Oops! Biden's turn in the Classified Documents barrel.

Page 44 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Well you're living in the past.

Here's where we are today:

I was calling out your statement that 2020 wasn't a large or decisive win; it was both. Don't talk about living in the past, it was your comment I was responding to.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Well your reading comprehension sucks then. Because nothing I said implied that.

Oh I can be rough around the edges but I've had plenty of civil conversations where people just repeat dumb shit. Like what this guy dank, about fuck people who don't just get Biden right away and need anything more, they deserve Trump. And I'm the jerk. Wack. I can barely get people to even acknowledge that Biden is a pretty weak candidate in the first place, so we can at least understand how to approach people who are not inspired. It's like a cult of defend my guy at all costs and ignore the reality around us. Yes that frustrates me and I lash out sometimes.

If you learn how to read better I'll converse with you. Otherwise stop completely lying about what I'm saying, if you even understand it in the first place. Unless you want to blame me being a little agitated for not understanding my pretty clear posts?

I said nothing that was negative to you in my first post. Sarcastic, sure. Disagreeing with you. Sure. But I posted my thoughts. You took it, and instead of responding to my point, you decided to make personal attacks. That's not being rough around the edges. That's you being a completely jackass. It proves you have zero arguments in favor of your point. That's a fact. You had zero arguments against what I said, and instead resorted to personal attacks. At this point, I'd say it is because you lack the mental capacity to make proper counter arguments.

I know your type. You're one of those Internet badasses that talk shit because you hide behind the anonymity of the Internet. Because you lack the mental capacity to make proper counter arguments with others, you make personal attacks instead. Hell, this second post, which I'm quoting, contains even more personal attacks.

My post to you was not in any way overly negative, and in no way a personal attack against you. I pointed out a different way of thinking. But maybe because someone dared disagree with you, you resorted to personal attacks. If you want someone to suck your three inch dick, go elsewhere. I've always spoken my mind. I've argued with many people, on these forums and elsewhere, and always try to be civil. That doesn't mean I won't poke fun at someone every now and then. I've been wrong at times, and have been right at times. Part of discussions is using facts and thoughts to try to prove your point.

With you, it seems like personal attacks are the only way you know how to make counter arguments. That's not looking for a discussion. That's just you being a raging jackass.

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
Optics matter in politics.

Right now, people see Trump as a "gangster", that's why Italian Americans and the Gottis like him, etc.

Biden does not look like a "take charge" person.

He needs to stop looking old, and start acting like an older businessman with swag. Like a Jerry Jones.

Trump acts like a Jerry Jones. Biden acts like a nursing home patient. That's the problem.

Optics.

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba and ivwshane

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Optics matter in politics.

Right now, people see Trump as a "gangster", that's why Italian Americans and the Gottis like him, etc.

Biden does not look like a "take charge" person.

He needs to stop looking old, and start acting like an older businessman with swag. Like a Jerry Jones.

Trump acts like a Jerry Jones. Biden acts like a nursing home patient. That's the problem.

Optics.
Did you just say all Italian Americans like gangsters?

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
Did you just say all Italian Americans like gangsters?
Yes, not the majority of them......a lot of them embrace The Godfather, Scarface, etc. Trump acts like that, hence Trump's support in Italian American areas in Philly, etc. Places that were once Biden's base.

• Haha
Reactions: Roger Wilco

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Yes, not the majority of them......a lot of them embrace The Godfather, Scarface, etc. Trump acts like that, hence Trump's support in Italian American areas in Philly, etc. Places that were once Biden's base.

Biden walloped Trump in Philly and the surrounding counties.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
As someone who grew up in the Philly suburbs around lots of people of Italian descent I have no idea what this guy is talking about. You will be shocked to learn all the Italians in my area weren't Jersey Shore extras who quoted the Godfather all day.

Next you are going to tell me this is not the PA electorate:

The-Sopranos_01_Binge_supplied.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: brycejones

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
As someone who grew up in the Philly suburbs around lots of people of Italian descent I have no idea what this guy is talking about. You will be shocked to learn all the Italians in my area weren't Jersey Shore extras who quoted the Godfather all day.

How many have you run into that're liberal minded? Is it more than you can count on one hand?

Reactions: GettyRoad

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017

As a Philly native, I was friends with a kid that played a small role in one of the Godfather films. I knew tons of Italian people (some very into organized crime and are still serving time). The working class machismo culture was very real.

And yet Trump got PLOWED in Philly.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
How many have you run into that're liberal minded? Is it more than you can count on one hand?
Of course - they spanned the entire political spectrum (or at least their parents did as I was a kid). While there were a couple people I can think of who really leaned into the Italian thing the vast majority of them didn't give a shit.

Reactions: GettyRoad

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Ok, this is some shitty work on your part. Please give us the name of your supervisor. I'm sick and tired of the poor quality trolling we get.

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
Exactly....a lot of Silent, Boomer and Gen X Italian Americans are wrapped in this Columbus crap, I personally don't care for Christopher Columbus, but Gen Z and these other generations are going to clash on that....

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
As a Philly native, I was friends with a kid that played a small role in one of the Godfather films. I knew tons of Italian people (some very into organized crime and are still serving time). The working class machismo culture was very real.

And yet Trump got PLOWED in Philly.
Because Philly is predominately minority, more-working class than NYC. However, Philly has remnants of the Frank Rizzo Italian American culture that's still there. Those people today are a majority of white Philly cops---Biden's original political base....swingy white voters.....

Those people voted for Joe in 2020, probably didn't for Hillary in 2016, but those types will flip the state back to red, or remain blue.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Because Philly is predominately minority, more-working class than NYC. However, Philly has remnants of the Frank Rizzo Italian American culture that's still there. Those people today are a majority of white Philly cops---Biden's original political base....swingy white voters.....

Those people voted for Joe in 2020, probably didn't for Hillary in 2016, but those types will flip the state back to red, or remain blue.

“probably”

That’s an interesting word for someone with such strong convictions.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
A lot of Italian American men don't like women who are strong. Hence their hatred of Nancy Pelosi, etc.

One of your dumber statements. And for you, that's saying something. Guess it's hard for someone from Russia to understand other cultures.

Reactions: esquared

Drach

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2022
One of your dumber statements. And for you, that's saying something. Guess it's hard for someone from Russia to understand other cultures.
He's just the new ruzzian AI. They are trying to fine tune it here.

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
Trump expected Taylor Swift to endorse him because he sees her like Carrie Underwood: White, blonde, Republican woman.

Swift is not, and that bothers him obviously.

Carrie Underwood could help him with white women in the burbs, and if he got Cal Ripken or Wayne Gretzky's endorsements, it would help as well, since Ripken and Gretzky are popular with suburban white men.

• Haha

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Trump expected Taylor Swift to endorse him because he sees her like Carrie Underwood: White, blonde, Republican woman.

Carrie Underwood could help him with white women in the burbs, and if he got Cal Ripken or Wayne Gretzky's endorsements, it would help as well, since Ripken and Gretzky are popular with suburban white men.
lol again with the 80’s and 90’s celebrities.

People do not give a single solitary shit what Wayne Gretzky thinks about politics.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Your performance is very poor.

Reactions: nakedfrog