some lady just attacked my dog

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TranceNation

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2001
so what would happen if your dog bit the kid and gave the kid rabbies? next time don't buy cheap leashes

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Originally posted by: TranceNation
so what would happen if your dog bit the kid and gave the kid rabbies? next time don't buy cheap leashes

Then you proceed to a Field Goal.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
Originally posted by: isekii
Originally posted by: Blieb
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Uh, riiight...:roll:

Say what you will. My dog is the one thing I'd go apesh!t over. Other than him getting hurt, I have complete self control. But I'm dead serious, if someone ever kicked my dog and harmed him, they'd be bleeding to death lying in the middle of the road.

sure they will tough guy.

He will defend his poodle to the death.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: isekii
Originally posted by: halik
I think the whole story is made up just to have an excuse to post a picture of that "dog"....

I've seen his posts before where he refers to that "dog" as "his baby".... Little obsessed there imho... plus NO MAN can justify owning that dog (ive said that many a time).

like a man can justify owning a Yorkie ?
give me a break.
The POM is a man's dog compared to a Yorkie.

hahah,
a man shouldnt own a "dog" that would get b!tchslapped around by a normal sized cat. And if you referer to it as "your baby" you should get a sex change ....

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
If a small to medium sized dog is being moderately aggressive, grab their snout and hold it shut until they yelp. This will make them stop most of the time.

By moderately aggressive I do not mean full on attack, then you have permission to kick like a little girl.

WTF is wrong with you? Yeah, reach a hand out to grab toward the mouth of a strange, aggressive dog? WTF? And it makes them stop *MOST* of the time? What happens the other times? It bites you.

If I perceive your unleashed dog to be a threat to my small child, you bet I'd consider kicking the damn thing. I don't dislike dogs, but I feel absolutely no love for someone else's uncontrolled pet when it might pose a risk to my child. I've seen enough yappy little "toy" dogs with nervous disorders to know that little teeth pose a risk to a child just as big teeth might. I don't care how perfect you think your dog is with you, dogs very frequently just don't respond to children the same way as they do adults.

toant103

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: MaxDepth
I know this sounds pretty lame, but why don't you leash the dog and take the dog with you to meet the woman and her kids if you go with the cops to talk to the woman.

FIRST AND FOREMOST - Apologize to the woman for having your dog off the leash. Show them that Bruno has his shots and is a gentle dog. If fear can be removed from this second meeting then you two can become better neighbors. I thnk she did overreact but showing her that Bruno is harmless will remove that from ever happening again. And it shows the police that you are more than willing to help resolve this accident.

I'm sorry that your dog was hurt. And I hope that he is not injured, but you are responsible for his injuries because he wasn't leashed. :(

I don't even want to approach her. I don't think she can speak much English. When i was trying to catch Bruno, i told her he doesn't bite. I think she is from the Middle East.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: waggy

boy you are a idiot.

if a dog comes at my daughter and growls or anything else i feel is threatening i will kick/hit/shoot if i feel i need to. I do not care if it is a 8lb terrier or a 200lb rotty.

Then if you tried to "smash my face in" not only would you be in jail i would sue the crap out of you.

I agree the lady over reacted but again the dog should be on a leash at all times.

I'm not saying you'd be out of line. I'm saying any mfer who says "punt" or malicious backlash ... overreaction ... like when someone punches someone and they turn around and shoot the person who punched. Excessive force.

pft i would kick the dog as far away as i could. granted a 8lb dog aint going to fly far but i bet you it will NOT come back again. If nothing else it would give me time to take my daughter inside.

anyway i have a gaurd dog to protect us!

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Citrix
well if she thought her kids were in danger of being bit by an unleashed dog, she has every right to defend herself and her kids.

yeap.

the OP is in the wrong. Even though the lady over reacted she did NOTHING that was against the law. YOU have to keep your dog on a leesh.
Not true as a blanket statement, I don't think that simply because the dog was off a lease she has carte blanche. It's also a, what 2 lb lap dog, a puppy at that.

