Sen. Lugar defeated in IN primary

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
It's a personal attack to refer to someone as mentally ill but not to call several people "fuckers?"

Your bias is showing again.

I'm a fucker and don't really mind being labeled as such. At least it's something that's honest and truthful in my case. Labeling someone as mentally ill is libel.
This time it is your bias that is showing.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Polls pretty consistently show that self described Tea Party members skew considerably older than the average American.

Yeah, this is what I've read. It may be that California tea partiers who he is referring to are a different demographic than the national whole.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
I'm a fucker and don't really mind being labeled as such. At least it's something that's honest and truthful in my case. Labeling someone as mentally ill is libel.

Labeling someone a fucker is a meaningless, generic, profane insult with no content. Labeling someone as mentally ill is an insult with content and is considerably more specific. Whether it is libel or not depends on the truth of the matter. On that score, I would note that Eskimospy doesn't seem to ever label any other conservative poster here as mentally ill, other than Spidey. At a minimum, I'd say it's a perception, whether accurate or not, based on Spidey's behavior on this discussion board. If it was invented from whole cloth due to raw ideological bias, I'd expect him to apply the label to other conservatives. And he isn't the only one to have made this observation.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot. Notice, for example, how many people around here have suggested that McOwned isn't terribly bright, but those same people may or not say the same thing about other left wing posters? You think he has been chosen arbitrarily to receive this insult, or has his behavior perhaps led to it?

FWIW I don't think you're (usually) a fucker. There's about 10 people who post here that I have pretty negative opinions about apart from my disagreements with them, and about half of them are on the left.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

For it to be libel my statement would have to either be intentionally untrue or to be obviously untrue. As I genuinely believe Spidey to be insane, its definitely not intentionally untrue and I welcome an examination of his posting history in order to determine if such a conclusion would be 'obviously' wrong. Much the opposite. So no, not libel. Try again!

Even if you don't mind being called a fucker, presumably other people do. That you would exhibit such a strong reaction to my statement and completely ignore spidey's is not surprising, but don't try and fool yourself as to why that is.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Happy days, oh happy days, happy days are here again! Just like Sen. Rand Paul took the nomination in KY, my brothers to the north have done their duty and presented a solid conservative for Senate. The times of compromise with liberals is OVER, the times with siding with this president are OVER. Indiana has spoken - no more RINO. Bell weather.

How's it feel to be tea bagged Lugar?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2012-05-08/lugar-indiana-senate-mourdock/54844834/1

Lugar is one of the brightest, if not the brightest, senators in Washington. He is the kind of guy the Republicans should be electing.

I'd wager that if Lugar ran as an independent, he'd win.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Lugar is one of the brightest, if not the brightest, senators in Washington. He is the kind of guy the Republicans should be electing.

I'd wager that if Lugar ran as an independent, he'd win.

He's a smart guy but as the Washington Post pointed out he also lost touch with his constituency. A lot of voters just don't care about how much he's done for counter-proliferation or anything of that nature.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Considering the blockading done by the TP candidates who were elected in 2010, I'm not sure I'd celebrate another TP candidate being on the ballot in November. They've done next to nothing as far as getting the country's business done. All they know how to do is vote against the Republican-led house. Which accomplishes nothing except showing their electorate how they're standing by their principles.

Honestly, and this goes for all political parties; the country would be much better off if Congressional members would put aside their party identification once elected and do the necessary business of the citizenry.

I know; quite the fantasy it is.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
For it to be libel my statement would have to either be intentionally untrue or to be obviously untrue. As I genuinely believe Spidey to be insane, its definitely not intentionally untrue and I welcome an examination of his posting history in order to determine if such a conclusion would be 'obviously' wrong. Much the opposite. So no, not libel. Try again!

Even if you don't mind being called a fucker, presumably other people do. That you would exhibit such a strong reaction to my statement and completely ignore spidey's is not surprising, but don't try and fool yourself as to why that is.

Have you ever received a warning on this forum that it is a personal attack?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Have you ever received a warning on this forum that it is a personal attack?

I'm not getting into moderation issues with you. I have been notifying spidey that I believe him to be mentally ill for quite a long time now, however. Form your own judgments.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
He's a smart guy but as the Washington Post pointed out he also lost touch with his constituency. A lot of voters just don't care about how much he's done for counter-proliferation or anything of that nature.
I suspect it might be less that he's out of touch with his constituency and more that he's been in power so long that he's forgotten how to be all things to all groups, an essential part of being a politician in all but the reddest or the bluest states and districts.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The Tea Party knuckleheads are going to do the same thing to Orrin Hatch in the Utah Republican primary. Being Utah though, I don't think it could be turned into a Democratic party win.

Last edited:

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Resisting comment.......:D

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm not getting into moderation issues with you. I have been notifying spidey that I believe him to be mentally ill for quite a long time now, however. Form your own judgments.

This premonition has been embraced by MANY long standing members in this forum. :D

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
chicken-dance-ringtone-11-2.jpg

lol

Mono the Dancing Chicken, it does have a Tounces The Driving Cat quality to it...

Even though he was an effective politician in the past, I myself will not lose sleep over that kind of politician being shown the door. By that, I mean someone who doesn't even live in the area they represent. I have always considered that deeply inappropriate for a servant of the people.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
You're an angry, nasty little turd, aren't you?

The future of this country is at stake and the 2012 election will decide if we fail or continue as the free country we once knew before Obama. To say that folks need to get downright nasty, get in their faces, have a little blood in the streets would be an understatement.

Time to use the tactics of obama and the left against them. Attack, attack and ridicule your opponent, use alinsky tactics against them.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The future of this country is at stake and the 2012 election will decide if we fail or continue as the free country we once knew before Obama. To say that folks need to get downright nasty, get in their faces, have a little blood in the streets would be an understatement.

Time to use the tactics of obama and the left against them. Attack, attack and ridicule your opponent, use alinsky tactics against them.

Spidey, do you mind listing what events occurred under Obama that transformed America from a free country to a not free country?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Spidey, do you mind listing what events occurred under Obama that transformed America from a free country to a not free country?

Obamacare (you MUST do such and such)
Suing states for protecting their borders
Not prosecuting voter intimidation
Blocking/harming private industry production (coal, oil)
Dictating pay

I like how you use obama's own words "transformed", he's said he wants to fundamentally transform the country and that's exactly what he's doing.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

So you got the newsletter, huh?

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...Revolution_if_Obama_Re-elected_150853845.html

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Obamacare (you MUST do such and such)

The ability of Congress to do that has existed for a long time. As far back as 1792, 17 framers of the Constitution and George Washington himself signed a law that mandated all able bodied men engage in private commerce to buy a firearm. Loss of freedom not found.

Suing states for protecting their borders

States are not being sued for protecting their borders, they are being sued for attempting to usurp federal powers. Regardless, pursuing action within the US legal system cannot be viewed as a loss of freedom that existed before unless the nature of the US court system has changed under Obama.

Not prosecuting voter intimidation

Nonsensical.

Blocking/harming private industry production (coal, oil)

Nonsensical, but feel free to be more specific. I'm excited to hear that freedom died in America when Obama said that coal plants aren't allowed to emit as much sulfur for us to breathe in.

Dictating pay

No.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
LOL. The crazies are really starting to lose it. I love how they tried to say 'but by armed revolution I meant armed with your voice!' after they were found out.

What I'd like to know is where is the government wharehouse that all the conficated firearms are kept.