Penn State protects child rapist that was former famous D-Coordinator

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WT

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
It's going to be brutal for him and the team at the Horseshoe and Camp Randall in the coming weeks.

Should be interesting to see if the team rallies around the retiring coach and wins maybe 2 of the last three against their toughest opponents yet - Nebraska, OSU and Wisconsin. It may be brutal for him personally, but that team has incentive to fight for their reputation now.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
1mLj9.jpg

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
Suspended with pay pending investigation. Problem solved.

Penn state will look back on the decision to let him coach this week as a colossal mistake someday.

PSU's AD and President already made worse decisions

I did my undergraduate at Michigan and I've been in Wisconsin for four years now. Wisco's student section is easily rowdier and cruder than Michigan's, but I've never seen anyone at either school try to outright injure anyone. (I've only seen that once, at Spartan Stadium, but the few students doing that got tossed out of the game in a hurry.) I've also never seen a student section cheer or boo an injured player, aside from a few where a defense was clearly gassed and feigning injury to slow the game down. :p Which school are you at? Hell, even at the Michigan/Ohio State game, I've never seen fans from either school be downright malicious to each other.

this. I have been a Illinois season ticket holder before, seen dome drunk stuff, but nothing that serious that wasnt looked down on by the fans as a whole

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
"This is a tragedy," Paterno said in the statement announcing his retirement, which the university released Wednesday morning. "It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more."

Paterno finally says what he should have said 3 days ago. /golfclap

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally Posted by FelixDeKat
I blame this on Michael Jackson and the education system. Speaking of the latter, it is well known that tens of thousands educators have done everything imaginable to children sexually and will continue to do so. The number of educators, including coaches, etc, involved in crimes against children is so astonishing we are numb to it. They outnumber the number of priests involved in scandal by 1000 to 1.

When that notorious child molester and rapist Michael Jackson was set free by sympathetic juries it sent a message to dirty teachers and coaches that it was ok to molest because if he could get away with it, certainly they could too.

We should subject all teachers and anyone else in contact with children to annual surprise psycological evalutations and make them carry liability insurance just in case they arent caught by this method of invasive questioning.

link or stfu.
edit: and actually, MJ apparently never molested or raped anyone. You should look at the court documents. And it's not an issue of winning the case (like OJ, who clearly is a murderer).

Just one of Michael Jacksons exploits-

mjdec1.gif

for the NSFW stuff, you have to click here - http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/jacko-original-child-abuse-allegations?page=2

He was a dirty pedo, just like the teacher pedo of the day that gets arrested, but yet atheists like you like to bash the church because its all you like to do, ignoring the others in favor of the group you hate... so YOU can stfu.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
And when I tell you a growing majority of those in education or coaching that molest or rape are growing and outnumber any scandal involving a priest, here are just a few arrests of educators this week:

http://murrieta.patch.com/articles/teacher-arrested-on-suspicion-of-sex-with-minor

http://www.kfyrtv.com/News_Stories.asp?news=53270

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/news/doncaster-news/teacher_jailed_for_sex_offences_1_3950467

You know I could do this everyday forever. They outnumber the clergy more than a thousand to 1.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
He was a dirty pedo, just like the teacher pedo of the day that gets arrested, but yet atheists like you like to bash the church because its all you like to do, ignoring the others in favor of the group you hate... so YOU can stfu.

and yeah. that was the testimony that was thrown out as it was shown to be more probably coercion by the parents than a a factual testimony.

anyway, stop distracting

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
Question:
How many times was JoePa confronted with reports of sandusky's activities?

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
and yeah. that was the testimony that was thrown out as it was shown to be more probably coercion by the parents than a a factual testimony.

anyway, stop distracting

That was testimony that was never submitted jackass. The thing never went to trial because that filthy pedophile Michael Jackson settled knowing his ass was going to jail.

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
Didn't realize Wisconsin had a bunch of classless fans.

