The Defective Conservative Brain; It's Evolution Stupid.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/07/biology-ideology-john-hibbing-negativity-bias

"is that a strong negativity bias was extremely useful in the Pleistocene," when it would have been super-helpful in preventing you from getting killed.

This is truly a defect; much like an alarm that won't stop screaming. Or, more like an alarm that is constantly triggered, regardless of the real and actual severity of the situation.

We no longer live in a time where death is around every tree corner.

Of course there are criminals, killers and flat out evil people. But, there is no longer (for the most part) the threat of some beast charging at you and eating you in front of your family. That is, again for the most part, long gone.

Yet, this mechanism that was very useful in the past - and ensured the conservative lived on to herp-a-derp in modern civilized society - has become annoying and yes, quite dangerous.

In regards to annoying:
- Constant lies about dangers that really don't exist; like the ACA Death Panels.
- Manipulating facts and science to ensure their "safety" is not compromised; like dismissing Climate Change proof, to prevent their habits of destroying the environment (which makes them lots of $$$) from being stopped by the government. On that note,...
- Constant "warnings" about the government taking over personal choices; specifically how you live your life,.. yet, they are perfectly OK with the government enforcing how you life your life to the conservative's standards. They do this, because they have clearly stated things like homosexuality is a danger and an assault on their own beliefs and views.
- Viewing pregnancy as entrapment of some sorts; like cooking up stories of a woman raping a boy, getting pregnant by the boy, she then goes to prison, delivers the baby and then the boy is forced to pay child support. And, this story was created, to "prove" that there is some sort of war on men.

In regards to dangerous:
- All of the above can and may manifest into other problems. Like people not signing up for ACA, which results in not getting the proper medical attention and then suffering a painful death. Now, if a conservative him/herself meets this fate - well, as per their ideology - they chose this. But, what about the person who just doesn't know any better? And is being fed false information about something that is NOT dangerous? The conservative who is screaming about the above problems has frightened this person and may in fact be responsible for their harming and death. But, again, this is of no concern of a broken alarm that won't stop blaring,... it will just blare on.

- Gunning people down who the conservative has deemed dangerous, simply based on their appearances and simple actions:
* dark skin
* wearing a hoodie
* knocking on a door (looking for some help)
* playing loud music
* eating skittles
For one, there is the loss of life, of the person who was viewed as a threat by the conservative. Then, you have the conservative him/herself, who is then arrested and imprisoned. Possibly even executed if found guilty of murder, when all they were really doing was reacting to what they view as a danger.

This mechanism is defective. It does not belong in today's world.

What will happen is that the conservative will die out - since, as per the laws of evolution, useless things don't live very long.

Plus, we have become a global community. Sure, that sounds pretty liberal douche bag commie pinko bullshit herp-a-derp; but, it is the truth. And, a blaring, screaming and false alarm has no place in a world that is trying to work, live and be happy with each other.

Enjoy your last days,... they are numbered, and the end is in sight.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Congratulations, you've mind melded with Moonbeam.

Congratulations - you've proven my point by dismissing actual science - since it proves you are defective, and you view that as a threat.

Please, don't gun me down,.. it's only science.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Hmmmmm Liberals must have the Conservative Brain Defect as they fear Conservatives and all things Conservative.

We just want the alarms to be turned off.

:)

Oh, and thanks for bring up the whole; "you are oppressing me, by not allow me to oppress you" point as well... I can't believe I forgot that one,...

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Another similarity; Fox News.

Constantly screaming and flashing sirens when "news" is being reported by that station.

You guys really love flashing lights, don't you?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Another similarity; Fox News.

Constantly screaming and flashing sirens when "news" is being reported by that station.

You guys really love flashing lights, don't you?

How would you know this without watching Fox News? Time to get your brain checked out. I think it is full of Newell Steamer.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=51327

From the article:

- Conservatives have no courage, which means all the courageous soldiers in the world are progressives. Those war mongering, baby killers!

-Conservatives have larger amygdalas which accounts for their fear of terrorism. But the fear of global catastrophic weather, acid rain, DDT, freon, the Zeitgeist, inside jobs, the patriot act, carbon dioxide, sugar, salt, Wal-Mart, alar, non-unions, prayer in school, SUV’s, guns, cul-de-sacs, pesticides, the white nuclear family, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, black conservatives, job performance testing, David Horowitz lecture tours, Fox News, drawing Mohammad etc. remains a mystery to researchers.

-conservatives like to plan based on the worst-case scenario, while liberals tend towards rosier outlooks which is a fancy way of saying that conservatives are more responsible for their actions, while liberals do not care about, nor try to foresee, the consequences of their dumbass theories.

Last edited:

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
How would you know this without watching Fox News? Time to get your brain checked out. I think it is full of Newell Steamer.

Because I have watched Fox News - duh.

I was then disgusted by the sensationalism of how they presented things and don't go back. Unless they really caused a stink about something and I view a clip of the offending offending-ness.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Did you bother looking through the sight you linked??
I sure did, but I can tell you didn't. I've mentioned before that you need to let the meds kick in before posting in the morning. You're off the wall the majority of the time but early in the AM, you're as far from thinking rationally as one could get.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
I've never understood the liberals irrational fear of conservatives or all things conservative. Maybe someone should do a study to determine why liberals have such fears. Or maybe, just maybe they use the Conservative Brain Defect shtick to devert from their own issues (Brain Defects).

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
I sure did, but I can tell you didn't. I've mentioned before that you need to let the meds kick in before posting in the morning. You're off the wall the majority of the time but early in the AM, you're as far from thinking rationally as one could get.

