So how's that gun prohibition working for you Brits?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Did US police stop any of these rampages? (These are just school massacres, ordinary massacres are left out for now, also just a ten year span)

Guess not. Argue your point in light of that evidence, I'd like to see it. You will, but not for the point of truth, but just for the fun of arguing online. You have no point, except for rabble rousing with your fellow pro-gun pre-massacre online nutjob bedfellow.

More deflection. We are talking about police in the UK, try to keep up. Answer the question, or continue looking like a fool, your choice.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Are they less dead when you beat them or stab them to death than if you shoot them?

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
More deflection. We are talking about police in the UK, try to keep up. Answer the question, or continue looking like a fool, your choice.

The question was, "So how's that gun prohibition working for you Brits? ". Seems like you can't keep up, and therfore look the fool. You're the one deflecting and derialing the thread to try and prove the pious and incorrect thread title, based upon an incident whereby some people were shot. In the US, so many people are shot in this way daily it's not reported, but you ignore that fact as it doesn't sit well with everybody carrying guns. The fact this event is reported so highly in the UK and forieign press is evidence of it being a very unique event. The thread poster wants to paint the UK as a gun infested wasteland, yet he's never set foot in the UK, and probably hasn't got a passport.

Oh well, you lose as you can't posit a decent pro gun argument. Nor can you effectively claim that gun control in the UK leads to more gun crime. :awe:

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
The question was, "So how's that gun prohibition working for you Brits? ".

No fool, it wasn't. Here let me help you since you're slow, even though it's been posted a few times now ...

Are you denying that when this rampage was happening, the local police were unable to stop him and had to call in the special unit that had firearms
I understand that actually honestly answering the question would make your point look kind of stupid at this point, and deflate your fake arguments, and deflections, but have a go at it anyway, maybe you can get some respect back by doing what loony leftist can rarely seem to muster ...honesty, and integrity.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
No fool, it wasn't. Here let me help you since you're slow, even though it's been posted a few times now ...

I understand that actually honestly answering the question would make your point look kind of stupid at this point, and deflate your fake arguments, and deflections, but have a go at it anyway, maybe you can get some respect back by doing what loony leftist can rarely seem to muster ...honesty, and integrity.

Ok, you must be new to forums. The idea is you keep to the thread topic, unless you are in the 'off-topic' section. FYI.

Anyhow:

Moat didn't have any contact with Police, apart from shooting a Officer in the face as he sat in his car, until he was found by the river, at which point the ARG were engaged and went directly to the spot, but you knew that, right? No? Ahh, so what's you're point again? Oh yeah, you haven't got one, you just resort to name calling, like fool, loony leftist or maybe you should join Nick with his insults in the other gun control thread, calling people cunts and retards.

Just keep affirming the seven rules of debating on the Internet. So far you have nailed about 4 of them. :D

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Ok, you must be new to forums. The idea is you keep to the thread topic, unless you are in the 'off-topic' section. FYI.

Anyhow:

Moat didn't have any contact with Police, apart from shooting a Officer in the face as he sat in his car, until he was found by the river, at which point the ARG were engaged and went directly to the spot, but you knew that, right? No? Ahh, so what's you're point again? Oh yeah, you haven't got one, you just resort to name calling, like fool, loony leftist or maybe you should join Nick with his insults in the other gun control thread, calling people cunts and retards.

Just keep affirming the seven rules of debating on the Internet. So far you have nailed about 4 of them. :D

Right, so the special cops with guns had to stop him. So in a round about sort of way you finally admit that the majority of British police do not carry guns, I knew you could do it, that is unless all these are lying ...

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,409517,00.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_use_of_firearms_in_the_United_Kingdom
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/1156341.stm

Last edited:

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
You're poorly executed questions are laughable and have no point but to troll. Troll on at a gun fourm, or better yet, go and stroke your barrel, if you're not already.

I didnt think you could answer my questions, or see the retardation in your definition of a 'rampage'. Nope, instead you just attack me some more.

Classic internet arguing. You cant answer my questions so you dance around and attack me.

Get fucked

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I would also like to submit this thread as partial proof of one of my other general arguments concerning gun control.

Gun control advocates are usually scared. Gun freedom advocates are usually not. Case in point: the defensiveness, evasion and obvious frustration with which Sandorski and DividebyZero responded (or didn't respond) to straight questions.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
I didnt think you could answer my questions, or see the retardation in your definition of a 'rampage'. Nope, instead you just attack me some more.

Classic internet arguing. You cant answer my questions so you dance around and attack me.

Get fucked

"Get fucked"? Not in the mood to call me a retard or a wise and beautiful woman like you did when you lost the argument again in the other gun thread?

That's funny, those are exactly the points I put to you, except you just turn it around and state 'SO ARE YOU!'. :D

Last edited:

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
Right, so the special cops with guns had to stop him. So in a round about sort of way you finally admit that the majority of British police do not carry guns, I knew you could do it, that is unless all these are lying ...

Haha! OK, so now I know what sort or loon I'm talking to would you like to quote the post in this thread where I state catagorically that ALL UK cops have guns? Making up arguments for me is childish. Are you dense? :awe:

Take your straw man and hang him elswhere.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
I would also like to submit this thread as partial proof of one of my other general arguments concerning gun control.

