The Defective Conservative Brain; It's Evolution Stupid.

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
These stupid, religious, democrats are also welfare recipients, and soon will become America's largest voting block.

-John

Nov 25, 2013
That's all fine and Dandy, but it's against the progressive democrats ideal for anyone to go to Church, or be Religious.

My point was there are a billion, stupid, Religious, Democrats.

-John

and, as the information I posted indicates, your point is wrong.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Oh, and to answer the Religious question,

The vast majority of Democrat voters are so dumb, they believe in Religion.

-John

Apparently not:

"Republicans got God.

A new poll suggests they are much more likely to go to church than Democrats.

A Gallup Poll shows that 40% of Republicans say they attend church weekly.

Twenty-one percent say they attend nearly weekly or monthly, and 38% say they seldom or rarely go to church.

Compare that to only 27% of Democrats who say they go to church every week, 20% who say they go monthly and 52% of Democrats who say they seldom or never go to church.

These polls also show that Democrats are less religious than the average American, and Republicans are more religious.

Consider this: Almost one in five Democrats identify with no religious faith compared to only one in 10 Republicans who feel that way."

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2...s-more-likely-than-democrats-to-go-to-church/

so 80% of democrats believing in religion is not a vast majority?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Apparently not:

"Republicans got God.

A new poll suggests they are much more likely to go to church than Democrats.

A Gallup Poll shows that 40% of Republicans say they attend church weekly.

Twenty-one percent say they attend nearly weekly or monthly, and 38% say they seldom or rarely go to church.

Compare that to only 27% of Democrats who say they go to church every week, 20% who say they go monthly and 52% of Democrats who say they seldom or never go to church.

These polls also show that Democrats are less religious than the average American, and Republicans are more religious.

Consider this: Almost one in five Democrats identify with no religious faith compared to only one in 10 Republicans who feel that way."

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2...s-more-likely-than-democrats-to-go-to-church/

Consider this. "Almost one in five Democrats identify with no religious faith" means that four in five Democrats DO identify with a religious faith. That's called a majority, that is until you liberals redefine the word majority.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So we start with the scientific facts of conservative and liberal physical brain differences and the cognitive implications of those differences bases on the functions of those areas that are different and we wind up describing how stupid Democrats are because so many of them identify with this or that religion just as if one of the results of such scientific studies implied by this research would be that the information would cause conservatives such angst they would start to deny and deflect and that this itself would be denied by them, that these religious facts about Democrats are what is of real importance. Hehehehe It was my long long past experience with this phenomenon coupled with my understanding of projection that caused me, after careful consideration, to choose my clown avatar.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
So we start with the scientific facts of conservative and liberal physical brain differences and the cognitive implications of those differences bases on the functions of those areas that are different and we wind up describing how stupid Democrats are because so many of them identify with this or that religion just as if one of the results of such scientific studies implied by this research would be that the information would cause conservatives such angst they would start to deny and deflect and that this itself would be denied by them, that these religious facts about Democrats are what is of real importance. Hehehehe It was my long long past experience with this phenomenon coupled with my understanding of projection that caused me, after careful consideration, to choose my clown avatar.

Bullshit. People switch political affiliation all the time and I am sure it's not because their brains are transforming.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

After all, we are all bozos on this bus. ;)

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It depends on the situation. Blacks are genetically inferior to white people in low light cold northern latitudes and whites are genetically inferior around the equator. Conservatives are superior in tribal settings where there is resource competition and warfare and liberals are superior in a global metroplex. Defensive people with hidden inferiority complexes seem to have trouble noticing that what is a defect and what an advantage always depends on context. We acknowledge the existence of this condition by describing folk as having chip on their shoulders.

So what you're saying Moonie is that it's possible black people are better in tribal situations while white people are better in civilized situations?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So what you're saying Moonie is that it's possible black people are better in tribal situations while white people are better in civilized situations?

If I were to say anything it would be that your question is evidence that you can't logically think. Skin color is an adaption to light levels as a ratio of protection vs. vitamin D production.

Fear response, fear response suppression is an adaption that depends on the ration between the quantity of threats that are successfully countered by speed vs. calculation, the ratio of how often one successfully leaps from the frying pan to safety or into the fire itself. A cat may catch the slow bird that darts too late from a bush but the hawk may get the quick.

I used two examples, an ancient one and one that is now evolving to indicate conditions in which threats may be frequent favoring unthinking reflexive response or intelligent emotion free threat analysis. All colors of people have been tribal and all colors are becoming more and more civilized as the tribal mentality that color (difference)matters fades. The difference is that in a tribal situation the other usually represents danger but in a civilized setting the other is a business opportunity offering mutual gain.

