Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 1002 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I dream of a United States where when people win elections they get to implement their agenda so voters can evaluate if it's good or bad. Whenever I say this though people in the US freak out.
I'm all for it, if we actually got fair, open, and representative voting. Right now the US is far too easy to hijack by minority rule.

Reactions: tweaker2

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
As an eng who have dealt with a lot of asians and related (indians, japans, china, ...); i can say that some Chinese are quite good others not so good; but the thing is that while they have many competent people they tend to also be more rigid thinking and that is something that has allowed westerners to excel. You could change the word rigid to creativity if that makes you feel better. Having said this if the Republicans have their way USA schools will end up in shambles and in a generation or two be quite poor.

Legally enforced subservience to the CCP doesn't help. Hope they didn't rip you off.

But yes, (R) governance is toxic to America's near and long term health. Not really any way to deny it thanks to people like GWB, McConnell, Trump, Alito, Thomas, etc. They are no longer a political party, more of a cult that is pretty much wrong about everything, has shown a willingness to excuse treason and sedition if it means staying in power. Basically malignant cancer wrapping itself in the flag.

Repugs being in charge of things will jeopardize a lot more than the education of a few generations.

Thankfully, their numbers continue to shrink and younger generations are done with this boomer bullshit. Our younger generations are what will allow us to overcome and outlast both China and Russia. Helping America ditch the inequities and wounds of the 20th century by putting away the political group that seeks rejuvenate it all will be the opening act, if things go right. We'll see.

Reactions: feralkid and Leeea

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'm all for it, if we actually got fair, open, and representative voting. Right now the US is far too easy to hijack by minority rule.
I think the problem here is eventually our system is going to fall into despotism like almost every other presidential system, specifically because when we elect people they are paralyzed from being able to implement their agenda. History shows us that when this happens for long enough eventually the executive says 'fuck it' and seizes power.

Reactions: Leeea

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I think the problem here is eventually our system is going to fall into despotism like almost every other presidential system, specifically because when we elect people they are paralyzed from being able to implement their agenda. History shows us that when this happens for long enough eventually the executive says 'fuck it' and seizes power.
I agree, but really the two problems are the same. The unrepresentative parts of our election process is what keeps the president from enacting their agenda. I just think we need a massive overhaul of the whole federal election process and either go to a parliamentary system or at least ditch the senate (at least in it's current form) and massively increase the number of reps in the house.

A big part of the problem, though, is people in the US have bought into the idea of "balancing power" and gridlock being good, and every election needs to be a "change" election. That's why in the last 70 years we haven't had president from the same party as the previous president elected, except for GHWB. It's impossible for Hilary or Gore to run on "Look how good things have been, elect me and you'll get more of the same!"

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Don't forget their house of Lords -- unelected upper house.

Every good idea is rejected and every bad idea is approved just like Brexit.
Yea House Of Lords is fucked up… I dont know how GB can identify as a democracy with something like that in place.

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007
In other world news, a U.S. contractor was killed and 5 service members injured in Syria:

Of course, no outrage from the warmongers on not respecting Syrias sovereignty. Totally fine that we can just waltz into another country, set up shop, and bomb the shit out of the locals for 10 years straight.

If you wanted to know which country set the precedent for invading sovereign nations, look no further.

#imperialism #hypocrites

• Haha
Reactions: rommelrommel

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
In other world news, a U.S. contractor was killed and 5 service members injured in Syria:

Of course, no outrage from the warmongers on not respecting Syrias sovereignty. Totally fine that we can just waltz into another country, set up shop, and bomb the shit out of the locals for 10 years straight.

If you wanted to know which country set the precedent for invading sovereign nations, look no further.

#imperialism #hypocrites

Hey KGBot. I’m pretty sure you posted this exact same story before.

Reactions: Meghan54 and Leeea

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

#imperialism #hypocrites
The US was worried Syria would join the Warsaw Pact so this is really Russia’s fault.

Also you realize you’re a warmonger yourself, right?

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007
The US was worried Syria would join the Warsaw Pact so this is really Russia’s fault.

So we invaded Syria because they made a decision we didn’t agree with? That’s a legitimate reason to invade a sovereign country in your eyes…Ok if you say so bud.

Maybe look in the mirror before going around criticizing other countries for invading sovereign nations.

