Sen. Lugar defeated in IN primary

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Happy days, oh happy days, happy days are here again! Just like Sen. Rand Paul took the nomination in KY, my brothers to the north have done their duty and presented a solid conservative for Senate. The times of compromise with liberals is OVER, the times with siding with this president are OVER. Indiana has spoken - no more RINO. Bell weather.

How's it feel to be tea bagged Lugar?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2012-05-08/lugar-indiana-senate-mourdock/54844834/1

Sen. Richard Lugar of Indiana was defeated in the state's Republican primary Tuesday, ending the 36-year career of a GOP elder statesman and handing the Tea Party movement its biggest upset victory so far in the 2012 elections.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Be careful what you wish for - remember the great Tea Party victories in Delaware and Nevada Republican primaries two years ago?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Be careful what you wish for - remember the great Tea Party victories in Delaware and Nevada Republican primaries two years ago?

Ya, but this is Indiana.

I'm pretty dubious they're able to vote against a monster.

More nutjob 'don't pay our bills' servents of the wealthy interests like the Kock brothers demanding we not protect the environment from profitable pollution and such.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

Yes. Do you also remember the results of the 2010 federal elections? The historic shift? The fine people in Indiana sent a strong message. You see the Tea Party are the tax paying working American, and no longer will "I have to work" be an excuse to not vote.

This is a pretty big deal.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Don't they know that the Tea Party is dead and ineffective? Don't they know that the Democrats and the media have said the Tea Party really doesn't exist anymore?

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Don't they know that the Tea Party is dead and ineffective? Don't they know that the Democrats and the media have said the Tea Party really doesn't exist anymore?

Also, OWS is the party of the people, they speak for all 99% of Americans and the OWS candidates...ooops, wait, there are no OWS candidates. Sorry, nevermind.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Yes. Do you also remember the results of the 2010 federal elections? The historic shift? The fine people in Indiana sent a strong message. You see the Tea Party are the tax paying working American, and no longer will "I have to work" be an excuse to not vote.

This is a pretty big deal.

You mean the same Tea Party members voted into Congress that won't cut spending on subsidies that they benefit financially from?

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Last edited:
Feb 10, 2000
What this demonstrates to me is yet more evidence that the Tea Party is a pack of idiots who understand nothing about politics. As a Democrat I love the way they have so fractured the GOP. This is a Jonestown-style mass political suicide by the most conservative Americans. Huzzah!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Be careful what you wish for:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/217017-dem-poll-donnelly-leads-mourdock-in-indiana

While this is a dem poll, that same poll showed the dem down 13 points from Lugar, while up 6 points over Mourdock. Shows a 19 point swing to the dem's direction if it's Mourdock rather then Lugar. The dems should have had zero chance for this seat. Now they appear to have a chance.

Yep. Be careful what you wish for, because if you get it, it might not be what you thought it would be.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
What this demonstrates to me is yet more evidence that the Tea Party is a pack of idiots who understand nothing about politics. As a Democrat I love the way they have so fractured the GOP. This is a Jonestown-style mass political suicide by the most conservative Americans. Huzzah!

See you in November, fucker.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

When life hands you poison, you make poisoned flavor-aid...:biggrin:

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Why you better minded folks keep playing with the resident psycho always astonishes me...

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Clearing out the 1% Republicans requires sacrifices. If the people want to elect big gov dogs, let them for Democrat dogs instead of Republican dogs.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
See you in November, fucker.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yep spidey07, I am an Indiana voter. I had a lot of respect for Luger but, zero respect for a cheap opportunistic tea bag idiot who has a track record of fiscal incompetence and mismanagement. Even Indiana governor Mitch Danial's refused to support the T bag turd.

But yes Spidey07, I will see you in November and I really really hope I can call you a sucker.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Lugar is one of the most accomplished US senators, responsible for legislation that facilitated dismantling and securing of WMDs in former USSR so they wouldn't fall into wrong hands:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nunn–Lugar_Cooperative_Threat_Reduction
That the Republican party would replace him with some teabagger is a testament to how low they've sunk.

That is the galling part of all of this - Lugar's work in WMD's has been a great asset to our nation...... Remember when the GOP cared about the security of the nation...

\oh, wait...