The Defective Conservative Brain; It's Evolution Stupid.

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
As a liberal who has done a lot of honest soul searching, I an very hesitant to trust my capacity to be honest about anything. And since that same honesty resulted long ago in the death of all my most sacred and cherished beliefs and exposed me to what I assumed was going to be interminable suffering, I have come to the conclusion that defective as my honesty may be the price I paid for it has created for me some sense of personal value. You will forgive me then, I hope, when I tell you that your notion that what I did was to weaken my stance by dishonesty is the product of your need to find a rationalization to deflect the truth of what I really said.

No, your dishonesty is designed to place you in a superior position. Just like your fake European vacation was designed to make people envy you.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
So says the person who accused me of being a misanthropist even though you know absolutely nothing about me.
I know your comments,.. just like you know mine,... oh, wait -that's right! Only YOU can pass judgement of me based on my comments! I am soooo sorry sir.

Please show where I called for a ban or tried to shut you down.

Apparently you're threatened as you make false claims and throw up boogiestrawmen to support your arguments.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=36533152&postcount=20

I took your "imaginary vacation" comment as asking for a ban. Let me guess,.. wha, wha ah do?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
No, your dishonesty is designed to place you in a superior position. Just like your fake European vacation was designed to make people envy you.

Of all the childish things that go on in this forum, your obsession with Moonbeam's vacation ranks right up there at the top.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Of all the childish things that go on in this forum, your obsession with Moonbeam's vacation ranks right up there at the top.

What vacation? Why would anyone stop during the middle of a event of great importance during their to make a post of no consequence in this forum? Had he made a post about the event that would be one thing but no he made yet another BS brain defect post.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

I will take that as an admission that you know you are wrong on both counts. I read you as carefully as I can and you just jumped all over the OP for accusations he made against you without any personal knowledge. I know you are way way to intelligent to turn around 5 minutes later and do that to me. And don't forget either, that I am so convinced of my supeority by having a friend like LunarRay who tells me how wonderful I am, that I have completely lost any interest in further ego contest. I have declared myself a winner like the joke about the mailman who rests at his case knowing he's a man of letters.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
What vacation? Why would anyone stop during the middle of a event of great importance during their to make a post of no consequence in this forum? Had he made a post about the event that would be one thing but no he made yet another BS brain defect post.

Do you believe my post to DSF that I spend my days back from Europe shoveling rat shit and that I'e breathed so much rat shit dust my nose twitches and I can smell cheese a mile away?

Oh and by the way, I canceled a flight and paid for two hotels to the tune of almost 2000 dollars to make that important event but did it occur to you that it wasn't me it was important to, but the person I took to it? And where would you get the idea that I might want to make people envious? I am a nobody whose previous vacation was in 1995. Who would envy the fact that once in a life I spent 5000 pounds renting a Mercedes convertible. Oh wait, I envied myself for that.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
It's called adapting, or rather, working with the people and world around us to get by - progressive if you will,..

However, when we come across a certain type that refuses to change,.. well,.. you get threads like this,...
Interesting that you think-

Sorry, that was cruel.

Interesting that you feel that those who adapt to the world and quietly earn their own way are the ones who refuse to change, whereas the people who squeal "Government! You must help me, for the world is unfair and I cannot make it on my own!" are the ones who are adapting. Is a stronger grip on Uncle Sugar's third teat really an adaptation to be admired?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Sorry, that was cruel.

Interesting that you feel that those who adapt to the world and quietly earn their own way are the ones who refuse to change, whereas the people who squeal "Government! You must help me, for the world is unfair and I cannot make it on my own!" are the ones who are adapting. Is a stronger grip on Uncle Sugar's third teat really an adaptation to be admired?

Have you considered science fiction as a profession? You show an aptitude for imaginative invention.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014

Sorry, that was cruel.

Uncle Sugar's third teat,... uhm... you mean like a bail out? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Economic_Stabilization_Act_of_2008

,... for people who "know" investments, the economy and what not?

Oh, wait - I totally forgot; the enemy to the conservative mind is the one asking for a sandwich from the government,.. yet the one demanding $700 billion for the mess they made, is perfectly OK.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Have you considered science fiction as a profession? You show an aptitude for imaginative invention.
I do, don't I?

Uncle Sugar's third teat,... uhm... you mean like a bail out? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Economic_Stabilization_Act_of_2008

Oh, wait - I totally forgot; the enemy to the conservative mind is the one asking for a sandwich from the government,.. yet the one demanding $700 billion for the mess they made, is perfectly OK.
WTF? Both are demanding a government hand-out, and obviously my sympathy is with the guy asking for a sandwich. That doesn't change the fact that the left is demanding government assistance with virtually every facet of life.

Just for the record (which is supported by my posts at the time) my problems with the bankers' bailout is principally how it was done. I think if institutions are truly too big to fail then rescuing them should be immediately followed by breaking them into chunks that aren't too big to fail. Instead we allowed them to get even bigger using tax money. I also think these should have been structured bankruptcies; too big to fail should not mean too big to miss our projected and contractually obligated bonuses, not if the company is being saved with taxpayers' dollars. And no, this isn't a rant against Obama; the Pubbies were mostly right on board. You might notice however that those receiving millions in government largesse were and generally are some of Obama's biggest supporters.

That said, "they got a bailout so I deserve free tuition" is not an argument I find compelling.

