**OLD THREAD** League of Legends - F2P MOBA (like DOTA)

Page 89 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zebano

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
I like Maoki. He's super strong early game, but not so great by end-game. I think he's one of the top damage dealers @ early levels, though.

Based on my spreadsheet that doesn't include skills/runes/masteries he has the highest autoattack DPS (AD*AS) at level 1. By level 18 he has fallen to 35th (of 72).

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Based on my spreadsheet that doesn't include skills/runes/masteries he has the highest autoattack DPS (AD*AS) at level 1. By level 18 he has fallen to 35th (of 72).

His AP scales alot better I believe. Again, he's kind of middle of the road mid/late game.

nanobreath

May 14, 2008

Was this a spreadsheet you made? or got from somewhere else? Either way I'd be interested in getting a copy...

Oct 25, 2006
My problem with Maokai is that aside from his ult, he doesn't DO anything in a late game team fight.

Early game is great and fine and all, but after level 10. You just won't be doing anything significant outside a lucky twisted advance and a ult.

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005
My problem with Maokai is that aside from his ult, he doesn't DO anything in a late game team fight.

Early game is great and fine and all, but after level 10. You just won't be doing anything significant outside a lucky twisted advance and a ult.

Sounds like Nidalee

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Well, my rune build worked just about as well as possible. Last 5 games I have taken first blood and gone on to do really well as twitch with an attack damage rune build.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
So I just all out rage quit for the first time ever, before the game even started. We had a jungler so I said I'd solo top. We get in the game and Jax goes top and says that if I wanted to solo, go bottom. Now...personally I didn't care if I solo'd or not and headed bottom, but I said what was told to me early on in this game:

Don't solo bottom due to the layout of the map (the way the bushes sit). This may or may not be that big of a deal, but it was just an opinion.

Next thing I know, I'm being cussed and "noobed" up and down and what a blah blah I am etc. So I explained the thought, and they continued, just being total jackasses. So I said, I can tell how this games going to be, bye, and left. I'm too old and impatient for people to be dickheads before the minions even spawn.

Whats interesting is I've found the mouthiest people always seem to play particular characters:

Jax, Shaco, Vlad mostly.

I told them they could report me and I didn't really care. I figure the logs will show that they pretty much attacked me for no reason. My guess was at least 3 of them were premade.

/end rant

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Don't solo bottom due to the layout of the map (the way the bushes sit). This may or may not be that big of a deal, but it was just an opinion.

The argument that makes the most sense to me is that dragon is near the bottom lane and helping your jungle get an early dragon is easier with 2 than it is with 1.

Beyond that, I understand the motivation you had to quit. Some teams are just so immature you really wonder why they are even playing.

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
What you should do is ignore them and then spend all game farming till you lose and try to get a couple solo kills when you can.

That's what I'd do, or just chill in base and if they say they're going to report you for afk just say you're looking at items in the shop and that they said you were noob anyways so you decided to stay out of their way. :)

This can sometimes work out in another way that the other team mates will beg you to keep playing and start calling the asshole names and stuff and his smack talking will backfire big time. That is also quite sweet.

IMO its the best way to make people who get all pissy rage hard.

Last edited:

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
I just ignore them all and reply with "cool story bro". Typically its rebuttals to someone dying because they went in, solo, way before anyone was there and some how we're all noobs.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Heres a useful command for you, i do this every game i tank in because the community are arse holes to tanks and typically initiate without me and die then i get the blame for it which is not acceptable. Type "/mute ally" which mutes all allys, there's /mute enemy and /mute all for everyone in the game. Type it again to unmute them just before the game ends, which takes them off the ignore list so you dont end up trying to talk to someone you ignored 20 or so games ago.

Positives are:
- no trash talk
- no noobs pretending like they know it all
- do your own thing
- no douchebag lane partners that want you to basically suicide so they have a small chance to get a kill

Negatives are:
- no SS
- no ally pings

For me i dont need an ally to ping the map or tell me who is missing, i can look at the map myself and assess the situation.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Heres a useful command for you, i do this every game i tank in because the community are arse holes to tanks and typically initiate without me and die then i get the blame for it which is not acceptable. Type "/mute ally" which mutes all allys, there's /mute enemy and /mute all for everyone in the game. Type it again to unmute them just before the game ends, which takes them off the ignore list so you dont end up trying to talk to someone you ignored 20 or so games ago.

Positives are:
- no trash talk
- no noobs pretending like they know it all
- do your own thing
- no douchebag lane partners that want you to basically suicide so they have a small chance to get a kill

Negatives are:
- no SS
- no ally pings

For me i dont need an ally to ping the map or tell me who is missing, i can look at the map myself and assess the situation.

awesome! army of one :rolleyes:

zebano

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005

The argument that makes the most sense to me is that dragon is near the bottom lane and helping your jungle get an early dragon is easier with 2 than it is with 1.

Beyond that, I understand the motivation you had to quit. Some teams are just so immature you really wonder why they are even playing.

Chiropteran has the right idea that it's easier to dragon (or gank dragon) with 2 and this is more crucial than ever now that dragon has been buffed.
The only bushes that change are the ones in the river which rarely matters.

Was this a spreadsheet you made? or got from somewhere else? Either way I'd be interested in getting a copy...

I started with the stats here
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champion_Base_Statistics

I used a text editor and a simple regular expression to convert it to a .csv then opened it in excel and added a couple of derived values such as DPS (AS*AD) and DPS@18 (AS+17*ASgrowth) * (AD + 17ADgrowth).

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
Lee Sin, the blind Monk, is real.

Yep. He looks like a fun champ and I think I'm going to hold on to my IP and get him rather than Nocturne now. But again, another hero with effectively > 4 abilities because he has multiple dual purpose abilities.

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004
I find myself in a strange position. Pretty much every hack/slash/beat-em-up game I've ever played I've loved melee characters and despised casters. Suddenly I'm in the position where all of my favorite characters (or at least those I'm the best with) seem to be AP nukers. Granted, I've still not played the vast majority of the characters, but I don't seem to do nearly as well with the DPS characters as I do with the nukers (granted, I'm not phenomenal with either).

zebano

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
I find myself in a strange position. Pretty much every hack/slash/beat-em-up game I've ever played I've loved melee characters and despised casters. Suddenly I'm in the position where all of my favorite characters (or at least those I'm the best with) seem to be AP nukers. Granted, I've still not played the vast majority of the characters, but I don't seem to do nearly as well with the DPS characters as I do with the nukers (granted, I'm not phenomenal with either).

I'm in a similar situation. I do best with AP sion/Ryze/Annie or anyone else who runs in, unloads then runs out. Other than that I do well with tanks. tanky DPS, I'm ok but with pure DPS my positioning is usually terrible and I get destroyed (the only exception being that I can occasionally play Ashe well).

douglasb

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2005
Went ahead and bought Lee Sin this morning, although I haven't had a chance to try him out yet. He looks way powerful, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.