Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 196 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
New York Post is a tabloid shit rag. It's sole purpose in life was for crossword puzzles and sports section when you are on the train ride home to taking a shit at the office. Self respecting people grabbed the Daily News for a less ass hatish paper for the commute or for the daily poop.
Always has been, always will.

Anyone who goes to the New York Post for "news" is a doofus.

Yet they've sucked Trump's mushroom at least since he was elected.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The new York post is also a paper that loves to hate new York. It's such a shitty paper of mostly misinformation and a skewing of the facts.
And from my understanding a perennial money loser. It exists purely because Rupert Murdoch is willing to underwrite it so that he can inject right wing propaganda into NYC.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I want to see one of these fighters do a youtube-car-reviewer spoof in some of their vehicle nabbing content.

Maybe we can send Doug Demurro over there to do a guest spot?

Speaking of Doug, THISSSS is a great interview if you were ever curious about how he got his start.

Reactions: zinfamous

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
Don't worry, Clinton and the Dems will have a dozen new "Russia disinformation" outlets up and running and will blame conservatives.
Seriously go fuck yourself. What in the fucking hell makes your hugely small brain think that kind of bullshit partisan crap is appropriate in this thread? It's beyond time for people like you to sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. Your schtick is old, tired and full of shit. Grow the fuck up little boy, or at the very least off yourself and do the planet...the entire universe a favor!

The highlighted is simply unacceptable here.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
And from my understanding a perennial money loser. It exists purely because Rupert Murdoch is willing to underwrite it so that he can inject right wing propaganda into NYC.
I remember reading that, probably from you.

Murdoch, Trump, Putin. All as evil as the next.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Russians have probably become accustomed these types of things after Georgia, Syria, Crimea. etc.

The last time Russia lost this many soldiers in a war was Afghanistan, which killed approximately 15,000 Soviets and contributed to the fall of the USSR.

Now, Russian deaths are probably at least 10,000, and the population of Russia is half of what the USSR's was.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Russians have probably become accustomed these types of things after Georgia, Syria, Crimea. etc.

The last time Russia lost this many soldiers in a war was Afghanistan, which killed approximately 15,000 Soviets and contributed to the fall of the USSR.

Now, Russian deaths are probably at least 10,000, and the population of Russia is half of what the USSR's was.
Afghanistan was 15000 in 10 years of war. They might reach that in a couple weeks now.

Reactions: Roger Wilco

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Seriously go fuck yourself. What in the fucking hell makes your hugely small brain think that kind of bullshit partisan crap is appropriate in this thread? It's beyond time for people like you to sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. Your schtick is old, tired and full of shit. Grow the fuck up little boy, or at the very least off yourself and do the planet...the entire universe a favor!
Put him on ignore. If everyone puts him on ignore, it's almost like he's permanently banned. No one will see his trolling except for the few of his kin, so they'll just circle jerking themselves.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
He didn't post anything, He copy pasted from the internet without tossing it in quote tags.
Pretty much like every fanboy or blogger pretending to be "A defense journalist" on the internet.

Edit: Not like it's his job to know . He just likes the legend of the A-10. Not trying to be a dick towards him.
Considering what's happening nitpicking his post now seems like a stupid endeavor.
I could say eat my asshole, but I won’t.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I suspect Putin will win in the end. He will get his Ukraine. Dictators don't care about sanctions, they don't care about what their own oeople say or want. This is a war of bombs, bullets, and tanks and the only concern's of Putin are the bombs, bullets, and tanks, not the sanctions. So if NATO will not help Ukraine with physical force then it is inevitable that Ukraine will become Putin's Ukraine. Putin can destroy faster than Ukraine can rebuild. Once Ukraine falls, the next question will be how big is Putin's appetite? Who will be next? THEN, America and NATO will have a real decision to make.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
I suspect Putin will win in the end. He will get his Ukraine. Dictators don't care about sanctions, they don't care about what their own oeople say or want. This is a war of bombs, bullets, and tanks and the only concern's of Putin are the bombs, bullets, and tanks, not the sanctions. So if NATO will not help Ukraine with physical force then it is inevitable that Ukraine will become Putin's Ukraine. Putin can destroy faster than Ukraine can rebuild. Once Ukraine falls, the next question will be how big is Putin's appetite? Who will be next? THEN, America and NATO will have a real decision to make.

If the sanctions aren't lifted the list of countries that Putin can realistically attack are few. Moldova, maybe. This is going to bleed his military, and while he can train new troops he will find it much harder to build state of the art weapons going forward. I think he's been sparing in the use of air power because he can't afford to make good on big losses there regardless, now he's going to find it hard to build T80's and S400's. His economy could easily be halved by next year, putting him on par with Turkey, but with near twice the population. Not to mention that his keys to power are uber rich oligarchs who won't be looking to take a double haircut from sanctions and propping up a broke military.

Reactions: dank69 and Racan

adamsleath

May 4, 2007
russia, the state, has very little debt (18% of gdp i read) and a trade surplus. or at least it has had.

but in terms of what happens in ukraine. resistance will be overwhelmed. and from the kings of overwhelming with military, this should be obvious. oil and gas. can't (wont) wean themselves off of it - like the oil 'oligarchs' in the states.

transport and shipping is crucial to the web of trade. and it all runs on dinojuice or ng.

putin is from another era, and so are many conservatives. stuck in 20th century rubbish.

whatever bollox was happening to stall full NATO and or EU admission of Ukraine has worked in Putin's favour.

outplayed, outgunned. boohoo. i'd like to see an independent 'western ukraine' (with full NATO membership and backing). but it seems the weakling western alliance won't bother.

the trump card is nuclear escalation. and no-one is game enough to call the bluff. in a shooting war putin could be wiped off the map. by the u.s. and allies. (or at least out of the Ukraine)

appetite for war from the western alliance? up to you. im just an old nerd talking crap. off the top of my head. not someone who wishes to see people dying.

Last edited:
Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The thing that tickles my brain a little is that this geo move makes zero sense in the long term, cant hold Ukraine even if he takes it, people of Ukraine loathes Russia for the next two+ generations, he has created a clusterfuck that is going to outlive his own pitiful existence, he is fighting progress in an age of ever growing information propagation and… this only makes sense in a context where the west is not part of the equation. Not part of the equation <- there is the tickle.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
The thing that tickles my brain a little is that this geo move makes zero sense in the long term, cant hold Ukraine even if he takes it, people of Ukraine loathes Russia for the next two+ generations, he has created a clusterfuck that is going to outlive his own pitiful existence, he is fighting progress in an age of ever growing information propagation and… this only makes sense in a context where the west is not part of the equation. Not part of the equation <- there is the tickle.

Exactly, it only makes sense if he believed the West would do nothing or only mild sanctions. Now he is probably going to smash up Ukraine as much as possible before he'll withdraw the troops. But I really have no idea of how long he can hold up this campaign, weeks, months or years...

Grabo

Apr 5, 2005
The thing that tickles my brain a little is that this geo move makes zero sense in the long term, cant hold Ukraine even if he takes it, people of Ukraine loathes Russia for the next two+ generations, he has created a clusterfuck that is going to outlive his own pitiful existence,

Yeah, prior to UA declaring independance the referendum held was 92% positive to be independant and not a part whatever Soviet was then: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapons_and_Ukraine
(Russia also obviously torched their copies of the Budapest memorandum). I don't see how them being a possibly partitioned puppet state is going to work out in the long run.