GPz1100

Jun 10, 2001
Have the above monitor. No issues for at least 8 months.

Recently, after a pc reboot, noticed my mouse wasn't working (which is plugged into the monitor). Anyways, after much troubleshooting, discovered none of the ports on the monitor are recognized. Tried different cables, different ports on the pc, different pc, etc. The monitor ports however will charge a cell phone if connected. It appears as though the upstream portion of the hub has failed.

Powering/unplugging the monitor yields no success.

Any other suggestions or things to try. I'm not keen on rma'ing the monitor as they'll probably send out a refurb and video wise there's nothing wrong with it.

Thanks and happy new year!!

GPz1100

Jun 10, 2001
SOLVED!

Had to unplug everything (including video cable) from the display. Toggle power button to clear any stored energy then replug and power back on. New one for me.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
I'm having the opposite problem...I wish the ports on my BenQ 3200PT would STOP working lol...they stay on even when the monitor is off.

GPz1100

Jun 10, 2001
Glad I could help. It's a strange way to power cycle something, but some times a complete loss of power is what it takes to clear some corrupt settings.

llamafilm

Sep 21, 2018
I have the same problem with this monitor. The solution mentioned here works, but I have to do it several times per week, almost every time I reboot the computer. I don't know what causes it. The computer and monitor are both plugged into a surge protector, so I wouldn't expect any grounding issue. I only have one device connected to the monitor USB ports, that is a Logitech wireless mouse.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
This solution worked for me too, not for USB ports, but for an older DVI-D monitor, that no longer could be set to native resolution. The chip inside that responded to EDID requests from the PC, wasn't responding properly any more. (Monitor was never fully powered off, normally.) Disconnecting all power and video cables, and pressing the power button a few times, and letting it set there, "reset" it.

Pyrrhic

Feb 23, 2020
SOLVED!

Had to unplug everything (including video cable) from the display. Toggle power button to clear any stored energy then replug and power back on. New one for me.

Dear GPz1100: Many thanks for your post on the USB not working on Samsung S32D850 monitor. I have two, one on DP and another on HDMI, the HDMI monitor exhibited the problem, the DP's USB was working fine. Once I followed your recommendation my USB came right back up on the HDMI-connected monitor. Now, work can progress! Again, many thanks to you - not so many to Samsung.

nginxzero

Nov 18, 2021
SOLVED!

I came here with a similar problem, tried this solution (thank you!) and came up with another solution.

From the monitor. You can also go to Menu > Settings > Reset All.

GPz1100

Jun 10, 2001
^^Only 2 years too late :)

The issue with the factory reset is you lose whatever settings you customized. Seems unplugging everything is the lessor of the two evils.

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
Had that monitor, pretty much everything died except the panel.
And panel was known to be a low quality VA panel.