Nov 25, 2013
Answer the question. Are they inferior?

He has answered the question which was:

"dank, do you also believe that conservatives are defective? An inferior "race" if you will?"

He previously stated that he did not think them inferior and here he stated that, yes, he believed they were defective. What more is there to answer?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

You mean the bailout that Republicans initially rejected 2-1?

That same day, the legislation for the bailout was put before the United States House of Representatives and failed 205–228, with one not voting. Democrats voted 140–95 in favor of the legislation, while Republicans voted 133–65 against it

Seems to me like it is more liberals that like bail outs.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

"dank, do you also believe that conservatives are defective? An inferior "race" if you will?"

He previously stated that he did not think them inferior and here he stated that, yes, he believed they were defective. What more is there to answer?

Perhaps he could explain how something defective is not inherently inferior?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I'm trying to find out if "liberals" believe that "conservatives" are gentically inferior, in the same vein as white supremacists believe non-whites are genetically inferior.

It just amuses me to watch the "liberals" around here continually out themselves as bigots.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

Defective but not inferior seems an awful lot like Jim Crow. They are just as good as you and I, but for their own good we have to keep them away from dangers like good jobs and education.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Well, it's not like you have any expectation or right to speak freely on an internet forum. The people who host and moderate this, or any other forum, are free to decide what kind of content is allowed on their servers.

Don't like it? Post somewhere else I guess.

I'm pretty moderate myself. I used to call myself a conservative but man, 8 years of the Bush administration sure opened my eyes to how fucked up that party is and how little they actually represent me.

It's not you that should change or no longer consider yourself conservative because of Bush The Younger. The GOP hasn't represented true conservatives for quite some time.

Either the GOP needs to change or a 3rd party will hopefully emerge that represents real conservatives.

For example and IMO, a true conservative would not be in favor of the government restricting gay marriage since a core conservative value is that the government should stay as much as possible out of the lives of consenting law abiding adults.

Why the R's continue to shoot themselves in the foot nationally by pandering to the religious right and social conservatives is beyond me and foolish strategery IMO. It's not like those groups would have voted for Obama anyway, they were in the bag and needed no pandering that I am aware of. But all the candidates seemingly doubled down on doing just that, trying to out do one another. Once one starts on that path and is improving in the poles I guess it's inevitable the rest will follow. Then the resulting sound bites hurt them nationally with the moderates, swing voters, and undecided.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
For example and IMO, a true conservative would not be in favor of the government restricting gay marriage since a core conservative value is that the government should stay as much as possible out of the lives of consenting law abiding adults.

Keep the government out of my special government recognized relationship!!!!! :mad:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
It's not you that should change or no longer consider yourself conservative because of Bush The Younger. The GOP hasn't represented true conservatives for quite some time.

Either the GOP needs to change or a 3rd party will hopefully emerge that represents real conservatives.

Why the R's continue to shoot themselves in the foot nationally by pandering to the religious right and social conservatives is beyond me and foolish strategery IMO. It's not like those groups would have voted for Obama anyway, they were in the bag and needed no pandering that I am aware of. But all the candidates seemingly doubled down on doing just that, trying to out do one another. Once one starts on that path and is improving in the poles I guess it's inevitable the rest will follow. Then the resulting sound bites hurt them nationally with the moderates, swing voters, and undecided.

What he said.

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
This is the Libertarian Party.

Most Republicans won't go there.

Neither will the Democrats.

The Republicans and Democrats both want to wield power, in different ways.

Perception:
Republicans: Socially Conservative, Fiscally Conservative
Democrats: Socially Liberal, Fiscally Liberal

The Libertarian Party is the only party for freedom.

Libertarian: Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative.

-John

Last edited:

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
Oh, and to answer the Religious question,

The vast majority of Democrat voters are so dumb, they believe in Religion.

-John

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm trying to find out if "liberals" believe that "conservatives" are gentically inferior, in the same vein as white supremacists believe non-whites are genetically inferior.

It just amuses me to watch the "liberals" around here continually out themselves as bigots.

It depends on the situation. Blacks are genetically inferior to white people in low light cold northern latitudes and whites are genetically inferior around the equator. Conservatives are superior in tribal settings where there is resource competition and warfare and liberals are superior in a global metroplex. Defensive people with hidden inferiority complexes seem to have trouble noticing that what is a defect and what an advantage always depends on context. We acknowledge the existence of this condition by describing folk as having chip on their shoulders.

Nov 25, 2013
Oh, and to answer the Religious question,

The vast majority of Democrat voters are so dumb, they believe in Religion.

-John

Apparently not:

"Republicans got God.

A new poll suggests they are much more likely to go to church than Democrats.

A Gallup Poll shows that 40% of Republicans say they attend church weekly.

Twenty-one percent say they attend nearly weekly or monthly, and 38% say they seldom or rarely go to church.

Compare that to only 27% of Democrats who say they go to church every week, 20% who say they go monthly and 52% of Democrats who say they seldom or never go to church.

These polls also show that Democrats are less religious than the average American, and Republicans are more religious.

Consider this: Almost one in five Democrats identify with no religious faith compared to only one in 10 Republicans who feel that way."

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2...s-more-likely-than-democrats-to-go-to-church/

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
That's all fine and Dandy, but it's against the progressive democrats ideal for anyone to go to Church, or be Religious.

My point was there are a billion, stupid, Religious, Democrats.

-John