Opera PWNS all!!!!

GamerExpress

Banned
Aug 28, 2005
I have been a steadfast Firefox user for well over a year now, I just couldn't see any other browser that could compare to it. The Firefox days are now over for me, I gave Opera a try as well as many other alternative browsers in the past and they never really impressed me. I recently was hounded by a few coworkers who insisted that Opera is much more stable with the same speed as Firefox, so I gave it a try.

WOW this browser is awesome, much better media compatibility then Firefox, faster, and way better options!!! I must say to those out there still using Firefox or IE, just give the new version of Opera chance for a day, you will be switching cause it's bada$$.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Give the wand and hand guesture a try and you will never ever go back to another browser.

**EDIT**
It increases your NEFFING efficiency 200% ;)

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
NO WAI!

Originally posted by: iwantanewcomputer
doesn't it have ads built in the browser? who wants that

Some people just pay the $20 to get the 1280x1024 banner taken out, but most just illegally hack it out.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
FF + Greasemonkey + your imagination and JS Skill = uber alles browser

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Opera stinks on secure websites. Doesn't work with either of my banks or my company's intranet.

GamerExpress

Banned
Aug 28, 2005
Originally posted by: iwantanewcomputer
doesn't it have ads built in the browser? who wants that

No, it doesn't!!!! This is the full version now, they used to only give out a free version that was add supported. The new version they give the full thing away for free!!

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
I just switched to Opera as well. They both use too much damn memory, but for whatever reason Firefox uses way too much CPU on my computer so I dumped its ass. Not only that, Firefox likes to crash...

GamerExpress

Banned
Aug 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Scouzer
I just switched to Opera as well. They both use too much damn memory, but for whatever reason Firefox uses way too much CPU on my computer so I dumped its ass. Not only that, Firefox likes to crash...

Yep you got it, it loves to crash that's what made me finally make the switch. I have been using FF sid by side with Opera for the past week, there just really is not comparison any longer, Opera kicks FF's A$$. For the comment about secure websites, I find that not true at all, I don't have one problem on any secure sites including my banking sites.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
wait until you figure out mouse gestures...you'll never go back to another browser (with the exception of IE for the few pages that don't work).

-=bmacd=-

GamerExpress

Banned
Aug 28, 2005

Originally posted by: Nik
Originally posted by: DaShen
I tried Opera. It sucks. I went back to FF after 2 weeks.

not after you get all the updates.

Yes, after the udpates.

Strange that I just find Opera so much better now, I guess to each his own. I just don't understand what advantages FF has over Opera at this point, maybe you can expain them to me.

GamerExpress

Banned
Aug 28, 2005
Originally posted by: mdchesne
opera
I actually support firefox so far, as I have not tried Opera

Nice pic, give Opera a try, see if you like at all....if you don't then go back to FF. It never hurts to give a try, I am glad I did it's well worth it.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: GamerExpress

Originally posted by: DaShen
I tried Opera. It sucks. I went back to FF after 2 weeks.

not after you get all the updates.

Yes, after the udpates.

Strange that I just find Opera so much better now, I guess to each his own. I just don't understand what advantages FF has over Opera at this point, maybe you can expain them to me.

Or the reverse. :)

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
The stabliity thing i think is weird... FF is for me at least, parallel to IE in reliability.. if it crashes once every 6 months i get worried.. :p (It's rock stable)

archcommus

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
I don't accept a browser that can't display all my pages properly, so, never leaving IE.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
yea its sweet except i havee cookie issues with 8.5, only way to fix the issues if to format and reinstall and then install 8.5 fresh
if i update to 8.5 from 8.0 it fvcks up, both when installing over its self and installing it as its own install, still happens

and 8.5 seems to eat ram like a mofo, i coudl keep 8.0 under 40 megs more or less all the time unless i have like 100 tabs open

8.5 will grow to well over 100 with a few pages open

arod

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2000
has anybody found a good easy way to block inpage ads? I loved firefox's adblock extension but havent seen anything similar for opera yet.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: arod
has anybody found a good easy way to block inpage ads? I loved firefox's adblock extension but havent seen anything similar for opera yet.

google for Opera Adblock

it uses a filter.ini ffile and works pretty well, you can eeven make it block flash, it just isnt as easy as the rigt click - block image like in FF