If so she could have whipped out a gun and shot the dog dead. There has to be a line somewhere inbetween, and beating a 2lb puppy to 'save your life/childrens' lives' with a stool would be hard to justify to a judge. Was she really afraid of injury from that animal? 4 months old!? please.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Phoenix86
Originally posted by: Citrix
well if she thought her kids were in danger of being bit by an unleashed dog, she has every right to defend herself and her kids.

yeap.

the OP is in the wrong. Even though the lady over reacted she did NOTHING that was against the law. YOU have to keep your dog on a leesh.
Not true as a blanket statement, I don't think that simply because the dog was off a lease she has carte blanche. It's also a, what 2 lb lap dog, a puppy at that.

If so she could have whipped out a gun and shot the dog dead. There has to be a line somewhere inbetween, and beating a 2lb puppy to 'save your life/childrens' lives' with a stool would be hard to justify to a judge. Was she really afraid of injury from that animal? 4 months old!? please.

actually you are wrong. IF they were actually scared (wich she was) then she was justified.

you would be suprised the amount of damage a small dog can do. If you think defending a child from a dog even a 3lb dog would be hard to justify to a judge you are really wrong.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000

boy you are a idiot.

if a dog comes at my daughter and growls or anything else i feel is threatening i will kick/hit/shoot if i feel i need to. I do not care if it is a 8lb terrier or a 200lb rotty.

Then if you tried to "smash my face in" not only would you be in jail i would sue the crap out of you.

I agree the lady over reacted but again the dog should be on a leash at all times.

I'm not saying you'd be out of line. I'm saying any mfer who says "punt" or malicious backlash ... overreaction ... like when someone punches someone and they turn around and shoot the person who punched. Excessive force.

pft i would kick the dog as far away as i could. granted a 8lb dog aint going to fly far but i bet you it will NOT come back again. If nothing else it would give me time to take my daughter inside.

anyway i have a gaurd dog to protect us!

"granted a 8lb dog aint going to fly far"

LMAO!!!!!!

weiner dogs are awesome btw :)

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
I have 2 dogs, and I would feel badly if something happened to them because they were off leash and menacing (by manacing I mean not leaving completely alone) a person or family, but it would be my fault and the fault of the dog's actions, NOT the people defending themself or thier kids.

A stranger being circled by a dog of any size doesn't have the time to take a case history (he's fine; he only bites if _____; just don't pull his _____, etc.) they are going on instinct and impulse at the time anyway.

OP sorry to hear a 5" stool hurt your dog, next time be more responsible and keep him on leash.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
You won't get any help legally, as you shouldn't. The lady had every right to defend her kid; not her fault she isn't a dog lover/expert.

Get over it and keep your dog on a tighter leash next time.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: toant103
i was walking my 4 months old pomeranian and he broke loose from his collar. He was running around her trying to play with her and her kid. She has her little kids, about 5 years old with her. I'm trying to catch him but can't.

He would just run around and the kid was afraid, she pick up the small plastic stool, about 5 inches high, and pegged it at my dog. I called the police. The police are coming. Are there anything i should worried about beside my dog is limping? Like legal issues?

Thanks

For those who haven't see the dog

Bruno

OH MY FVCKING GOD!
another one of these. You have official lost you menhood membership. Hand in your penis at the next sporting event.

official lost? menhood? sporting event?

great job on pulling that one off, champ

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Phoenix86

I think the line you are referring to would be use of excessive force. I do not think she used excessive force here, maybe if she had shot it 5 times in a row.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
The woman was out of line, but understandably considering her child was present. Doesn't seem like any real harm to the dog was done and as another poster suggested, it might be good to take the opportunity to introduce your dog properly to the little girl so she's not afraid of it.

