The Defective Conservative Brain; It's Evolution Stupid.

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I know you're joking but apparently other people don't. The idea that we could isolate holding certain political opinions down to a genetic or biological basis is of course, absurd. A broad correlation between a physiological component and a generalized outlook is of course vastly different (edit:) than say the obvious genetic component of race or gender.

That's a convenient answer based on your personal political goals. We divide people up politically all the time based on flimsy biological similarities. Religion has no more basis in genetics than political affiliation, yet it gets protected status. Unless you're prepared to say that being fired for your religious beliefs is acceptable, then you have to be willing to say that being fired for your political beliefs is equally wrong. Given the broad support among "liberals" for the harassment of the Mozilla CEO, there's a glaring double standard at work.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
He did the same thing you're trying to get away. But, but, but boomerang did it.

More like you are pretending to be a champion of truth and honesty, but its:
- huh?
- wha?
- wha u talkin bout?
- wha, wha he do?

Police your own before you try to come after someone else.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Well, you find extremists in all groups... what are you gonna do? :colbert:

Depends. If it's a right wing extremist, their threads are locked and the user banned. If it's a left wing extremist, it gets a wink and nod from the other left wingers who agree but are afraid to do so because they want to maintain their image of being "centrist" rather than a left wing extremist.

I find that's one of the big difference between "right" and "left". The right wing hates vocally and will stab you in your face, but the left hates quietly and tries to blame the knife in your back on someone else.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
More like you are pretending to be a champion of truth and honesty, but its:
- huh?
- wha?
- wha u talkin bout?
- wha, wha he do?

Police your own before you try to come after someone else.

LMAO!!! Always trying to divert/be the victim. Stop being dishonest and I'll stop calling your BS out.

PS I'm a moderate so boomerang is not one of my own.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Depends. If it's a right wing extremist, their threads are locked and the user banned. If it's a left wing extremist, it gets a wink and nod from the other left wingers who agree but are afraid to do so because they want to maintain their image of being "centrist" rather than a left wing extremist.

I find that's one of the big difference between "right" and "left". The right wing hates vocally and will stab you in your face, but the left hates quietly and tries to blame the knife in your back on someone else.

Well, it's not like you have any expectation or right to speak freely on an internet forum. The people who host and moderate this, or any other forum, are free to decide what kind of content is allowed on their servers.

Don't like it? Post somewhere else I guess.

I'm pretty moderate myself. I used to call myself a conservative but man, 8 years of the Bush administration sure opened my eyes to how fucked up that party is and how little they actually represent me.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008

True. I just view it as the left is really all about being weak and having to cheat or cut in line to get by. Like affirmative action for dummies. They require their hive-minded circle-jerks to validate each other. Wrong or right, conservatives place a much higher value in independance.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011

Yep.

There is definitely a passive aggressiveness in play with the left. The right tend to be more direct.

I'm pretty moderate myself. I used to call myself a conservative but man, 8 years of the Bush administration sure opened my eyes to how fucked up that party is and how little they actually represent me.

I'm still conservative after Bush. Didn't even have to switch parties from his either. ;)

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
True. I just view it as the left is really all about being weak and having to cheat or cut in line to get by. Like affirmative action for dummies. They require their hive-minded circle-jerks to validate each other. Wrong or right, conservatives place a much higher value in independance.

I'm not sure how any of what you just said had to do with what I said.

A large number of conservatives value independence of action, but they're as dependent or possibly more dependent on others for thought than liberals. The term "Ditto Head" was quite apropos.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
A large number of conservatives value independence of action, but they're as dependent or possibly more dependent on others for thought than liberals.
Some? Sure. The majority, the way the majority of liberals require circle-jerk dependence? No. Not even close.

Jaepheth

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2006
837683_1310680_lz.jpg

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
If a righty on here posted this nonsense, all the resident lefty wingnuts here would call them a troll.

The silence from them when their nutter semi alt account goes off the rails, speaks volumes.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Well, it's not like you have any expectation or right to speak freely on an internet forum. The people who host and moderate this, or any other forum, are free to decide what kind of content is allowed on their servers.

Don't like it? Post somewhere else I guess.

+1

:cool:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

Conservatives are the hive mind.

You haven't figured this one out yet?

I should say GOP, I'm still pretty heavily conservative and TB's are nut cases.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
:whiste:
When you find a study that actually calls this difference a defect we can talk.

until then, troll on.

You suffer from a brain configuration in which one part of your brain that deals with fear reactions is enlarged, and another part that allows for the moderation of fear on rational thinking is underdeveloped compared to liberal brains. This beans that you will tell yourself that you would be able to discuss these facts rationally if properly presented is ways that do not provoke that fearful irrationality, but if fact that won't happen. You will always react to the truth about your condition as if it were being told you have a brain defect. It is the reality of this very reaction that you will deny so for the sake of expedience let's skip over the pretext and call it as you are going to feel it anyway. You came into the thread with the feeling you are defective. It is one of your basic unconscious fears and one your whole psyche is set up to deny. You ate stuck in this invisible prison. You are irrational and project that irrationality out there, anywhere and everywhere, endlessly, but at its source because you can't deal with truth that is unpleasant to your ego.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
:whiste:

You suffer from a brain configuration in which one part of your brain that deals with fear reactions is enlarged, and another part that allows for the moderation of fear on rational thinking is underdeveloped compared to liberal brains. This beans that you will tell yourself that you would be able to discuss these facts rationally if properly presented is ways that do not provoke that fearful irrationality, but if fact that won't happen. You will always react to the truth about your condition as if it were being told you have a brain defect. It is the reality of this very reaction that you will deny so for the sake of expedience let's skip over the pretext and call it as you are going to feel it anyway. You came into the thread with the feeling you are defective. It is one of your basic unconscious fears and one your whole psyche is set up to deny. You ate stuck in this invisible prison. You are irrational and project that irrationality out there, anywhere and everywhere, endlessly, but at its source because you can't deal with truth that is unpleasant to your ego.

You got the gibberish part right.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
If a righty on here posted this nonsense, all the resident lefty wingnuts here would call them a troll.

The silence from them when their nutter semi alt account goes off the rails, speaks volumes.

The left is generally of the opinion that you are stupid and could, with great reason and logic, be shown that fact. They don't want to wade into a conversation where the ineffectuality of those qualities is front and center. It's all they have to address you with. The facts for them are equally unpleasant. Their contempt for what they see in you as your utter imbecility is, rather, a mental condition they are not equipped to treat. That means that all their capacity to see real and rational dangers that actually make sense to worry about, like the conservative madness of climate denial to name one you can't appreciate, are in fact totally wasted on you. They are rendered helpless in the face of your brain defect, just as evidenced by this thread.

There is nothing for them to do with all their contempt for your stupidity as they see it. It's not appropriate. It's not your fault you are defective. There is no escaping the madness your brain types visit on our mutually inhabited world.
We are your prisoners and victims and there is only one appropriate action to take, to love you. It's a hard road we conscious liberals have to hoe.

We have to find a cure for your brain defect as we deal our own own natural feelings of hopelessness that your defect generates. We want to condemn you for the irrationality of your fears while not addressing the inappropriateness of that response. We have to find a mature response to the hopelessness of this undertaking. There is only love and we are all so full of anger.