**OLD THREAD** League of Legends - F2P MOBA (like DOTA)

Page 90 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2006
Lee Sin, the Blind Monk
Sonic Wave / Resonating Strike:

• Sonic Wave: Lee Sin projects a discordant wave of sound to locate his enemies, dealing physical damage to the first enemy it encounters. If Sonic Wave hits, Lee Sin can cast Resonating Strike for the next 3 seconds.
  • Resonating Strike: Lee Sin dashes to the enemy hit by Sonic Wave, dealing physical damage plus 10% of their missing health.

Safeguard / Iron Will

• Safeguard: Lee Sin rushes towards a target ally, shielding them both from damage. If a shield is broken, half the energy cost is returned. After using Safeguard, Lee Sin can cast Iron Will for the next 3 seconds.
  • Iron Will: Lee Sin's intense training allows him to thrive in battle. For 5 seconds, Lee Sin gains lifesteal, spell vamp, and armor.

Tempest / Cripple

• Tempest: Lee Sin smashes the ground sending out a shockwave that deals magic damage and reveals enemy units hit. If Tempest hits an enemy, Lee Sin can cast cripple for the next 3 seconds.
  • Cripple: Lee Sin cripples nearby enemies revealed by Tempest, reducing their Movement and Attack Speed for 4 seconds. Movement and Attack Speed recover gradually over the duration.

Dragon's Rage (Ultimate)

• Lee Sin performs a powerful roundhouse kick launching his target back, dealing physical damage to the target and any enemies they collide with. Enemies the target collides with are knocked into the air for a short duration.
  • Flurry (Passive)
  • After Lee Sin uses an ability, his next 2 basic attacks gain 50% Attack Speed and return 10 energy each.

Akali

• Akali is no longer a ninja

Alistar

• Pulverize now slams enemies into the ground instead of into the air
  • Headbutt has been changed to Rocket Grab
  • Alistar is now a ninja

Amumu

• Amumu is now happy
  • Emumu skin has been replaced with Punkmumu

Annie

• Annie has grown up and is now a teenager
  • Tibbers now wears armor

Blitzcrank

• Blitzcrank now giggles whenever he uses Power Fist

Cassiopeia

• Cassiopeia has been removed from the League following an incident involving a plane
  • We’re tired of all the Miss Fortuning snakes, on that Miss Fortuning plane

Cho’Gath

• Cho’Gath now starts the game the same size as if he had 6 feasts
  • Feast still increases Cho’Gath’s size
  • Bushes can no longer stealth Cho’Gath

Corki

• Valkyrie is now global
  • Gatling Gun now heals teammates as well as damaging enemies
  • Corki can now fly over obstacles without using Valkyrie

Dr. Mundo

• Dr. Mundo decided that he enjoys the color blue
  • Dr. Mundo now has mana
  • None of his ability costs have changed

Fiddlesticks

• Crowstorm now triggers Terrify on all enemies caught in the area of effect
  • Terrify’s Fear duration has been increased to 10 seconds at all ranks
  • Fiddlesticks has been removed from the League

Galio

• Now shouts “DEMACIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” while channeling Idol of Durand

Gangplank

• Gangplank’s model has been replaced with a targeting reticle
  • Gangplank now fights from his boat
  • Parrrley is now global
  • His VO has been reworked to be shouted from a distance and includes far more laughter

Gragas

• Gragas is now sober

Garen

• Courage has been removed and replaced with a new ability

New Ability – Plant Grass

• Garen infects an area with grass seeds, causing additional brush to grow over the next 30 seconds. When brush is fully grown, it can be used by allies and enemies

Jax

• Jax can no longer dodge
  • Jax’s lamppost has been deemed overpowered and replaced by a rocket launcher
  • All of Jax’s abilities are now ranged and blow things up
  • Jax can now dodge again
Nidalee

• Age reduced by 10 years
  • Aspect of the Cougar has been renamed to Aspect of the Puma

Pantheon

• Grand Skyfall has been renamed to the more appropriate: “Man Drop”

Sion

• Sion has taken a sabbatical from the League to pursue a lifelong dream of teaching Kindergarten
  • He’ll be back

Sivir

• Ricochet bounces now apply on-hit effects such as Tiamat and Madred’s Bloodrazor

Sona

• Now requires skill to play

Teemo

• Cuteness increased by 10%
  • Teemo may no longer be the target of hostile attacks or abilities

Tryndamere

• Undying Rage has been renamed to Endless Rage
  • Endless Rage now has infinite duration

Zilean

• Zilean can now travel back in time creating new realities and tangent universes in the process
  • Something has gone terribly wrong

Items:

• New Item: Yordle Saddle. Any yordle champion can buy this new item to ride Cho'Gath.
  • Wriggle's Lantern: new unique passive: taunts nearby Jaxes (both enemy and allied)
  • Tiamat has been renamed to Tamat

zebano

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
Can anyone report on if all the characters who left the league are actually unavailable today?