I wouldn't kick or hit a dog just because it was getting frisky and my child was around. I'd pick up my child to be sure that everything was safe and then try to get her to play with the dog or pet it a little. Now if the dog came up with a nasty disposition and looking aggressive, yes, I would punt the little fsck about 50 yards.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
i was walking my 4 months old pomeranian and he broke loose from his collar. He was running around her trying to play with her and her kid. She has her little kids, about 5 years old with her. I'm trying to catch him but can't.

He would just run around and the kid was afraid, she pick up the small plastic stool, about 5 inches high, and pegged it at my dog. I called the police. The police are coming. Are there anything i should worried about beside my dog is limping? Like legal issues?

Thanks

Bruno

OH MY FVCKING GOD!
another one of these. You have official lost you menhood membership. Hand in your penis at the next sporting event.

eh typed it up in 5 sec, anyone with double digit IQ will get over the typoos. Do i need to fix it up for ya, or you just need lil more time?

Oh someone please link that clip with that one indian guy "you daughter, she come over and she kick my dog"

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Thanks

Bruno

OH MY FVCKING GOD!

eh typed it up in 5 sec, anyone with double digit IQ will get over the typoos. Do i need to fix it up for ya, or you just need lil more time?

you're not helping yourself.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I think the whole story is made up just to have an excuse to post a picture of that "dog"....

I've seen his posts before where he refers to that "dog" as "his baby".... Little obsessed there imho... plus NO MAN can justify owning that dog (ive said that many a time).
Ok we all know you are a man's man and will never be seen with a pink umbrella. Will you just leave now ? :roll:

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001

Thanks

Bruno

OH MY FVCKING GOD!

you're not helping yourself.

PWND~!!

***CONFIRMED***

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Whoa!

How did "she pick up the small plastic stool, about 5 inches high, and pegged it at my dog" turn into "beating a 2lb puppy... with a stool"?

I've told you people a million times not to exaggerate! ;)

Blieb

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2000
word,
i have a 4 year old niece and anyone in my family including myself would make sure that dog stays the hell away from her....

as far as "smashing my face in" argument, way to be an e-badass. 20 bucks says you're 6ft and 120bs...

Try 5'7" 240 mfer! You owe me $20 ...

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: yukichigai
Originally posted by: rh71
So attacking someone (a child) when they do something they shouldn't like punching or biting you sounds in your nature... good to know.
Whoa whoa whoa, stop putting words in my mouth. I said I'd kick 'em, I never said attack. If someone bites my foot that foot is gonna snap 'em in the face. Why? 'cause I want 'em to stop f%$#ing biting my foot. This isn't a "stop or this will happen again" situation, this is a "get your f%$#ing teeth out of my flesh" situation. It's defense, not offense.

Regardless, this all comes up because you're trying to equate children and the mentally impared to dogs. You can teach children (and short bus riders) that biting is bad using words. (mostly) You cannot teach that to dogs without at least some kind of physical deterrant. In this case, kicking the dog with the foot it just bit.
You're the one who equated the recourse for a mentally retarded person biting you to a dog. (I like how you took that out of the quote history)... You are how much bigger than them, have much more sense, and yet you choose to attack/kick/punt them. Defense does not include kicking even in return. There's a better way to handle it than to retaliate like only a child would know how. That's the bottom line here. If you think you're better than them, at least act like it.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
word,
i have a 4 year old niece and anyone in my family including myself would make sure that dog stays the hell away from her....

as far as "smashing my face in" argument, way to be an e-badass. 20 bucks says you're 6ft and 120bs...

Try 5'7" 240 mfer! You owe me $20 ...

So, you're a big fat load is what you're saying? Go eat another cheeseburger.

I own a dog and I have a son who will be 2 in August. If my own dog ever bit my son that dog would be going to the vet for the last time. I will not tolerate an animal that is aggressive. I don't care if it is my dog or some idiot neighbor's dog.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
I can't believe some of you think the lady was in the wrong. I wouldn't be throwing a stool, but if I felt threatened by a dog I'd absolutely give it a good kick.