Oops! Biden's turn in the Classified Documents barrel.

Page 43 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I'm just trying to help you understand humanity other than yourselves.

It's apparently impossible.

Maybe if you understood other people, you could get them more engaged with the the options they have now. But you have to understand things first.
The less inspired/informed get more inspired by the more inspired/informed talking up their candidate instead of shitting on their candidate constantly.

Reactions: Brainonska511

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
No. It wasn't trump. I'm surprised you think this is that recent. This tale is as old as time. Pick up a history book. Plenty of history that talk about leaders that inspired, especially in dark times. They need something to believe in.

Does anyone read history?
Obama was inspiring, he also wasn't on TV 24/7 for 8 years straight. Neither was W or Clinton. It's not normal for a president and especially a former president to get non-stop coverage.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
You can worry about fascists taking over and still feel that Biden is unfit. If I was in a swing states and the stakes were higher, of course I'd vote Biden.

But I can safely refuse both garbage options.
Thanks for letting us know you are just a concern troll and not seriously worried about the fascists taking over.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Do you even fully read the posts you reply to anymore?
I read them all brother. Who cares if you're in a red state where your presidential vote doesn't matter. All the totals for Biden need to be as high as possible. For a morale boost. You claim to be scared of the fascist but you're going to write in a president. You're fucking nuts.

Reactions: Indus and Zorba

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Obama was inspiring, he also wasn't on TV 24/7 for 8 years straight. Neither was W or Clinton. It's not normal for a president and especially a former president to get non-stop coverage.
Of course. It's also not normal for a candidate to be this hidden from large media appearances so much Not only now but as well as back as Clinton In 92.
And again I've made it pretty clear I don't expect a candidate as great as Obama now either.

You know just someone that can do a fluff interview and also Just kind of look alive and have energy.

Reactions: gothuevos

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Of course. It's also not normal for a candidate to be this hidden from large media appearances so much Not only now but as well as back as Clinton In 92.
I agree, some of it is just that Trump sucks all the oxygen out of the room. If Biden went and did a successful interview, it'd get shown once and disappear. I also don't remember Obama being that front and center at this point in '12.

I agree I wish Biden was out there more and was more inspiring. It'd be great if he was another Clinton or Obama, but that just isn't him. On the flip side he has done a lot that is worth talking about. Much better than if he had been a failed president and was uninspiring.

Regardless, as this point, he is the nominee and bitching about it does no good.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I agree, some of it is just that Trump sucks all the oxygen out of the room. If Biden went and did a successful interview, it'd get shown once and disappear. I also don't remember Obama being that front and center at this point in '12.

I agree I wish Biden was out there more and was more inspiring. It'd be great if he was another Clinton or Obama, but that just isn't him. On the flip side he has done a lot that is worth talking about. Much better than if he had been a failed president and was uninspiring.
Right. And I'm just saying when people who aren't as much political junkies as we are their doubts with Biden. We shouldn't dismiss them like so many here are. If you acknowledge his shortcomings openly then you can sell voting for him better, Rather than tossing around nonsense to try to defend your guy.

I stated How I approach people with doubts about Biden that I know would not vote for Trump. If I listen to some of these posters here I'd be questioning their doubt in Biden at all. And if I was the one guy I'd tell them you're insane you deserve Trump. That's just dumb.

Reactions: Zorba

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
I read them all brother. Who cares if you're in a red state where your presidential vote doesn't matter. All the totals for Biden need to be as high as possible. For a morale boost. You claim to be scared of the fascist but you're going to write in a president. You're fucking nuts.

Do morale boosts give us more EC votes somehow?

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Well, after reading through @MrSquished posts, I am convinced Trump has won. Let's not bother voting. It's already a wrap in favor of Trump. /s

Sure, many would prefer if we had younger candidates we can relate to more, but instead of the doom and gloom shit spouted, how about we look at it another way. The overwhelming majority of Democratic voters would rather have Biden than another four years of Trumpism. And if you thought the first four years of Trump was a shit-show, contrary to what fucking morons think, another four years of Trump is going to be a real fuck-show. I'd vote for Biden 1000x out of 1000x rather than see another second of Trump in office.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Well, after reading through @MrSquished posts, I am convinced Trump has won. Let's not bother voting. It's already a wrap in favor of Trump. /s

Sure, many would prefer if we had younger candidates we can relate to more, but instead of the doom and gloom shit spouted, how about we look at it another way. The overwhelming majority of Democratic voters would rather have Biden than another four years of Trumpism. And if you thought the first four years of Trump was a shit-show, contrary to what fucking morons think, another four years of Trump is going to be a real fuck-show. I'd vote for Biden 1000x out of 1000x rather than see another second of Trump in office.
After reading your post I have one question first, is English your first language?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
We talking current policy, not ancient history. Currently, many Republicans publicly state they want to dismantle the EPA. IIRC Trump weakened the EPA. Don't remember the details though.

