Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 1004 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 11, 2004
We didn't the fucking Ukrainian people did after the pro Russian government lied to its own people

why are you being so dishonest ?

You're wondering why someone with the username bshole is being dishonest?
The Yahoo Grifter Legions that fight in Ukraine . . . often amongst themselves.

^^^ Stolen valor and stolen money. Sorry to say, but if a guy routinely dresses in all black, lies about his military service and scoots around on a Harley, he might just be an asshole. Don't give him or his "organization" your money.

Yeah, one of the (many) unfortunate outcomes of modern fascism, especially that spread by Russia is its basically turning the right wing shithead militia asswipes in the US into the shitass Wagner group like mercenaries, where they're either scumfucking scammers or worse, if they end up actually going to war are going to end up committing atrocities.

Which, one of the (many) unfortunate outcomes of Vietnam is that it very well might have played a key role in the "golden age" of serial killers, as many of them went to Vietnam (although many of them also were so obviously not fit for duty that the military either made them do shit like radio operators or the like), and that's where they got their first taste of things (being able to abuse sex workers, possibly murder them, killing civilians, taking hostages, etc) that led them on that path. But a lot of the toxic dudebro garbage ass mentality is still a prevalent part of military, and that filtering back into society often leads to bad outcomes. Hell I think our current situation (for instance the insurrection) can be traced almost directly to the after affects of our militarization post 9/11.

Reactions: KMFJD and zinfamous

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
You're wondering why someone with the username bshole is being dishonest?

Yeah, one of the (many) unfortunate outcomes of modern fascism, especially that spread by Russia is its basically turning the right wing shithead militia asswipes in the US into the shitass Wagner group like mercenaries, where they're either scumfucking scammers or worse, if they end up actually going to war are going to end up committing atrocities.

Which, one of the (many) unfortunate outcomes of Vietnam is that it very well might have played a key role in the "golden age" of serial killers, as many of them went to Vietnam (although many of them also were so obviously not fit for duty that the military either made them do shit like radio operators or the like), and that's where they got their first taste of things (being able to abuse sex workers, possibly murder them, killing civilians, taking hostages, etc) that led them on that path. But a lot of the toxic dudebro garbage ass mentality is still a prevalent part of military, and that filtering back into society often leads to bad outcomes. Hell I think our current situation (for instance the insurrection) can be traced almost directly to the after affects of our militarization post 9/11.
Holy shit, our present can be traced back to our past? Aint that some shit.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
It's amazing how this is like the Godfather except real life.

China (Barzini) is behind the plan of Russia (Tatalia) starting a war and using Syria (Carlo Rizzi) to distract us.

Lets not be stupid like Sunny (revenge against Syria) and stay focused on the big picture like Don Corleone!

And really it is just the 5 families having all the control (USA, NATO, China, Russia and OPEC) vying for control of the new world order!

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
WuH3MyS.png

Imagine that guys's face whilst pulling 5 or 6 Gs, ahaha
...starting to think that's not the pilot right? was there ever real confirmation that the plane survived or not? I actually never followed up on this little nugget. Saying, I may have completely missed/not read much about this after it broke last week or whenever, because I know I didn't. I'm still in my brain seeing that first released video which never really suggested that the Russian plane survived...

Reactions: Leeea

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Do you actually have experience with modern STEM teaching in grade school? At least what I've seen, it has far more critical thinking, logic, and allegbric thinking than what I was taught in the 90s. Math was pure memorization when I was in elementary, now it's far more the theory of math. Reading is the same way, I was taught mostly reading memorization, while my first grader is not only taught phonetically but also the theory and history of the different sounds.

STEAM is a thing (the A is for "Art" and so...6 disciplines of creativity and critical thinking that formed the entirety of human-gained logical knowledge over the first 98% of time of our entire recorded existence....get distilled into the <20% range of k-12 (I think K-7 or 8, really) education.

So like, yes, that model is clearly better in direct comparison, but stepping on a brass nail is better than stepping on a rattlesnake. When we get our young humans to the points that their brains are actually ready for advanced human communication, interaction, and problem solving (really 17-23)...we tend to remove that focus to actually train those skills for the rest of their lives (funding and access), and shove them down the pathway of robots. Then we get Trump voters and fucking Yuri Russian apologists. Fucking sheep robots.

It's not really a mystery at this point. It's all over the walls.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
It occurred to me that the likely reason for Russia to put Nuclear weapons in Belarus is they can later invade Belarus to protect their nuclear weapons - after all given the proximity to Russia there seems little strategic advantage to put the weapons there - er strategic from a military pserspective.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It occurred to me that the likely reason for Russia to put Nuclear weapons in Belarus is they can later invade Belarus to protect their nuclear weapons - after all given the proximity to Russia there seems little strategic advantage to put the weapons there - er strategic from a military pserspective.

Im skeptical Russia ever transfers weapons there. They’ll just lever the threat.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Meh, Belarus *is* Russia by all intents.. Belarus is what Putin wanted Ukraine to be. WELL FUCK YOU TO THAT PUTIN EH? YOU SEE THIS BIRD? FUCK YOU. TWICE OVER.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Sooner than later Putin is going to realize that forcing the present generation of young Russians to die by the hundreds of thousands in order to make his myopic dream of world dominance come true is a pipe dream that is going strangle him in a really ugly kind of way. Trump being reelected in '20 and now in '24 seems to be a key factor in the way he plans and executes this "special military operation" of his.

Reactions: cytg111

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
...starting to think that's not the pilot right? was there ever real confirmation that the plane survived or not? I actually never followed up on this little nugget. Saying, I may have completely missed/not read much about this after it broke last week or whenever, because I know I didn't. I'm still in my brain seeing that first released video which never really suggested that the Russian plane survived...

I didn't see any confirmation, but pretty sure if he went down it would have been noticed by now. Russian jets are usually rough the edges and kinda rugged; that was just a wee tap to a small prop which wasn't severe enough to cause an immediate loss of control to the drone. Maybe he had to ditch what was on the wing tip but I think he got back fine. And now he's being used for PR to refute Western observations, the way the orcs who ravaged Bucha were. Putin decorated those assholes for theft, arson, and the rape, murder and torturing of Ukrainian civilians. At least this pilot isn't a war criminal, he was just doing what he was told in a place the Russians have always been super touchy about.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
See, Russia has MAGA too!
It's all in the Microsoft Chips from Bill Gates. Or something.
Targeting information couldn't possibly come from any other source....

Holy shit we pulled off a covert op if she is right. Given that Sputnik was developed by Russians, manufactured in Russian plants, and administered by Russians who control the entire supply chain.

Go CIA!