So even though you were horribly educated and emotionally primitive, I never write you off because your just another version of me. All your silly notions of what liberals are make you jump and bang your head. A liberal tide lifts all boats because the liberal mind is the water of life. Say that over and over. It's the nature of real medicine that it tastes like shit. ;)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Bullshit. People switch political affiliation all the time and I am sure it's not because their brains are transforming.

The conservative brain does not do uncertainty very well. Uncertainty can be really scary. For a conservative it's like living with the possibility that any minute the world may fall down. This is why you invent your fuzzy warm bubble realities. You do not actually know why people switch parties but because you are certain it can't be this or that you feel happier. This need for certainty is the source of your need to rationalize things away. Here you won't accept that you have a different kind of brain, and that how you think and who you are even down to party may be because of it. But the science, as far as is known, says otherwise. And perhaps because I have a more liberal oriented brain I think differently. I don't need to feel certain of things and can let my imagination explore many possibilities and one that occurs is that people change parties because parties change, like Conservative Republican of the past to insane Republican of today, or even that a person with a liberal brain raised among conservatives gravitates with age from indoctrination to natural inclination, etc.

But whatever the case it's sad, in my opinion, to need to be certain of things. There is so much we don't know it's better, it seems to me, to be humble and meek rather than egotistical. God knows, maybe some liberals become conservatives because they hate themselves and have an unconscious need to suffer.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
The conservative brain does not do uncertainty very well. Uncertainty can be really scary. For a conservative it's like living with the possibility that any minute the world may fall down. This is why you invent your fuzzy warm bubble realities. You do not actually know why people switch parties but because you are certain it can't be this or that you feel happier. This need for certainty is the source of your need to rationalize things away. Here you won't accept that you have a different kind of brain, and that how you think and who you are even down to party may be because of it. But the science, as far as is known, says otherwise. And perhaps because I have a more liberal oriented brain I think differently. I don't need to feel certain of things and can let my imagination explore many possibilities and one that occurs is that people change parties because parties change, like Conservative Republican of the past to insane Republican of today, or even that a person with a liberal brain raised among conservatives gravitates with age from indoctrination to natural inclination, etc.

But whatever the case it's sad, in my opinion, to need to be certain of things. There is so much we don't know it's better, it seems to me, to be humble and meek rather than egotistical. God knows, maybe some liberals become conservatives because they hate themselves and have an unconscious need to suffer.

If you believe that mumbo-jumbo, the Liberal mind suffers from sleep deprivation which can lead to all sorts of conditions including Decreased Performance and Alertness, Memory and Cognitive Impairment, stress, and most notably in your case paranoid delusions.

row

May 28, 2013
"The Defective Brain. It's A Feature Not A Bug!"

as opposed to the pseudo-intellectual emotional bowel movement presented by the op, which by the way simply showed conservatives being more attuned to the environment than the pussies, er progressives, let's take a look at how the average comrade reacts to a stressful situation. hoping in doing so to help us gain insight into the truly malformed and perverted amongst us. liberals.

On the night of July 18, 1969 a party was held on Chappaquiddick Island in which campaign volunteers called 'Boiler Room Girls' mingled.

These volunteers had worked on Robert Kennedy's campaign in 1968, so the party was a reunion. 1 of the 'Boiler Room Girls' was Kopechne.

Kennedy, a married man, and Kopechne left the party together at around 11:15 pm. Their whereabouts for the next hour are unknown.

About 12:45 that night, a local police officer parked in his car sees a dark car turn into a cemetery road and stop. He figures it's lost.

The police officer gets out of his own car & approaches, calling out. The dark car immediately speeds off at a high rate of speed.

Very drunk & in a car with a young woman who is not his wife, & with a suspended license, Kennedy doesn't want to get stopped by a cop.

Kennedy is not familiar with Chappaquiddick's roads. The thinks he's on the road to the ferry now, but he's not. He's on Dike Road.

In the dark,and likely checking his rearview to ensure the cop is not following, Kennedy does not see the road turn & the bridge coming.

Dike Road Bridge is a wooden bridge with no guardrail. Kennedy drives right off of the road. The car flips in the air.

Kennedy's Oldsmobile Delmont '88 lands on it's roof in about 6 feet of water. Kennedy immediately manages to exit the submerged car.

For the next 9+ hours, of all that followed, 1 fact is indisputable: Kennedy did not report the accident.

Kennedy leaves the scene of the accident, walking back to the cottage where the party was being held that he had left an hr & 1/2 before.