It’s pretty sad and telling that to find a positive policy that was implemented by republicans, people have to go all the way back to the 70’s.

Reactions: tweaker2 and dank69

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Yeah, that's a piss-weak argument. If it's not about determining the actual result, but is merely about something as intangible as a "morale boost" it's quite reasonable to think that an uninspiring opposition candidate doesn't merit such a boost. On the contrary, what they need is a bit of a shock to encourage them to buck their ideas up.

It's the very reason I might not vote Labour next time, because the last thing I want is my vote being added to the total to be used to claim vindication for Starmer's timid "don't promise to actually do anything" and "rescind every policy promise you make within months of making them" strategies. If it's purely about sending a 'message' via the vote total, I'd rather that message be sent via a different party, e.g. the Greens, as the 'message' I'd want to send is "please actually change things".

The calculation would be very different if I were in a marginal constituency where there was a possibility of one vote actually mattering to the outcome. But if you are just adding 'one' to the total popular vote you are entirely entitled to add it to someone else's tally if you don't find the official opposition to be much cop.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

Yeah, that's a piss-weak argument. If it's not about determining the actual result, but is merely about something as intangible as a "morale boost" it's quite reasonable to think that an uninspiring opposition candidate doesn't merit such a boost. On the contrary, what they need is a bit of a shock to encourage them to buck their ideas up.

It's the very reason I might not vote Labour next time, because the last thing I want is my vote being added to the total to be used to claim vindication for Starmer's timid "don't promise to actually do anything" and "rescind every policy promise you make within months of making them" strategies. If it's purely about sending a 'message' via the vote total, I'd rather that message be sent via a different party, e.g. the Greens, as the 'message' I'd want to send is "please actually change things".

The calculation would be very different if I were in a marginal constituency where there was a possibility of one vote actually mattering to the outcome. But if you are just adding 'one' to the total popular vote you are entirely entitled to add it to someone else's tally if you don't find the official opposition to be much cop.
The last thing we need right now is for the Democrats to get a shock in the election.

What we need is for Democrats to be able to acknowledge biden's weaknesses and the lack of the party being able to come up with a better candidate, But then show people why he is the best man for the job right now and is not getting the credit he deserves for what he has done.

The problem is that a chunk of Democrats are in denial of how weak the Dems candidate makes them look as a party.

It looks stronger to be able to acknowledge your weaknesses imo to people who are completely turned off by this whole process, disillusioned and may be uninformed too , and rightfully wonder why is this the best we can do against Trump.

As you see here if you even try to do that you're accused of practically wanting Trump to win.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
After reading your post I have one question first, is English your first language?

Yes it is. Based off your attitude, Dicktard is your first language. That's not a question.

Weak-sauce of you to resort to personal attacks because you had zero fucking response to my point.

You need to lay off the anger. People do try to speak to you, but your piss-poor attitude turns many off. Maybe if you got that dick out of your mouth, we could have a civil conversation.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Yes it is. Based off your attitude, Dicktard is your first language. That's not a question.

Weak-sauce of you to resort to personal attacks because you had zero fucking response to my point.

You need to lay off the anger. People do try to speak to you, but your piss-poor attitude turns many off. Maybe if you got that dick out of your mouth, we could have a civil conversation.

Well your reading comprehension sucks then. Because nothing I said implied that.

Oh I can be rough around the edges but I've had plenty of civil conversations where people just repeat dumb shit. Like what this guy dank, about fuck people who don't just get Biden right away and need anything more, they deserve Trump. And I'm the jerk. Wack. I can barely get people to even acknowledge that Biden is a pretty weak candidate in the first place, so we can at least understand how to approach people who are not inspired. It's like a cult of defend my guy at all costs and ignore the reality around us. Yes that frustrates me and I lash out sometimes.

If you learn how to read better I'll converse with you. Otherwise stop completely lying about what I'm saying, if you even understand it in the first place. Unless you want to blame me being a little agitated for not understanding my pretty clear posts?

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999

Yup idiots like him that voted Stein in 2016. And idiots like him won’t do everything possible to ensure the orange monkey loses in a landslide.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Their base

I think you've made my case for me.. 2020 wasn't a large or decisive win and Trump imploding narrative was huge against Hildabeast.

As much as I hate Trump and Trumpanzees I can't bring myself to underestimate their chances..

FFS I'm reminded every time I go to buy pizza by the ahem "Italian Americans"!
Sorry, gotta call bs on this. Trump's 2020 loss was the biggest incumbent loss in history. It was technically a fucking massacre for his campaign and the republican party as a whole.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Sorry, gotta call bs on this. Trump's 2020 loss was the biggest incumbent loss in history. It was technically a fucking massacre for his campaign and the republican party as a whole.

Well you're living in the past.

Here's where we are today: