Pointless Disconnected Blabs, Ramblings and Utterances

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
My sock is crusty. I got this weird itchy blister on my foot. No infection, just full of fluid, so I walked, around, kind of seems like a necessity, instead of crawling, and blister broke.

It was not chafing, that's the odd part. It's like my foot started sweating faster than the sweat glands could get rid of liquid. Maybe fungus or something, but strange to happen so fast, all of a sudden.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Also, do any of you have to deal with idiots who don't understand sound?

I mean if you have some loud sound permeating an area, and you are near another loud sound, and someone thinks they can talk in a normal tone and expect you to hear them, if they aren't even speaking in your direction?

I raised my voice stating "I can't hear you", as a hint, that, hey idiot, maybe you need to raise your voice in this scenario, and the person is like "why are you yelling at me".. effin' karens.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Have you ever been around people who are just too stupid to move around? I mean they can't be around other people because they don't understand, that when around other people, you watch where other people are, and you plan your moves to avoid running into them.

I mean that seems like a very simple thing right? You notice where other people are, and you have many years of practice doing such a simple thing. Either you move from one location to another around them, or you don't and let them have their move instead.. What you don't do is go slow and block an intersection of space, stand there like a dumbass and get in the way, the worst of all possible choices that also maximizes the chances of collision.

I suppose I'm stating, either get something done or GTF out of the way.

Nov 17, 2019
Reflections.

I had a few. More and more to mention.

I guess it's an eye thing as time goes on. More sensitive to and taking longer to recover from bright flashes. Sun and bright lights are bugging me.

Nov 17, 2019
Why do people have pet rabbits? What is the purpose? You can't take it for a walk or play fetch. It won't unravel a ball of string or chase mice.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Why does Larry Tribe look like the ghost of ConLaw past?

He's only 15 years older and wrote the conlaw case book I used in law school. Shit. Now I have to completely re-evaluate my life.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Why do people play fetch? If you didn't throw the thing, you wouldn't need it brought back. ;)
Not sure but an oblique reference to canis lupus familiaris might not go amiss. Otherwise, "catch" might be what you're looking for - even if to an observer, it might seem like "fetch."

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
There's been a noticeable decrease in all insect activity here this year, except ants. It's possibly due to some twit on a segway, that went door to door selling "natural" pesticide lawn treatments, pimped as being made out of marigolds... nevermind the neonicotinoid in the fine print!

My summer crops need the pollinators!

• Wow
Reactions: VirtualLarry
Nov 17, 2019
Just heard (another) low, deep rumble. Hear 'em a couple of times a month, more often recently that in months past not too long ago.

Not registering as 'Quakes. I'll have to guess it's the quarries blasting. Maybe more often as they get deeper.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
If they wake the balrog... well, I guess it would be about how the 2020s have been going anyway.

Nov 17, 2019
I bought 5 gallons of gas for the mowers on May 27th. I haven't used an ounce of it. I had some in both mowers and a little in a can from earlier, but in most years, all of that would be gone and half of the new can.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
^ Yeah we've had a weird spring here. Supposedly we were above average for rainfall the past couple months, but the weather man was just telling us "averages" for the broader area while much of the rain clouds split directions and went around us. I've mowed less than average, little more than once a week.

In the past month I've probably mowed about 5 times and used 3 gallons, including mixing up a fresh 1/2 gallon for the weed wacker. One of these days I'll get a cordless weed wacker but mine is pretty nice (Redmax/Shindaiwa) and still runs very well despite going on 20 years old, so I'm waiting for multiple failure points to call it "worn out" and will repair little things like when it needed a new fuel line.

Last edited:

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Amazon van pulls up, leaves package on my porch, and emails me that my order was delivered including a pic of it on my porch.

Package was addressed to my next door neighbor, is not mine, plus obvious what was in the bag was not what I ordered.

Went to do online chat with amazon CSR. Something has changed with their chat, now they try harder to steer you to an automated solution which doesn't have choices for less common situations like this, had to click the live person icon at the bottom of the chat window to get anywhere. It then stated up to an hour wait, but fortunately the wait was only a minute.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019
I'm on another board chock full of Rednecks that are all happy in recent days. It's almost unreal. I stay because there is some good information on the main topics.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Next door neighbors are out of town, letting other neighbors/friends' young children use their pool, and day after day, squeal squeal squeal. Why do pools make young children squeal so much? They never came over to use the pool this much when the pool owners were home.

Nov 17, 2019
So, I get this email from CitiBank ......

----------

Effective June 19, 2022, Citi has removed overdraft fees, returned item fees and overdraft protection transfer fees.* You don't need to do anything — U.S. Citi consumer checking customers automatically have their overdraft fees removed.
What does this mean?

Overdrafts
Eliminated $34 fee

Non-sufficient funds
Eliminated $34 fee

Overdraft protection
Eliminated $10 safety check fee
and $10 checking plus fee

--------

Is that a thing other banks are doing?

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
A 42102B is a nylon gear with 42 teeth, modus 0.5, OD ~21.8mm, ID (shaft) 2mm, reduction gear 10 teeth, 6mm OD, ~4mm height, large plate thickness 1.5mm.

It was in my uncle's animated Halloween display, sans one of the 42 teeth. I need to learn to say "no" to people but he has arrested development due to a neurological abnormality.

original damaged gear.jpg

Last edited: