Train Derailment East Palestine Ohio - news blackout?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I expect the EPA will need to launch an investigation into this matter and punish/fine the parties responsible.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'm afraid the infrastructure law was filled with too much pork to be worth much of anything other than a caboose load of spending.

Pork like what? One man’s airport is another man’s pork. Trying to determine your definition

Reactions: hal2kilo

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Felix is not a serious person, he's not worth your time.

We know this but we want everyone to know this. We ask questions of him because we know he’ll never answer them or acknowledge any counter fact presented to him. We don’t need to ignore him or shut him up because he’ll auto mute when asked to provide any evidence for any claim he makes. He’s a dime a dozen and very, very predictable. When cornered he’ll complain that he’s being attacked and claim to be the victim and when the evidence against him becomes too big to ignore he’ll invent another conspiracy or make another bs claim to deflect from his previous one.

Brainwashed people and cult members aren’t capable of accepting contradictory evidence, their whole existence is to protect the bubble they live in and never question what they are told by their leaders because that’s what their cult figureheads tell them and they don’t even see it, even when their leaders say it out loud and directly.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Norfolk Southern didn't even show up to the town hall meeting. Unreal.

Capitalism. BTW - when Pubs go budget cutting is infrastructure on the list?

I heard 2 shocking things about NS

They got the govt to block a regulations update

Some trains are 2 miles long and brake from the front. Longer trains because of staffing cuts

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Felix is not a serious person, he's not worth your time.

Feel free to contribute things you think are "worth" peoples time.

And dont worry, the guy with the upside American flag avatar will get around to chasing you around and make silly accusations if you disagree with him.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Pork like what? One man’s airport is another man’s pork. Trying to determine your definition

I think we have enough airports already.

Capitalism. BTW - when Pubs go budget cutting is infrastructure on the list?

I heard 2 shocking things about NS

They got the govt to block a regulations update

Some trains are 2 miles long and brake from the front. Longer trains because of staffing cuts

Big business influencing Congress? No way! Thats the first I've heard of this.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Feel free to contribute things you think are "worth" peoples time.

And dont worry, the guy with the upside American flag avatar will get around to chasing you around and make silly accusations if you disagree with him.

Two more posts by you and you’ve yet to address anyone’s points or questions. Keep proving my point!

• Love
Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I think we have enough airports already.

Big business influencing Congress? No way! Thats the first I've heard of this.
Many of the existing ones need renovation.

I see you are fine with the damage to the town because of Norfolk Southern's influence on Congress. I thought capitalism was a universal fix?

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Citing "safety issues". Unsure if that's referring to their poison or the likely danger from the citizens when they show up.
Can it be both? Residents are irate and only becoming more pissed as more info is released about what/how it led to this disaster.

Can't say I'd feel differently; I'd want to be nailing NS to a wall as well if they fucked up my town (and entire region?) like this.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Many of the existing ones need renovation.

I see you are fine with the damage to the town because of Norfolk Southern's influence on Congress. I thought capitalism was a universal fix?

Excuse me? You conclusion is asinine.

Just because I recognize influence peddling has been a fixture for over 200 years in Congress does not mean I am fine with this. It could happen anywhere even in your neighborhood.

Like I said before I want clean air and water just like everyone else and those responsible should be held to account.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Just because I recognize influence peddling has been a fixture for over 200 years in Congress does not mean I am fine with this. It could happen anywhere even in your neighborhood.

Like I said before I want clean air and water just like everyone else and those responsible should be held to account.
that's fair

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

So you agree that regulatory agencies like the EPA need good people and strong enforcement mechanisms to accomplish their mission, as congress intended them to, right?

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
So you agree that regulatory agencies like the EPA need good people and strong enforcement mechanisms to accomplish their mission, as congress intended them to, right?

That's Communism! Free markets will regulate themselves!

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
The disinformation is becoming part of the story:

Odd how people are quick to blame government (and now I’m hearing it’s sabotage due to labor disputes) rather than blame corporate policies designed to trim costs and reward shareholders.

“Safety is our fourth priority”.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I think you will discover "free markets" are responsible for this crash.

Free markets are there to make a buck not protect the public.

Yeah, I was just playing. *shifty eyes*

No but really though I believe in protecting the environment. Our health is not for sale. :)