Texas Democrats ask non-citizens to vote.

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
As i pointed out, it's the Democrats trying to win by any means necessary. Is your lie just part of you vaunted scientific prowess?

No lie, just confusion on your part about what I meant. The statement is however part of my ‘vaunted scientific prowess’.

The default standard in this country at least since the voting rights act was passed is equality under the law and all citizens 18 and up have a right to vote. Doing anything to win would mean undermining that standard.

You see the hypothesis is whenever a rabidly partisan conservative accuses the liberals of voter suppression they are tacitly admitting that’s what their side is doing.

For evidence supporting that we have:
  • Republican Kemp in Georgia improperly purging 100,000s of registrations (mainly minority) in his own race for governor
  • North Dakota republican led state government suppressing Native Americans by requiring street addresses on voter ID
  • North Carolina Republican controlled legislatures ‘surigical assault’ on minority voting
Now these are pretty good correlations for republicans elected into government suppressing votes. But we also need causation. Luckily we have that too:

So here we have republicans saying they want to win, low voter turnout will help, and enacting policies to suppress voter turnout.

Does it help them win? Yes. As you’ve pointed out republicans control the majority of federal and state governments all while receiving less votes than the opposition.

Now that it’s obvious that the republicans are doing whatever it takes to win I should note that it’s possible Democrats are also undermining the standard. However in investigating this possibility all I found from a reasonable source was this 538 article about how Democratic state governments tend to push the off year election dates around so teachers unions have more say when electing school boards.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-democrats-suppress-the-vote/amp/

So if your comment was directed at democrats messing with off year school board elections and not the midterms or presidential elections let me know.

The evidence supports your posts being like a cars idiot light that’s been reveresed. It’s always means the opposite of what it should.

If your posts on the subject start being supported by evidence I’ll be sure and revise my hypothesis. Until then your accusations against Democrats are indistinguishable from admitting what the republicans are doing.

Reactions: ch33zw1z
Jul 9, 2009
So you're admitting that the Republicans have done the same thing that you're freaking out about in your OP? Or are trying to claim that not one Republican campaign mass mailer, spam text, and robocall ever went to a non-citizen?
Who's freaking? Just drawing attention to the Democrat Parties attempts to commit vote fraud as shown by the news stories.

Jul 9, 2009
The default standard in this country at least since the voting rights act was passed is equality under the law and all citizens 18 and up have a right to vote. Doing anything to win would mean undermining that standard.

You see the hypothesis is whenever a rabidly partisan conservative accuses the liberals of voter suppression they are tacitly admitting that’s what their side is doing.

Incorrect, since some convicted criminals have their voting rights removed. Nice try though.

Evidence? Voting roles need to be purged every voting cycle. People move, people die and people change affiliations.

Read the post in my OP, prosecuting paid operatives for vote fraud.
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article220152695.html

or one you'll like. The idea that prosecuting voter fraud by Attorney General Paxton is somehow an attempt to "suppress" legal votes! You can't make this shit up.:rolleyes:
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/article220251905.html

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Incorrect, since some convicted criminals have their voting rights removed. Nice try though.
Ok you don’t understand what a standard is or what default means.

Of course convicts have had their right to vote revoked following due process. Something the disenfranchised have not had.
Evidence? Voting roles need to be purged every voting cycle. People move, people die and people change affiliations.
Sure. There’s nothing inherently wrong with purging voter roles. But only if it’s done with care to not remove eligible voters.
Read the post in my OP, prosecuting paid operatives for vote fraud.
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article220152695.html

or one you'll like. The idea that prosecuting voter fraud by Attorney General Paxton is somehow an attempt to "suppress" legal votes! You can't make this shit up.:rolleyes:
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/article220251905.html
I’ve read it. The second link makes things more clear. Paxton who’ll be going on trial for alleged securities fraud is going after get out the vote groups because as we discussed republicans want to restrict who votes.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Just a question. If you are sending out a mass mailer how do you know who is a citizen or non-citizen?

BTW - Arsenic in drinking water is more of an issue then voter fraud. Math proves that out because its neither left or right. The courts prove it too. Whenever these mass voter fraud cases are brought before judges their bullshit is sniffed out.

That's what I was thinking. It's the same sieve of possibilities over Clinton's deleted e-mails.

I've deleted millions . . . . and billions . . . and zillions . . . of e-mails from my computer -- from Home Depot, Lowes, Staples, Sears, LL Bean, Nordstroms, and the local garden nursery.

These days, all a non-Republican needs to do is step off a street-corner, and if somebody thinks it threatens the Trump presidency, somebody will try to get the pedestrian arrested . . . .

Jul 9, 2009
Ok you don’t understand what a standard is or what default means.

Of course convicts have had their right to vote revoked following due process. Something the disenfranchised have not had.

Sure. There’s nothing inherently wrong with purging voter roles. But only if it’s done with care to not remove eligible voters.

I’ve read it. The second link makes things more clear. Paxton who’ll be going on trial for alleged securities fraud is going after get out the vote groups because as we discussed republicans want to restrict who votes.

Of course anyone who actually prosecutes clear cases of vote fraud is to the Democrats/progressives a clear case of voter suppression. Got it!
So cute and so predictable. ;)

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Of course anyone who actually prosecutes clear cases of vote fraud is to the Democrats/progressives a clear case of voter suppression. Got it!
Yep, so clear cut you haven't provided any evidence to support your claims.
Something we can always predict from you.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

You state allegations as if they are fact. None of it has been proven at all, other than in the minds of the gullible. Even if true, the actions of a very few citizens are not the policy of the Democratic Party. We oppose fraud. We just want all citizens to register & actually vote & will do things to promote that. We firmly believe that greater participation & turnout increase our chances of winning.

Voter fraud remains insignificant, particularly in contrast to efforts by the GOP to shape the vote better to their liking.