The Defective Conservative Brain; It's Evolution Stupid.

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You are just upset because Moonbeam showed you how it was your mind that thinks black people = tribal and not his.

You're so simple, it's just adorable.

If Moonie (and others) believe that genetics determine the capability to function within society, then isn't it possible that other groups related genetically may share traits not limited strictly to physical appearance?

This has nothing to do with what I think, Moonie and the OP are essentially arguing in favor of The Bell Curve, hence my assertion that it should be equally possible that a racial group may be less suited to living in modern society.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You're so simple, it's just adorable.

If Moonie (and others) believe that genetics determine the capability to function within society, then isn't it possible that other groups related genetically may share traits not limited strictly to physical appearance?

This has nothing to do with what I think, Moonie and the OP are essentially arguing in favor of The Bell Curve, hence my assertion that it should be equally possible that a racial group may be less suited to living in modern society.

If you had been reading what I've said you might have seen that I personally do not buy into the genetics thingi, that I believe an enlarged amygdala, etc. is a result of one response to childhood trauma, like Stockholm syndrome. I believe the increase and shrinkage reported in the two opposite portions of the brain that show up in comparing liberal with conservative brains is more likely the result of habitual stimulation or underuse rather than genetically determined. I believe the over or underuse is unconsciously motivated.

PS, I find myself having to constantly correct the assumptions you make about my thinking and I think it's because you continue to throw up your unexamined assumptions about what a liberal like me really is. I am neither left or right in my opinion, but both at the same time. I believe that opposites resolve at a higher level of understanding.

Last edited: