' went about business no different than if the boat was tied up to the dock then what should I be worried about... ():)
I did think about Scorpion and Thresher though and was happy to bid adieu to my wanna be fishy folks.

I started thinking about what kind of people Want to be in that Service. And why Marines didn't like being on an LPD, for instance. And all manner of Whys. That was many years ago and probably why threads like this perk my interest...
Why would a Marine or Soldier prefer being on land and shot at than on a ship or boat sorta safe from all that?... What motivates folks to prefer as it were. Or be claustrophobic... or anything...

Why does this Transgender person want to be in a pageant? Can it be she is completely female and can't think of herself as a man and she is pretty.

It always seems to me that what motivates folks comes from their sub-conscious and this girl is a girl...

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Exactly, its not a woman but a MAN.

I know you can't be disabused of the notion you hold but, is there a criteria that might cause you to reconsider? A fellow earlier posted where I was about to get to with 'wiggle room'... Is it simply once a boy always a boy and any sign of being a boy is enough to conclude that?

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
I know you can't be disabused of the notion you hold but, is there a criteria that might cause you to reconsider? A fellow earlier posted where I was about to get to with 'wiggle room'... Is it simply once a boy always a boy and any sign of being a boy is enough to conclude that?

Although not directed at me, my basic criteria is having two x chromosomes from birth and being born a genetic female. All the rest is cosmetic deception and societal interpretation.

Sent from my GT-N7000

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Although not directed at me, my basic criteria is having two x chromosomes from birth and being born a genetic female. All the rest is cosmetic deception and societal interpretation.

Sent from my GT-N7000

Read post #131.

I had that in mind as I was moving into that area of thought. As I mentioned earlier, the diagnosis seems to be universally moving away from a mental illness toward something much different but depending on some objective evidence.

Sometimes a person is given 'faulty' chromosomes and in that case all the bits in their body reflect this abnormality... sometimes, however, it is developed after conception and some bits reflect the abnormality and some bits don't....
What is your opinion if a person with the latter condition is checked and their condition is present... say it was XY and then a month later the person is checked again and reflects XX?
I'm not saying that the XY or XX factor falls under this condition but IF it were to happen what would you think then?

"Tetragametic chimerism, as it affects homosexuality and transgender identity, is properly termed macro-chimerism since, in theory, it can be hexagametic or more, if more than two embryos merge. But since male cells outgrow female cells in this condition, the majority of male/female chimeras should be phenotypically male. Since the majority of any organ tends to be made from one embryo or the other, while a mixed-sex brain could occur in any proportion, generally the brain would be primarily male or female."

Last edited: