- Jun 4, 2004
No lie, just confusion on your part about what I meant. The statement is however part of my ‘vaunted scientific prowess’.As i pointed out, it's the Democrats trying to win by any means necessary. Is your lie just part of you vaunted scientific prowess?
The default standard in this country at least since the voting rights act was passed is equality under the law and all citizens 18 and up have a right to vote. Doing anything to win would mean undermining that standard.
You see the hypothesis is whenever a rabidly partisan conservative accuses the liberals of voter suppression they are tacitly admitting that’s what their side is doing.
For evidence supporting that we have:
- Republican Kemp in Georgia improperly purging 100,000s of registrations (mainly minority) in his own race for governor
- North Dakota republican led state government suppressing Native Americans by requiring street addresses on voter ID
- North Carolina Republican controlled legislatures ‘surigical assault’ on minority voting
- Reports from WI, PA, NC & Fl of republicans stating voter ID laws and long lines will suppress opposition voting https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2016/09/17/us/some-republicans-acknowledge-leveraging-voter-id-laws-for-political-gain.amp.html
- Operation REDMAP
- Paul Weyrichs comments on low voter turnout improving evangelicals leverage on republicans all the way back in the 1980’s
Does it help them win? Yes. As you’ve pointed out republicans control the majority of federal and state governments all while receiving less votes than the opposition.
Now that it’s obvious that the republicans are doing whatever it takes to win I should note that it’s possible Democrats are also undermining the standard. However in investigating this possibility all I found from a reasonable source was this 538 article about how Democratic state governments tend to push the off year election dates around so teachers unions have more say when electing school boards.
So if your comment was directed at democrats messing with off year school board elections and not the midterms or presidential elections let me know.
The evidence supports your posts being like a cars idiot light that’s been reveresed. It’s always means the opposite of what it should.
If your posts on the subject start being supported by evidence I’ll be sure and revise my hypothesis. Until then your accusations against Democrats are indistinguishable from admitting what the republicans are doing.