OFFICIAL OBAMA INAUGURATION THREAD

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Originally posted by: eits
"there are some who question the scale of our ambitions--who suggest that our system cannot tolerate too many big plans. their memories are short."

"we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist."

this speech is epic.

my two favorite parts as well.

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
This poem is the lack.

Did she just give props to Stomp (wood spoons on oil cans)?

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
Good speech, very rousing and re-energising, from the perspective of a Brit. :thumbsup:

OMWTF Poet?! FAIL!

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Good speech, well delivered.

If nothing else the positive vibe coming from his being President is good for the country in that it will help restore confidence.

Good luck Mr. President

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
great great speech.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Good speech, well delivered.

If nothing else the positive vibe coming from his being President is good for the country in that it will help restore confidence.

Good luck Mr. President

Yup, it certainly will not hurt.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Knight7
lol i just notice bullet proof glass, where obama is sitting,

I think that's pretty standard... I remember seeing it in pictures from reagan's inauguration.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Originally posted by: montanafan
Originally posted by: teiresias
Sounded to me like Roberts screwed up the wording and Obama was all like, "I don't think you mean to say what you just said" in his mind.

Yeah, Roberts obviously screwed it up and you could see the look on Obama's face, "Wait a minute, that wasn't right." Too bad that his hesitation and Roberts repeating it made it look like Obama was the one that had messed up.

yeah I just replayed that, Roberts changed his words. Still not sure if he got it right in the end as I think Obama said something different the 2nd time around than Roberts.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
"there are some who question the scale of our ambitions--who suggest that our system cannot tolerate too many big plans. their memories are short."

this speech is epic.

epic? Not really. There was some moron("news" person) who claimed it'd be etched in marble someday or some such nonsense yesterday. Oh, I'm sure the little BO sheep loved it and think it's the best ever but the reality is - it wasn't what people were claiming it would be.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

this speech is epic.

epic? Not really. There was some moron("news" person) who claimed it'd be etched in marble someday or some such nonsense yesterday. Oh, I'm sure the little BO sheep loved it and think it's the best ever but the reality is - it wasn't what people were claiming it would be.

Keep clinging to that bitterness, it will do you a lot of good.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

this speech is epic.

If he would have called you by named you'd have still acted miserable and complained so I really doubt ANYONE gives a damn about your opinion.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Originally posted by: DEMO24
Sounded to me like Roberts screwed up the wording and Obama was all like, "I don't think you mean to say what you just said" in his mind.

Yeah, Roberts obviously screwed it up and you could see the look on Obama's face, "Wait a minute, that wasn't right." Too bad that his hesitation and Roberts repeating it made it look like Obama was the one that had messed up.

yeah I just replayed that, Roberts changed his words. Still not sure if he got it right in the end as I think Obama said something different the 2nd time around than Roberts.

revenge for voting against his confirmation

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001

this speech is epic.

Bush fanboy. :p

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Farang
Originally posted by: DEMO24

revenge for voting against his confirmation

LOL! Exactly.

Roberts is safe in having his job for life.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Mill

this speech is epic.

If he would have called you by named you'd have still acted miserable and complained so I really doubt ANYONE gives a damn about your opinion.

:roll: I didn't say it was a bad speech. I actually think it was quite good. HOWEVER - I responded to eits who claimed "epic" and then pointed out the expectations by some. So pull your head out of your ass and actually read what I post

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Balt

this speech is epic.

Keep clinging to that bitterness, it will do you a lot of good.

See my reply to Mill, morAn.