Nope. You edited what you originally posted; Last edited by boomerang; Today at 08:14 AM.

You left out a bunch of stuff originally. How,.. conservative of you.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
I've never understood the liberals irrational fear of conservatives or all things conservative. Maybe someone should do a study to determine why liberals have such fears. Or maybe, just maybe they use the Conservative Brain Defect shtick to devert from their own issues (Brain Defects).

We already covered this - it is cute of you to just flip the tables. I'm not racist, you are racist for not allowing me to be racist. Etc. etc.

Liberals are not perfect, I will be the 1st to admit this.

But, we aren't screaming and gunning people down for knocking on our doors - or cheering such things on.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Nope. You edited what you originally posted; Last edited by boomerang; Today at 08:14 AM.

You left out a bunch of stuff originally. How,.. conservative of you.
Yes, I did edit it because I knew that dumb asses like yourself would not read anything other than what I put in the post. You ask me whether I had read it, when you yourself had not read it. You're such an ignorant fuck.

I originally posted that information here in 2010. http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=30993038&postcount=9
http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=30993038&postcount=9

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Yes, I did edit it because I knew that dumb asses like yourself would not read anything other than what I put in the post. You ask me whether I had read it, when you yourself had not read it. You're such an ignorant fuck.

I originally posted that information here in 2010. http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=30993038&postcount=9
http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=30993038&postcount=9

Ah, yes, I am at fault, for the information YOU held back on and what point you were making.

Wow, you are quite like Stewart, or whatever your lunatic at arms friend is called. It's not may fault!! The post changed!!

Chill out. Your sensationalism / alarmist buffoonery is pretty sad.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
We already covered this - it is cute of you to just flip the tables. I'm not racist, you are racist for not allowing me to be racist. Etc. etc.

Liberals are not perfect, I will be the 1st to admit this.

But, we aren't screaming and gunning people down for knocking on our doors - or cheering such things on.

Nor are most conservative leaning members in this forum.

Face it you're nothing but an internet troll that has made this forum your new home.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Just to be clear, you LIED Boomerang.

You posted this;
Originally Posted by boomerang View Post
http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=51327

A brief summation of the fears associated with the leftist/progressive brain are below.

You originally associated the 'fears' with liberals. NOT conservatives. See my initial quote. It has not been edited.

Then, you edited your posting, to make it look like you were posting about conservatives.

Wow,.. I thought you were better than this,.. you are just like the rest of them. Like nephalim.

You should be ashamed.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
No, you're not. You're trolling the forum like you always do.

Maybe you need to take an imaginary vacation (wink, wink)

I posted the link. I stated my observations.

You guys are getting all crazy over this.

Boomerang even lied about one of his replies. He tried to provide "proof" about how leftist/progressives are actually alarmist, and the went back to edit his post, because he didn't even read the link he posted....

Why are you so offended by science and a conversation about science?

None of your replies provide counter proof to the points made; conservatives are sensationalist alarmists.

Instead, insults and "well, you are one actually" replies are posted.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
BTW, nothing is stopping ANYONE from posting a scientific study on the defects of liberals.

Liberals are rarely taken seriously, because they are seen as flakes. And irresponsible.

Liberals are dreamers. They aren't rooted in reality. Etc. etc.

But, they are JUST observations. No science backing to them - that I know of. So, find it and post about it.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
even the left spinning mother johns people couldn't leave out these 'facts':

Actually, if anything, the research suggests that liberals may be the more neurotic bunch.

and

Indeed, conservatives tend to have a high degree of happiness and life satisfaction. But Hibbing and colleagues find no contradiction here. Instead, they paraphrase two other scholarly commentators (Matt Motyl of the University of Virginia and Ravi Iyer of the University of Southern California), who note that "successfully monitoring and attending negative features of the environment, as conservatives tend to do, may be just the sort of tractable task…that is more likely to lead to a fulfilling and happy life than is a constant search for new experience after new experience

probably explains why the left is always so angry and hate filled.

Also, the word defect, does not appear in the article. so misleading title op.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Also, the word defect, does not appear in the article. so misleading title op.

I proved:
1) The alarmist attitude of conservatives is from a time that no longer exists - so, it is not necessary. The link spells it all out.

2) What is not necessary, is not needed. And, if it continues doing it's thing, when it should not, it is defective.

You people have a brain problem - it acts in a manner it should not.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
In regards to annoying:
- Constant lies about dangers that really don't exist; like the ACA Death Panels.

Like *shrill voice* RAPE CULTURE!!!!!!!!!

- Manipulating facts and science to ensure their "safety" is not compromised; like dismissing Climate Change proof, to prevent their habits of destroying the environment (which makes them lots of $$$) from being stopped by the government. On that note,...
- Constant "warnings" about the government taking over personal choices; specifically how you live your life,.. yet, they are perfectly OK with the government enforcing how you life your life to the conservative's standards. They do this, because they have clearly stated things like homosexuality is a danger and an assault on their own beliefs and views.

Funny the WHO recently suggested that all male homosexuals start taking anti-HIV drugs, because HIV is so rampant in that community.

- Viewing pregnancy as entrapment of some sorts; like cooking up stories of a woman raping a boy, getting pregnant by the boy, she then goes to prison, delivers the baby and then the boy is forced to pay child support. And, this story was created, to "prove" that there is some sort of war on men.

Pretty sure that liberals view pregnancy as much more of entrapment than conservatives. Which is why they are so obsessed with the need to rid themselves of the pregnancy as quickly as possible. Wouldn't want to miss a weekend of binge drinking and slutting it up.