OFFICIAL OBAMA INAUGURATION THREAD

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sswingle

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Originally posted by: xeemzor
LOL at C-SPAN for putting Bush on the screen as Obama starts mentioning the restoration of civil liberties.

Every channel has the same feed...

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Heh, he is talking about the markets and big/small govt.
Can hear Libertopians heads collectively explode across America.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Genx87
Originally posted by: freegeeks
Originally posted by: Genx87
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo
Article II, Section I of the U.S. Constitution:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Did John Roberts screw up the oath?

I love how you felt so insecure about Obama you actually had to dig that up instead of running with it as a good laugh.

dude, I'm watching it on Belgian TV and the guy who is doing the live translation noticed immediately that J. Roberts screwed up, not Obama

I didnt make a claim on who screwed up. Just felt it funny heyheybooboo bothered to dig it up.
heyheybooboo only did what every other news outlet in america did at almost the exact same time.

shrug.

Knight7

Banned
Sep 7, 2005
question, why is it that white people look like shrimp when they put to the cold and the hot sun? it kinda looks painful

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
I wasn't able to see the inauguration, but I was out getting gas. After I filled up, I noticed the price...$0.00.

So I logged on to check my mortgage statement. $0.00!

This is fantastic!

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: alchemize
I wasn't able to see the inauguration, but I was out getting gas. After I filled up, I noticed the price...$0.00.

So I logged on to check my mortgage statement. $0.00!

This is fantastic!

Now that's change I can believe in.

Knight7

Banned
Sep 7, 2005
at least he is not reading, bush had a Mickey mouse Club house book that had farm animals, and familiar tools so he can say the speech.

montanafan

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
Originally posted by: teiresias
Sounded to me like Roberts screwed up the wording and Obama was all like, "I don't think you mean to say what you just said" in his mind.

Yeah, Roberts obviously screwed it up and you could see the look on Obama's face, "Wait a minute, that wasn't right." Too bad that his hesitation and Roberts repeating it made it look like Obama was the one that had messed up.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Knight7
at least he is not reading, bush had a Mickey mouse Club house book that had farm animals, and familiar tools so he can say the speech.

is he? I haven't seen any shots zoomed out far enough to see if there are teleprompters.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
"there are some who question the scale of our ambitions--who suggest that our system cannot tolerate too many big plans. their memories are short."

"we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist."

this speech is epic.

Knight7

Banned
Sep 7, 2005
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: Knight7

is he? I haven't seen any shots zoomed out far enough to see if there are teleprompters.

he did not read that, HA we got someone that sounds smart on white house again.