Chapbass

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
Hey all, brand new league of legends player here. Started playing with a few friends, so if you feel like playing, add me! Username: parmand.

Last edited:

Firsttime

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2005
I just had an insane game with Lee, I was Sion and my lanemate was Lee. It was a straight rapefest. Something like 10 kills in lane in the first 10 minutes. Then they gave up.

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
are those patches actually in for fun or is it just a joke? I saw lee sin was really in but haven't had a chance to actually play.

I am guessing that they aren't, but it would be fun(ny)

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
Hey cool I decided to try and play the game again this morning, and the launcher is broken. :(

Oct 25, 2006
Whats your favorite?

Cho' Gath. He's is too awesome. The feast nerf made me so sad but he is my "I NEED TO WIN RIGHT NOW" character.

He is a damn amazing laner because of his rupture and passive. And during a team fight he is beefy to take some damage but still does enough damage to be a threat. His rupture and silence is amazing in a team fight because of the silence, stun, and slow and his feast destroys tanks.

Just went 8/0/8 yesterday with him.

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
I havnt played that hero yet, maybe he will be playable for free sometime.

Has anyone played annie? How is she overall? Playing versus intermediate bots, she seems to rape me very quickly.

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
God hates you.

Quite impossible, ol' chap. In case you missed it, I'm his goto guy. Everyone knows this.

Oh and I got it working again. But my long hiatus means I have no clue what I'm doing, what these crazy champs are doing, and I die a lot.

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004
Quite impossible, ol' chap. In case you missed it, I'm his goto guy. Everyone knows this.

Oh and I got it working again. But my long hiatus means I have no clue what I'm doing, what these crazy champs are doing, and I die a lot.

You'll get back into the swing of things eventually. Try playing against AI to brush up on your skillz.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I decided to step out of my comfort zone (karthus) and try out blitzcrank for a few games over the weekend. While I have to admit I had fun playing him, he kinda sucks during the laning phase. In the games I played, I pretty much ended with a few deaths by the end of the laning phase.

The saving grace is that later in team fights a successful grab pretty much means insta death to the poor bastard you grabbed. That and his ult is on such low cooldown you can use it almost all the time.

I still prefer karthus as I can carry a team much better. I actually had a game yesterday where the other team wasn't able to kill me a single time, which was surprising since I was the squishiest person on my team.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I decided to step out of my comfort zone (karthus) and try out blitzcrank for a few games over the weekend. While I have to admit I had fun playing him, he kinda sucks during the laning phase. In the games I played, I pretty much ended with a few deaths by the end of the laning phase.

The saving grace is that later in team fights a successful grab pretty much means insta death to the poor bastard you grabbed. That and his ult is on such low cooldown you can use it almost all the time.

I still prefer karthus as I can carry a team much better. I actually had a game yesterday where the other team wasn't able to kill me a single time, which was surprising since I was the squishiest person on my team.

As with any you just have to learn how to play him. Blitz is an awesome laner. Just hide in bushes, and wait for them to get too close and grab them, ect. Not to be an ass, but if you are just used to karthus, get used to actually doing something in a game :) Karth is too easy to farm kills once you learn him. His ult is way op really. He's the only char that could essentially sit in base after level 6 and get kills w/o ever putting himself in danger.

Last edited:

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Quick random poll: can you alt-tab in/out of full-screen league of legends quickly, or does it take 10+ seconds? If so, what is your video card/driver?

It's an odd situation for me, because immediately after a reboot if I play I can tab out and back in without any delay, but after some time and possibly some programs being run, the delay is up there 10+ seconds. This can be annoying when I get an instant message or something I want to check early on in the game when 20 seconds of afk to tab out and back in is practically feeding.

I'm using an AMD 5850 with the 11.2 drivers, I'll try the 11.3 soon to see if they work any better.

Most games I just run in "windowed full screen" mode, but LoL won't do that without an annoying border.

Status
Not open for further replies.