Gun control advocates are usually scared. Gun freedom advocates are usually not. Case in point: the defensiveness, evasion and obvious frustration with which Sandorski and DividebyZero responded (or didn't respond) to straight questions.

This is more proof of gun advocate paranoid thread tactics, e.g.,:

- Suggest any anti-gun rhetoric to be 'defensive'
- Suggest any anti-gun fact to be off topic or evasive
- Suggest frustration in opposing group

I'm not frustrated, I have gun control, and it works. You do not and it clearly leads to epic homocide results. I mean, where does the phrase 'going Postal' come from, eh?:awe:

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
The beauty of the pro-gun side is, we don't have to argue if we don't want to. We have all the guns. ;)

I couldn't care less about the UK's approach to gun control. It sucks for them. I only wish they had the same attitude about the US's approach to gun proliferation. Everybody just mind your business.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

I ain't scared of shit. Those needing Guns are the scared ones.

Fail.

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Interesting points on both sides, and it's fun to watch you guys go at it! When it comes down to it, these questions come to mind:

- Does a criminal abide by the law?
- Does gun prohibition disarm law abiding citizens, or criminals?
-- Think about it, do drug laws stop druggies from doing drugs?
- What chance of survival do you have against an armed criminal?

I can certainly entertain the notion that with less guns around, there's less chance of one being fired. Sure. The problem I see is disarming a law abiding public doesn't do much to disarm criminals who don't abide by shit.

Obviously, statistics can be found to support either side of the argument, so the thread title is obviously just stirring up arguments. Gotta love them statistics! :D

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
The beauty of the pro-gun side is, we don't have to argue if we don't want to. We have all the guns. ;)

I couldn't care less about the UK's approach to gun control. It sucks for them. I only wish they had the same attitude about the US's approach to gun proliferation. Everybody just mind your business.

WTF:\

Its always the US pro gun nuts that start threads about gun control in the UK, this thread being a case in point.

If you cant see the which side is pushing the agenda on these forums you really are blind.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
"Get fucked"? Not in the mood to call me a retard or a wise and beautiful woman like you did when you lost the argument again in the other gun thread?

That's funny, those are exactly the points I put to you, except you just turn it around and state 'SO ARE YOU!'. :D

Refused to answer the questions for the 4th time? Not suprised.

Care to link the thread were I was "owned". I hope you arnt referring to the thread where its classy vs. the world, and he makes a fool of himself.

Keep dodging the questions though, you are making yourself look good here.

And in case you forgot the questions, here they are again

Are you denying that when this rampage was happening, the local police were unable to stop him and had to call in the special unit that had firearms?

Also, can you deny that your crime rose after the gun ban?

Maybe the 5th time is the charm, please dont dodge again.

Last edited:

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Haha! OK, so now I know what sort or loon I'm talking to would you like to quote the post in this thread where I state catagorically that ALL UK cops have guns?

You sure implied that when I stated the local police were unable to stop the recent killer, and had to summon special cops with guns, and then you turned around and said I was clueless for saying that...even though its a fact.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
Refused to answer the questions for the 4th time? Not suprised.

Care to link the thread were I was "owned". I hope you arnt referring to the thread where its classy vs. the world, and he makes a fool of himself.

Keep dodging the questions though, you are making yourself look good here.

And in case you forgot the questions, here they are again

Are you denying that when this rampage was happening, the local police were unable to stop him and had to call in the special unit that had firearms?

Also, can you deny that your crime rose after the gun ban?

Maybe the 5th time is the charm, please dont dodge again.

I'm not deny that, no. Please explain how gun control effects the way Armed Police are deployed in the UK? Gun control has nothing to do with Policing Policy, and beyond that Policy is different for each Police Force area. For example, all Police in Airports are Armed, CO19 in London are Always armed (my neighbour), Sgt. FuckAllToDo in the Scottish Highland does not carry a firearm.

If keeping the thread on topic is dodging, then I'm guilty, but you posted the thread, genius, and it clearly had nothing to do with Police practice. Good job on hitting the Dilbert rules for debating on the internet 7 for 7.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
You sure implied that when I stated the local police were unable to stop the recent killer, and had to summon special cops with guns, and then you turned around and said I was clueless for saying that...even though its a fact.

*sigh* Really? OK:

I said:

Funny. My next door neighbour works for the Metropolitan Police and is Armed with an AR every day.

That clearly doesn't say, "All UK cops use guns all the time". If you read that, I'm going to just feel sorry for you and the state the US education system must be in.

I then posted:
Are you aware that Moat was hunted down by Armed police? Obviously not.

You weren't aware of this as you thought he was cornered by a normal copper. They were special Armed response cops, they were called in before he was cornered. He was camping in the forest in the surrounding area for a couple of days, not running about for 15 minutes.

But keep on attacking me rather than my point. You can't seem to come up with a valid reason for lax gun laws, so you keep nitpicking and calling people names. If that's your and the pro gun lobby's MO, I'd rather they stay in the US where they belong, spouting paranoid politics till they pop a vein. :D

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
So the gun ban caused more crime. Job well done :thumbsup:

You'll have to explain how you made that moronic quantum leap. Gun ban caused more crime. LMAO, seriously, I think I just fucked up my Netbook's keyboard with hot coffee spray!:D