On his journey back to the cottage, Kennedy passes several houses with lights on. He makes no attempt to call for help.

Getting in a car, the 3 men return to accident scene, and make several attempts to reach Kopechne. They can't get to her.

Both men tell Kennedy it's time to report the accident, get professional help in case she's still alive. Kennedy refuses.

Instead, Kennedy begins working on an alibi, insisting he's going to tell authorities that Mary Jo was driving the car.

The other two men continue to insist the accident must be reported. Kennedy then yells out he'll report it himself, they are not to.

Kennedy then jumps into the water and swims the 300 foot channel back to Edgartown where his hotel room is.

That's 1 way to end a conversation that's going badly, I guess.

Dripping wet, Kennedy arrives back at this hotel room, changes his clothes, stands outside where he will be seen.

Kennedy makes it a point at 2:30 am to ask a passing hotel employee what time it is. He's establishing his alibi.

His story was now going to be that he wasn't in the accident at all, Mary Jo dropped him off at his hotel & left in the car on her own.

As if that wasn't enough of an alibi, Kennedy makes it a point to find the hotel owner at 2:55 am & complain a 'noisy party' woke him up.

Kennedy then goes to breakfast with friends.

At 8:00 am Gargan & Markham arrive at the hotel to discover Kennedy chatting with friends, just having finished breakfast. Gargan is furious.

He pulls Kennedy aside and lets him have it verbally. He knows Kennedy didn't report the accident like he claimed he would.

Kennedy responds by saying he was sure Mary Jo was still alive. He 'felt' this as he swam across the channel.

Again, Markham & Gargan gang up on Kennedy, insisting the accident must be reported. NOW. Kennedy finally agrees, or appears to.

They take the ferry back to Chappaquiddick & Kennedy gets inside a phone booth, ostensibly to report the accident at last.

But instead Kennedy, in the privacy of the phone booth, is calling friends and asking for advice. He still hasn't reported it.

Meanwhile, earlier that morning, as Kennedy was eating breakfast with his friends at the hotel, 2 fishermen spotted the car in the pond.

The two fishermen immediately report the accident, something Kennedy could have done hours ago.

At 8:45 am, professional diver John Farrar, who had been summoned, discovers Mary Jo's body in the car (later in sworn testimony stating that Mary Jo lived for at least two hours after the crash, eventually dying from suffocation).

Kennedy is still on the phone at the ferry landing furiously calling friends for advice when he's told the body has been found.

Senator Ted Kennedy then leaves the ferry landing & heads for the Edgartown police station to turn himself in.

He has Markham prepare a statement for him which he gives to the police. In it, he claims to have been dazed all night & not remember much.

In that statement to police, Kennedy tells several huge lies. He claims he was in shock, walked back to the party, was taken to the hotel.

He then fell asleep and did not remember anything until he woke up in the morning and heard about the accident.

He made no mention of agreeing to report the accident, swimming the channel, trying to establish an alibi, etc.

Kennedy is then released on his own recognizance. He gets on the ferry, crossing paths with the Medical Examiner coming to see Mary Jo.

7 days later, Kennedy is charged only with leaving the scene of an accident. He's given a 2 month suspended sentence.

At the press conference he did following the accident, Kennedy showed up in a neck brace, pretending to be injured.

so there you have it. the very best of progressive problem solving. ;)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
"The Defective Brain. It's A Feature Not A Bug!"

following the accident, Kennedy showed up in a neck brace, pretending to be injured.

so there you have it. the very best of progressive problem solving. ;)

It was mentioned, I believe, that conservatives are magnetized by negative events, that they want to look at the picture of the H-Bomb rather than the pretty field. They do this, it is theorized, because of their enlarged right amygdala. They do this with the result of course, as we see here, that their fears lead to demonization.

row

May 28, 2013
ok, cool. a fear of neck braces.

wonder if they make them large enough to fit over enlarged amygdala?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
If I were to say anything it would be that your question is evidence that you can't logically think. Skin color is an adaption to light levels as a ratio of protection vs. vitamin D production.

Fear response, fear response suppression is an adaption that depends on the ration between the quantity of threats that are successfully countered by speed vs. calculation, the ratio of how often one successfully leaps from the frying pan to safety or into the fire itself. A cat may catch the slow bird that darts too late from a bush but the hawk may get the quick.

I used two examples, an ancient one and one that is now evolving to indicate conditions in which threats may be frequent favoring unthinking reflexive response or intelligent emotion free threat analysis. All colors of people have been tribal and all colors are becoming more and more civilized as the tribal mentality that color (difference)matters fades. The difference is that in a tribal situation the other usually represents danger but in a civilized setting the other is a business opportunity offering mutual gain.