And the US government may want to start paying attention to the Middle East if they want to stay relevant there. China has brokered a deal to restore relations between SA and Iran. Russia is close to brokering a deal between SA and Syria. Won’t be long before Syria and Turkey settle their differences too. At that point, US and Israel will be isolated in the region. Wouldn’t surprise me if you start seeing the Iranians droning the shit out of US bases in Syria because they already know the US has low public support for Syrian occupation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

Ding ding ding. Russia started it and he supports them, so he's a warmonger all right!

You gotta call things as they are..

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So we invaded Syria because they made a decision we didn’t agree with? That’s a legitimate reason to invade a sovereign country in your eyes…Ok if you say so bud.

Maybe look in the mirror before going around criticizing other countries for invading sovereign nations.

And the US government may want to start paying attention to the Middle East if they want to stay relevant there. China has brokered a deal to restore relations between SA and Iran. Russia is close to brokering a deal between SA and Syria. Won’t be long before Syria and Turkey settle their differences too. At that point, US and Israel will be isolated in the region. Wouldn’t surprise me if you start seeing the Iranians droning the shit out of US bases in Syria because they already know the US has low public support for Syrian occupation.

Did you not realize I was making fun of you?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

An act of self-defense in response to an Iranian attack is completely analogous to Russian raping, torturing, executing civilians, kidnapping children, trying to wipe out Ukrainian culture as well as it's ability to grow food? Jesus you are one stupid motherfucker. One that doesn't understand irony either apparently. You described Putin's action moron.

How did you get this stupid? Did you drop out of school or is some kind of congenital issue at play here? I've heard freshmen in highschool sound more informed than you, and damnit I wish that was an exaggeration.

Your mission to embarrass yourself and suck off fascists continues successfully. I just think it's a pity you clearly don't have friends. Or a brain. Stupidity is choice for you, as you keep demonstrating.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
An act of self-defense in response to an Iranian attack is completely analogous to Russian raping, torturing, executing civilians, kidnapping children, trying to wipe out Ukrainian culture as well as it's ability to grow food? Jesus you are one stupid motherfucker. One that doesn't understand irony either apparently. You described Putin's action moron.

How did you get this stupid? Did you drop out of school or is some kind of congenital issue at play here? I've heard freshmen in highschool sound more informed than you, and damnit I wish that was an exaggeration.

Your mission to embarrass yourself and suck off fascists continues successfully. I just think it's a pity you clearly don't have friends. Or a brain. Stupidity is choice for you, as you keep demonstrating.
Tankies gonna tankie.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
I have no clue; i was an eng; and not involved in the business or intellectual side of things (beyond adding my solutions to problems).

Legally enforced subservience to the CCP doesn't help. Hope they didn't rip you off.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Tankies gonna tankie.

For sure. I remind myself that in way he's actually helping the cause of Ukrainian freedom though. His particular brand of continuous fail really doesn't do anything for the fascists he has such a hard on for. He just keeps volunteering to demonstrate why his side is wrong, what a coward he is. How thoughtful, right?

I like to think everytime dipshit here cites Mearsheimer a platoon of orcs meets an unpleasant, crispy end.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

By the way as an anti-war person you have to admit it’s awesome to see the Russian invaders dying in scores. It’s a great lesson to future invaders.

Right? More dead Russians is good?

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007

Act of self defense…that’s hilarious considering WE are the ones who invaded THEM, and get pissed when they attack us for being on THEIR land.

‘How dare they strike us while we are their plundering that natural resources!’

Funny stuff.

Maybe we should set the example by pulling out of Syria before telling other countries on what to do militarily. Just a thought…

• Haha

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Act of self defense…that’s hilarious considering WE are the ones who invaded THEM, and get pissed when they attack us for being on THEIR land.

‘How dare they strike us while we are their plundering that natural resources!’

Funny stuff.

Maybe we should set the example by pulling out of Syria before telling other countries on what to do militarily. Just a thought…

When are you going to stop being a coward and fight for Putin's glory?

Reactions: Meghan54

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007
When are you going to stop being a coward and fight for Putin's glory?

Go ask the warmongers in this thread bud. I’m not the one posting tweets of humans being blown to pieces and celebrating it like a psychopath.

I am rooting for diplomacy, which is how most wars end.