OFFICIAL OBAMA INAUGURATION THREAD

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: foghorn67
Originally posted by: homercles337
Swearing on a bible is bullshit. President Shit-For-Brains did the same and proceeded to gut the constitution. Im an atheist, does this mean i should swear on a bible too?

The music "interludes" are bullshit. Just do the damn thing.

No, you don't have to swear on the Bible because you aren't and never will be president.

True. How about court? Im an amoral, atheist, scum--according to the rabid, right-wing idiots. Is swearing on the bible and saying "so help me god" supposed to mean something? It means nothing given the way that the Shrub Administration gutted the constitution.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo
Article II, Section I of the U.S. Constitution:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Did John Roberts screw up the oath?

Yes it sounded like it was Roberts because Obama was anticipating what to say

but it was Roberts who rushed to correct himself

:p

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
flag pin has reappeared and is super distracting as it reflects the light.

damn symbols of false patriotism.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

I love how you felt so insecure about Obama you actually had to dig that up instead of running with it as a good laugh.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Originally posted by: Genx87

I love how you felt so insecure about Obama you actually had to dig that up instead of running with it as a good laugh.

You've lost your mind. Go away.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
You'd think he had been practicing those lines.

BTW, the media WILL not be replaying his fvck up.

I replayed it, Roberts actually screwed it up. Do you think Fox News will admit that??

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: HomerJS

I replayed it, Roberts actually screwed it up. Do you think Fox News will admit that??

If he made the mistake, it should be known.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Knight7
i wonder if his credit score is double now that he is the president, and if so can i expect mines to do so now that there is a black president?

No, but he did just save a lot of money on his car insurance.

:confused:

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001

dude, I'm watching it on Belgian TV and the guy who is doing the live translation noticed immediately that J. Roberts screwed up, not Obama

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: OrByte

Yes it sounded like it was Roberts because Obama was anticipating what to say

but it was Roberts who rushed to correct himself
Roberts is exacting his revenge because BHO voted against his nomination :p

Knight7

Banned
Sep 7, 2005
Originally posted by: loup garou
Originally posted by: Knight7
i wonder if his credit score is double now that he is the president, and if so can i expect mines to do so now that there is a black president?

No, but he did just save a lot of money on his car insurance.

:confused:

by switching to Secret service?

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

:laugh: Give it up, it's meaningless. It was funny, but it's pathetic that you're trying to make an issue out of it. :roll:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I can't believe Hillary lied to me :|

I'm not seeing the skies open up, or the lights come down... the celestial choirs aren't singing and the world isn't perfect :frown:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: freegeeks

dude, I'm watching it on Belgian TV and the guy who is doing the live translation noticed immediately that J. Roberts screwed up, not Obama

I didnt make a claim on who screwed up. Just felt it funny heyheybooboo bothered to dig it up.

xeemzor

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2005
LOL at C-SPAN for putting Bush on the screen as Obama starts mentioning the restoration of civil liberties.