Star Citizen: Chris Robert`s new space sim (the Wing Commander guy)

Page 160 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
For VoiceAttack, just make sure you do 3-5 training sessions with Window's voice command system so that it learns your voice/accent better.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
I applied for AT Ballers. I only have a Sabre right now (upgraded from a Hornet).. but planning on adding more as money permits.

Feb 4, 2009
I applied for AT Ballers. I only have a Sabre right now (upgraded from a Hornet).. but planning on adding more as money permits.

Ntrinsik correct? Coincidentally I just looked at the org a minute after you applied.
Welcome fellow baller...
What do you have in your hanger?

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Well, I finally upgraded from a crappy laptop with a GTX 635m graphics to a proper desktop (6700k, GTX 970). Was barely running Elite Dangerous on the laptop and now I can just about max everything out. Also got my PTU invite the day I bought the new computer. Haven't played SC since the very early Arena Commander days, will be nice to try it again!

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
Gosh dang it. That makes just about everyone here but me. That's what I get for being so late to the party (citizen 700k something). Gah! :(

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
This video is gorgeous.

A few moments stand out to me:

1:10 - - Mother of God....this can't be a video game....I'm watching a Hollywood film. Watching that Avenger fly in and out of the light during the first minute of the video....whoever says Cryengine doesn't hang anymore doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

7:10 - - more amazing fireworks.

8:00 - - visits a repair facility and the drones repair his ship. Very cool watching the drones do their thing.

Make sure to watch at 60fps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HxZ0lamZnU

I just watched this video and it left me in awe. Looks like he made it in 2.0e.

My experience has been much different. Lots of freezes and stutters. He didn't have any (unless he edited them out of the video).

Also I am shocked that CryAstro worked for him. Twice I've taken a damaged Aurora LN to CryAstro and landed. Watched the repair bots do their thing, etc. But when they're done.....no damage has actually been repaired on my ship. Wonder what I'm doing wrong.....

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
There's speculation that he was playing offline.

I wondered......

I certainly hope that CIG give us an offline option with 2.0. I'd love to be able to explore without worrying about some idiot playing pirate. Because without persistence, pirating is just griefing at the moment.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Anyone else having issues with the latest patch? I get to the loading screen with the two ships and then it crashes back to the desktop.

I tried deleting the USER folder and verifying but that didn't help.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
^^^nvm I see a new patch is rolling out so I'm dl'ing that one. Hopefully it fixes the crash issues I was getting.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Ntrinsik correct? Coincidentally I just looked at the org a minute after you applied.
Welcome fellow baller...
What do you have in your hanger?

Yup, ntrinsik. Thanks!

Nothing in my hangar yet.. but I do have a Sabre whenever its hangar ready. I'm probably going to add a few more ships in the next year though.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
Does this actually effect anything?

Does my ~300k mean something?

They're rolling out access to the PTU based on citizen number. I think they're only around 200K at this point, so it will be awhile before they get to me.

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
Hmmmmm, well I guess we can keep folks updated as we get invited into PTU and post our citizen numbers. I think I have the correct one from my card, got the invite on Friday, citizen number is 47359.

SithSolo1

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2001
Easiest way to see your number is to:

Click on My RSI in the top bar.
When your mini-account panel pops up click on your name next to your icon.
On the page that loads it should be top center under the two tabs.

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
AT Ballers is starting to look good! 20 peeps and counting. Definitely some good multi-crew ship action.

Last edited:

SithSolo1

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2001
Ship loaner matrix for 2.0:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/301211

Basically if you own any non-flyable multicrew ship, Freelancer size or larger, you will get a Connie Andromeda loaner. For anything smaller that is not flyable you will get a base hornet.

The exceptions to the above are as follows:
Retaliator Base/Bomber > Bomber
Cultass Variants > Cutlass Black
P-72 > P-52

Last edited:

ginfest

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2000
Hi guys, great info here. My Citizen number is #148195 but PTU is grayed out in My Account/Settings page.
Game version is 1.3, when I start the launcher it says to restart to update it but nothing happens. The game does launch. I can access my hangar and Arena Commander.
Did I miss something?

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, I finally checked and have PTU access, so I started downloading the universe... Hope to have it by Saturday/Sunday and hope to have my controller working this weekend. But probably won't have it until next weekend because this weekend I am smoking ribs, which will take all day Sunday and a couple hours prep on Saturday... the things we do for good food, and I will leave this here from one of my previous cooks:
XKvrdPCl.jpg