OFFICIAL OBAMA INAUGURATION THREAD

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002
"we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist."

Best quote of the speech. And probably the one of the best thing I have ever heard in a Presidential speech.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: eits
"there are some who question the scale of our ambitions--who suggest that our system cannot tolerate too many big plans. their memories are short."

this speech is epic.

epic? Not really. There was some moron("news" person) who claimed it'd be etched in marble someday or some such nonsense yesterday. Oh, I'm sure the little BO sheep loved it and think it's the best ever but the reality is - it wasn't what people were claiming it would be.

You squirted tears just like a little school-girl, admit it Cad! ;) :p

You can tell he is overcome by the patriotic moment. :p

montanafan

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
I used to like Biden, but I have a feeling that he and his wife are going to be the cause of some embarrassing moments during the Obama years.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: eits
"there are some who question the scale of our ambitions--who suggest that our system cannot tolerate too many big plans. their memories are short."

this speech is epic.

epic? Not really. There was some moron("news" person) who claimed it'd be etched in marble someday or some such nonsense yesterday. Oh, I'm sure the little BO sheep loved it and think it's the best ever but the reality is - it wasn't what people were claiming it would be.

You squirted tears just like a little school-girl, admit it Cad! ;) :p

Cad's probably suprised after the swearing in Obama didn't pull out the clock, put it around his neck and yell yeeeeah boy!!!

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Duddy

Best quote of the speech. And probably the one of the best thing I have ever heard in a Presidential speech.

Substitute fist for ass, and he could have been talking about the GOP! :p

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Big LOL!! :laugh:

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004

Yuck, you know some Republicans would like that. :disgust:

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001

That part was pretty good yeah. I also really like:

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals."

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I know it is soon, but some people out there have crazy fast fingers. Is there a transcript up anywhere yet?

idiotekniQues

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2007
what a great day. and a great day to be working near times square and take it in with the cheering crowds and honking cars.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481
very good... but epic?
Hehe, after the last 8 years just having someone who sounds intelligent as President is enough for many to get excited.

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
Just listening to it now. It has some good lines, but I think this is the speech he had to give.

And I'll say this, a mediocre speech by Obama is about 10x better than Bush's best.

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
very good... but epic?
Hehe, after the last 8 years just having someone who sounds intelligent as President is enough for many to get excited.

Damn, the buh buh Bush moments are starting, already.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: wanker111
very good... but epic?

Who?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Originally posted by: albatross
wow just watching on cnn ...and on a dozen other european channels..wow,obama just took another step.. another breath..stay tuned for updates..
fvk you morons with your whole disgusting circus and your tasteless pseudoreligious bs;not even the departure of bush would justify such outpouring of morondipity,america rules at cosmic circus.
/rant

WTF?

He's right though. I had the TV on as I was getting ready for work this morning and the inane banter of the talking heads makes me ill.

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: wanker111
very good... but epic?

Who?

Take a look in the mirror, champ. Bush hasn't said or done anything publicly all day.

You BDS people are going to go through quite a withdrawl soon.