Train Derailment East Palestine Ohio - news blackout?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
A world with clean air and clean water? Of course.
Not as evidenced by your voting record and the no regulation politicians you support here.

We’ll just chalk this thread up as you lying again.

You can always start telling the truth anytime.

Reactions: Pohemi

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Not as evidenced by your voting record and the no regulation politicians you support here.

We’ll just chalk this thread up as you lying again.

You can always start telling the truth anytime.

Poppycock. I think you are lying in that you know over regulation accomplishes nothing. Therefore, lets have regs in place that make sense.

I will drink to that.

• Haha

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Poppycock. I think you are lying in that you know over regulation accomplishes nothing. Therefore, lets have regs in place that make sense.

I will drink to that.

Name specific environmental regulations you think don’t make sense.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Don't forget Flint. That was the Democrats.
As usual even when you try to get things right you get them half right. The Mayor of Flint was a Democrat but the water system was controlled by a state Emergency Manager that reported to no one including the Democratic mayor. That EM was appointed by the Republican Governor.

My point was how black populations are treated and you tried to march down a rabbit hole.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
As usual even when you try to get things right you get them half right. The Mayor of Flint was a Democrat but the water system was controlled by a state Emergency Manager that reported to no one including the Democratic mayor. That EM was appointed by the Republican Governor.

My point was how black populations are treated and you tried to march down a rabbit hole.

Fair enough. Let's fix this with sensible regulations.

• Haha

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Fox News just making up unadulterated bullshit. While at the gym today I saw a headline while showing the fire burning, “where is the EPA?” The subtext is they are doing nothing. It took me 1 min to confirm my suspicions of an outright lie. Article below states the EPA was onsite 24 hours after the derailment which happened Feb 3. Today is Feb 14 so their headline was once again an outright lie. They also smeared Pete Buttigieg saying he only got his job because of his intersectionality. In other words just because he is gay.

https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/st...r-debra-shore-east-palestine-train-derailment

Fox News is an evil lying organization that continues to get away with it. What can be done to stop them??

I would just declare it a hate organization or whatever bracket you have Hizbut Tahrir under and boot it from your country.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
It is rather fascinating to see how mature the alt-reality machine is. To fabricate such BS on this story so rapidly.

Sooner or later, every single news story will have a conspiracy webbed around it for partisan fuel. To mask the truth and more effectively pit American against American. A meteor could be striking the earth tomorrow and right wing media would still be entirely dedicated to owning the libs and saying some liberal cult of satan summoned it. The messengers of our information are no longer meant to inform and unite us behind a common truth and a common purpose. Instead, it appears all information is disseminated with the intent to harm and destroy us.

Sooner or later our endurance will run out.

You know they already made a movie about this.

Reactions: Jaskalas and Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
A meteor could be striking the earth tomorrow and right wing media would still be entirely dedicated to owning the libs and saying some liberal cult of satan summoned it. The messengers of our information are no longer meant to inform and unite us behind a common truth and a common purpose. Instead, it appears all information is disseminated with the intent to harm and destroy us.
You know they already made a movie about this.
I present a magical little comedy based on real life political (and general populace) idiocy. If you haven't watched it, Jaskalas, you might enjoy it. It was a Netflix production.

Reactions: Jaskalas

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I think Fox can stuff it with their disingenuous talk. As if conservatives give 2 fucks about: a) the environment, b) improving government regulation and oversight of big business, and c) people that get hurt by the actions of big businesses.
Some people might be saying that it might have something to do with Republicans push for deregulation. Some people. Did I do it right?

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Some people might be saying that it might have something to do with Republicans push for deregulation. Some people. Did I do it right?
Just gotta drop the "might be" part of the phrase, so it sounds like a vague fact instead of a possibility. ;)

Reactions: hal2kilo

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
The recently passed infrastructure law is a step to fixing things like this. Did you support it or just rail against it because Biden? No pun intended.

I'm afraid the infrastructure law was filled with too much pork to be worth much of anything other than a caboose load of spending.

😕