Time to corral the MAGAts.(Paul Pelosi attack)

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Right, but if nothing is done to address the problem, it's just going to happen again. Don't be surprised when we have another thread/link in this thread of the same damned thing.
This is one of the biggest problems. When someone tries to assassinate the speaker of the house of course you can say they are crazy as sane people would not be attempting to assassinate the speaker in America. I think everyone here would agree though that mentally unbalanced people are more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and lies though, and it's very clear this guy bought into the blizzard of lies that have come from the right since Trump got elected, and this informed his attack on the Pelosis.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Not just mentally ill. They may be easier to manipulate in some cases, but every single one of those in the 06JAN insurrection were of sound mind. Fucking stupid, but of sound mind. Humans don't need a mental condition to be duped into extremism.

I do not believe everyone in the Jan 6 Capital Building break in were insurrectionist, Stupid to be sure and should be punished. There were probably some that did want insurrection, but I think many of them were just carried away with the crowd mentality and had no intention of causing any harm.

I am not justifying the 6 Jan riot on the Capital, they should all be held accountable for their illegal actions that day.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I do not believe everyone in the Jan 6 Capital Building break in were insurrectionist, Stupid to be sure and should be punished. There were probably some that did want insurrection, but I think many of them were just carried away with the crowd mentality and had no intention of causing any harm.

I am not justifying the 6 Jan riot on the Capital, they should all be held accountable for their illegal actions that day.

I think the same could be said for many of the BLM protesters...

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Yes, I agree. I also believe that the same would apply to probably any protest. There is always a group of asshole extremist mixed in with any group.
Since guns were brought to Jan 6 I would chalk that up to way more then stupidity or an accident. Otherwise you are soft selling the insurrection

Reactions: DarthKyrie

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
At this point I'm not sure who is worse. Taj, Maxima, Brandonbull or PCGeek. At the end of the day, we get the same result.

At the end of the day it's many Republicans pushing these conspiracy theories, and their main news source, Fox, and Trump himself incited violence more than once. It goes right to the top.

Shitty folks like PCGeek who bothsides this crap are simply ignoring reality to defend their team, thus defending all the shitty stuff their team does. PCGeek will never be able to point to a systemic problem among Democrats who push for violence from many elected officials, literally up to our president nor democratic officials nor the base of the Dem party, to any mainstream media source he probably considers liberal. But he will keep pretending.

He is as dangerous as the people who do the evil shit because he is complicit in bullshitting so much in order to defeat reality and the truth, and ultimately by distorting the reality so much, he is absolving the very people he supports and votes for for their speech and actions. "It's bad he did it but I'm not going to condemn what is actually leading to these actions" Therefore there is nothing real about him considering it bad, as he defends and denies the very real reasons this shit is happening.

At this point they are all complicit shitty people.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
At this point I'm not sure who is worse. Taj, Maxima, Brandonbull or PCGeek. At the end of the day, we get the same result.

At the end of the day it's many Republicans pushing these conspiracy theories, and their main news source, Fox, and Trump himself incited violence more than once. It goes right to the top.

Shitty folks like PCGeek who bothsides this crap are simply ignoring reality to defend their team, thus defending all the shitty stuff their team does. PCGeek will never be able to point to a systemic problem among Democrats who push for violence from many elected officials, literally up to our president nor democratic officials nor the base of the Dem party, to any mainstream media source he probably considers liberal. But he will keep pretending.

He is as dangerous as the people who do the evil shit because he is complicit in bullshitting so much in order to defeat reality and the truth, and ultimately by distorting the reality so much, he is absolving the very people he supports and votes for for their speech and actions. "It's bad he did it but I'm not going to condemn what is actually leading to these actions" Therefore there is nothing real about him considering it bad, as he defends and denies the very real reasons this shit is happening.

At this point they are all complicit shitty people.
I've asked the same question when I get a response "why don't youo condemn Biden, Pelosi, Schumer" et al
My response is link to ONE instance when a Democrat leader called for physical violence. Their response is always "there is evidence but I'm not doing your research for you"

In other words, they are outright lying trying to bothsides violence, but they have no evidence of any Democratic leader promoting it

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
I've asked the same question when I get a response "why don't youo condemn Biden, Pelosi, Schumer" et al
My response is link to ONE instance when a Democrat leader called for physical violence. Their response is always "there is evidence but I'm not doing your research for you"

In other words, they are outright lying trying to bothsides violence, but they have no evidence of any Democratic leader promoting it
Yeah political pundits using Schumer whirlwind comment after leaked Dobbs ruling as the libs calling for violence

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

And what you just admitted is that “normal” people can be radicalized to do irrational things from exposure to extreme rhetoric.

Now maybe you’ll add two and two and realize every “sane” person on the right should be doing everything in their power to condemn and tamp down on such rhetoric. But we aren’t seeing that, are we?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

Rep. Maxine Waters-“Let’s make sure we show up wherever we have to show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out, and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere,” Waters said.

In 2019, when Trump was considering declaring a “national emergency” over the then-gov’t shutdown, Rep. @JoaquinCastrotx said if he did, Democrats would “fight him … in the streets”

@SenatorTester said that in order to take on Trump, you have to “punch him in the face”

@SpeakerPelosi, speaking at yesterday’s National Governors Association meeting, described her approach to politics: "I just came from mass, but nonetheless, when you’re in the arena, you have to be ready to take a punch & throw a punch." "For the children,” she added.

But it was outside the home of Justice Brett Kavanaugh that a man was arrested in the early hours of Wednesday morning. The 26-year old had traveled from California and has admitted that he hoped to kill Kavanaugh. Among other things the man told officers that he was upset about the leaked draft of a Supreme Court judgement on Roe v Wade.

what was it that Senator Chuck Schumer said a couple of years back at a pro-abortion rally? “I want to tell you Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward.”

Just to name a few.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
How many times have you said "well that stinks!" But there wasn't actually a smell?

Or took a punch to the gut... Over a text?

Or took one on the chin?

Or had a punchers chance at something that didn't involve punching?

Or sucked ass without getting near an ass let alone sucking it?

Or broke a leg on stage?

Guess those second amendment people could do something about that.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Someone clearly can't tell the different between *COMMON* figure of speeches and gaslighting violence.

But pot calling the angst black or something.
hey, fisks of truth are quite dangerous, don'tcha know!!
(if anyone recalls NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch...)

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
An attack on elected officials is a direct attack on democracy. Whether you like it or not US citizens voted for and got their official elected to an government office. If you're not going to respect that process then democracy is dead. If you're not going to condemn violence against elected government officials then democracy is dead. What we are seeing is a pattern of violence against elected democrat officials. At this point a vote for an R is a vote for the end of democracy. It's time to take a stand and draw a line in the sand.