So even though you were horribly educated and emotionally primitive, I never write you off because your just another version of me. All your silly notions of what liberals are make you jump and bang your head. A liberal tide lifts all boats because the liberal mind is the water of life. Say that over and over. It's the nature of real medicine that it tastes like shit. ;)

You are literally one of the worst people I've ever had the misfortune of running into. This world is a worse place because of your existence.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You are literally one of the worst people I've ever had the misfortune of running into. This world is a worse place because of your existence.

You mean one of the biggest disasters your ego ever ran into. Probably because I'm a nobody, I rather like you. I have no need to pretend to have good taste any more than I would let my opinion of you be influenced by your opinion of me.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Yep! The world is a scary place and it was made scary and bad because of people like moonbeam who simply shed light on the truth. The truth of which you fear, hate, and domonize.

Your post sums up the mind of a righty perfectly;)

Moonbeam is literally the worst person you have ever met! Lol! I guess you don't get out much...if not at all.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Yep! The world is a scary place and it was made scary and bad because of people like moonbeam who simply shed light on the truth. The truth of which you fear, hate, and domonize.

Your post sums up the mind of a righty perfectly;)

Moonbeam is literally the worst person you have ever met! Lol! I guess you don't get out much...if not at all.

This thread is a goldmine of bigoted lefties.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
You are just upset because Moonbeam showed you how it was your mind that thinks black people = tribal and not his.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This thread is a goldmine of bigoted lefties.

Just because you can't stand the truth about yourself doesn't mean that I am a bigot when I tell you the scientific facts about it. Facts are just facts. I call you brain defective for two reasons. Your brain does a better job of reacting to threats when and where threats may arise, but invents dangers and creates enemies within your own tribe in situations where no external enemy exists. In this way the Republican party since the cold war has become a cancer destroying from within these United States. You always create what you fear, my Dear Mr. McCarthy Issa. So I say that a brain that destroys its own nation is a brain that is defective. Secondly, because another fact about your condition is that you deny facts about yourself like this, that you would find painful to face, I present the facts painfully to demonstrate in real time that deflection. You continue to oblige me. It's another fact about what you do when you have a conservative brain defect.

Any while you may hate yourself because you are irrational and can't deal intelligently with things that cause you fear, that doesn't mean that I do. I see that you are crazy and a threat to the nation and have a duty to warn you of this. You live in a delusional bubble world and are driving the nation off a cliff. I see it and you don't so all I can do is warn you.

My liberal brain tells me that you are hopeless and that conservatives will continue their drive to the cliff because you would rather die that face your brain defect. But I don't react with the same fear and hostility to facts like you do so I don't have to turn you into an enemy. You can't help who you are and neither can I. We will go over the cliff together or enough people will rise up at the polls to put your party out of business. All I can do is say the truth as I see it.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Just because you can't stand the truth about yourself doesn't mean that I am a bigot when I tell you the scientific facts about it. Facts are just facts. I call you brain defective for two reasons. Your brain does a better job of reacting to threats when and where threats may arise, but invents dangers and creates enemies within your own tribe in situations where no external enemy exists. In this way the Republican party since the cold war has become a cancer destroying from within these United States. You always create what you fear, my Dear Mr. McCarthy Issa. So I say that a brain that destroys its own nation is a brain that is defective. Secondly, because another fact about your condition is that you deny facts about yourself like this, that you would find painful to face, I present the facts painfully to demonstrate in real time that deflection. You continue to oblige me. It's another fact about what you do when you have a conservative brain defect.

Any while you may hate yourself because you are irrational and can't deal intelligently with things that cause you fear, that doesn't mean that I do. I see that you are crazy and a threat to the nation and have a duty to warn you of this. You live in a delusional bubble world and are driving the nation off a cliff. I see it and you don't so all I can do is warn you.

My liberal brain tells me that you are hopeless and that conservatives will continue their drive to the cliff because you would rather die that face your brain defect. But I don't react with the same fear and hostility to facts like you do so I don't have to turn you into an enemy. You can't help who you are and neither can I. We will go over the cliff together or enough people will rise up at the polls to put your party out of business. All I can do is say the truth as I see it.

I don't know what's worse: your ignorance, or your bigotry.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You are just upset because Moonbeam showed you how it was your mind that thinks black people = tribal and not his.

Bober gets great joy from pointing out liberal hypocrisy wherever he can and invents it himself to stoke that pleasure even if it isn't there. So he did invent it, but I don't think he actually thinks black = tribal. He's just playing with himself at my expense.