You must never have been to a game here in Madison, then. Or around the city anywhere on game day. There are a lot of classless folks. I've coined the term Buckwads to describe them (after Bucky the badger).

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Question:

1998 in the first case that was swept under the rug, 2002 by McQeary, 2008/2009 when a school reported it to police and that district banned Sandusky. At least 3 times Jopa had to have heard of it and ignored turning his friend in to the police or even following up on his 2002 "passing it up the line".

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
And when I tell you a growing majority of those in education or coaching that molest or rape are growing and outnumber any scandal involving a priest, here are just a few arrests of educators this week:

http://murrieta.patch.com/articles/teacher-arrested-on-suspicion-of-sex-with-minor

http://www.kfyrtv.com/News_Stories.asp?news=53270

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/news/doncaster-news/teacher_jailed_for_sex_offences_1_3950467

You know I could do this everyday forever. They outnumber the clergy more than a thousand to 1.

inappropriate relationship /= pedo. You need to learn how to define terms.

10,000 : 1? roflsocks, From where do you pull this BS that you have yet to verify?

besides, the majority of those kids are more or less adults, legally. unlike the child raping that was going on with PSU and the Catholic Church--those were children, not young men and women that you have linked. In such cases, they are represented, as adults, to make decisions for themselves.

These are not cases of rape.

Anyway, this "discussion" does nothing.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That was testimony that was never submitted jackass. The thing never went to trial because that filthy pedophile Michael Jackson settled knowing his ass was going to jail.

Jackson was one weird motherfucker. but pedophile? lolno.

they didn't settle simply because of money--they settled because they had no case. the testimony wouldn't hold up.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Stolen from another site:

Fun with anagrams:

Paterno = Rape not

Sandusky = Kyds Anus

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
1998 in the first case that was swept under the rug, 2002 by McQeary, 2008/2009 when a school reported it to police and that district banned Sandusky. At least 3 times Jopa had to have heard of it and ignored turning his friend in to the police or even following up on his 2002 "passing it up the line".

And allowed him at the practice facilities as late as last week. this, after his keys were supposedly "taken away".

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
Originally Posted by FelixDeKat
I blame this on Michael Jackson and the education system. Speaking of the latter, it is well known that tens of thousands educators have done everything imaginable to children sexually and will continue to do so. The number of educators, including coaches, etc, involved in crimes against children is so astonishing we are numb to it. They outnumber the number of priests involved in scandal by 1000 to 1.

When that notorious child molester and rapist Michael Jackson was set free by sympathetic juries it sent a message to dirty teachers and coaches that it was ok to molest because if he could get away with it, certainly they could too.

We should subject all teachers and anyone else in contact with children to annual surprise psycological evalutations and make them carry liability insurance just in case they arent caught by this method of invasive questioning.

Just one of Michael Jacksons exploits-

mjdec1.gif

for the NSFW stuff, you have to click here - http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/jacko-original-child-abuse-allegations?page=2

Tens of thousands? Thousand to 1 teacher to priest ratio? GOt any numbers to back that up?

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
Tens of thousands? Thousand to 1 teacher to priest ratio? GOt any numbers to back that up?

I am guessing the ratio is high even if the particular number was retrieved rectally. There are wayyyyyyyy more teachers and other school staff than catholic priests in the US.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
Question:

the only time that is known for sure is 2002(unless I missed part of the 1998 one). Just because the PD were called doesnt mean anyone outside the situation knows anything. speeddemon is guessing.

7window

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2009
Lets be honest here. Let say you work for a 500 million dollar private company and you are close to the owner. The owners sister also works there and you two are good friends. One night you go in the office and see the owner humping a 10 year old boy. What would you guys do?

Feb 6, 2007
Lets be honest here. Let say you work for a 500 million dollar private company and you are close to the owner. The owners sister also works there and you two are good friends. One night you go in the office and see the owner humping a 10 year old boy. What would you guys do?

Sandusky was lower on the totem pole than JoePa. It's not like if he had been reported, the entire business would cease to exist.