**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 490 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Soccerman06

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
They removed LS from barb passive as well. Changed it to health regen... Wtf, who even uses that?

Well its not that big of a deal for barbs, they get ls from other equip. Wizards only get it from weapons, so if you remove the ability you either have to stack loh gear or have to have a ls weapon both and having high dps versions of those are extremely expensive.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Well its not that big of a deal for barbs, they get ls from other equip. Wizards only get it from weapons, so if you remove the ability you either have to stack loh gear or have to have a ls weapon both and having high dps versions of those are extremely expensive.

Bards really only get LS from weapons as well, plus the passive. And, generally, it is only from one weapon, not both. This expansion is looking awful just from these changes.

TheFamilyMan

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2003
Has anyone picked up the console (XBOX360 specifically) version? I picked up a couple copies Friday for me and the kids...I have to say it is awesome. It is exactly what D3 should have been on PC. Crafting is still a bit of a gamble but 5 or 6 out of 10 times you'll get something that is an upgrade. My luck so far has been to take the time and resources to craft something that was pretty good only to get a drop 10 minutes afterwards that completely obsoleted what I just crafted LOL. Drops are 1000x better than on the PC...yes, junk still drops but you get usable, good rares and, every now and then you'll get a fantastic yellow. The best thing is though...when you see the golden light and get the "ping" sound from the legendary drop, there is a far better chance of it being usable by your character than just becoming salvage material. One thing I've noticed and tested a little was that I had a couple un ID'd legendaries in my pack that I got on my monk so DEX would have been primary stat if I had ID'd them there. I took one out on my wiz and one on my barb. Sure enough, the legendary the wiz ID'd had INT as the primary stat and the one the barb ID'd had STR as the primary stat...was I just imagining things as I've always suspected the PC version had the stats determined at the time of the drop, not the time of the ID...have I been mistaken this many months?

Anyways, I'll be hopping on and off PC D3 so hit me up to group when you see me hop on.

If you did, by chance, pick up the 360 version, pm me your gamertag. Random PUG's has been okay so far but I'm sure would be better with folks I've grouped with before.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I've been debating picking up the console version. I actually like the UI. Chances are I will wait for it to drop in price though.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
They removed LS from barb passive as well. Changed it to health regen... Wtf, who even uses that?

They're trying to make LoH and health regen useful at higher damage levels. Right now LS >> LoH and regen.

For many players, the game at higher MPs is such that you will get 1-3 shotted if you just stand there and do nothing, but LS is so strong, you can facetank anything because you are bouncing between 40% and 100% health constantly.

I think they're trying to make it more of a case where you slowly lose health from attacks, and slowly gain it back via regen and LoH.

MP10 Ghom has something like 140M hp. My DH has 37k. I know that's low, but people have 50-60k hp?

Player classes have ~50k HP (~400k EHP) and crit for ~1M HP.

Monsters have ~100M HP and strong ones hit for ~300k (judging by what I take and my EHP).

I hope they switch the mechanics around so you get some more EHP from HP + AR + Armor, so you can stand and take some more hits.

I could even see there being a few tank builds that stack health regen

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
They're trying to make LoH and health regen useful at higher damage levels. Right now LS >> LoH and regen.

For many players, the game at higher MPs is such that you will get 1-3 shotted if you just stand there and do nothing, but LS is so strong, you can facetank anything because you are bouncing between 40% and 100% health constantly.

I think they're trying to make it more of a case where you slowly lose health from attacks, and slowly gain it back via regen and LoH.

MP10 Ghom has something like 140M hp. My DH has 37k. I know that's low, but people have 50-60k hp?

Player classes have ~50k HP (~400k EHP) and crit for ~1M HP.

Monsters have ~100M HP and strong ones hit for ~300k (judging by what I take and my EHP).

I hope they switch the mechanics around so you get some more EHP from HP + AR + Armor, so you can stand and take some more hits.

So, they are saying "barbs as anything but sword and board? nope"... they expect players to take that? I was actually looking forward to the expansion, but these changes are garbage. The classes are fine and skills work well together. But, of course, those who play an entirely different class cry their's isn't as good and rather than buffing their class, they want a nerf to another that doesn't effect their gameplay at all in the least bit.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Bards really only get LS from weapons as well, plus the passive. And, generally, it is only from one weapon, not both. This expansion is looking awful just from these changes.

I actually support these changes. Right now you can just run in and smash stuff without dodging and avoid damage. The pros to reduced healing is that the game has just become a lot more complex to program a bot for.

The cons are, farming speed will seem like a snail's pace in Reaper of Souls because of reduced healing and having to actually deal with game mechanics, the only question left is, what will itemization look like in RoS? Will it look like console loot, or will it look like the current gimped loot in order to create artificial scarcity for the Real Money Auction House?

That's really what the nerf is going to depend on, less fun but better loot, or will we still have garbage loot and be forced to gear up through our wallet.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005

LS is so strong because Blizzard has allowed insane dps in this game.

I refuse to make a tank in a Diablo game. Using a shield offensively is ok but tanking is for an MMO.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I actually support these changes. Right now you can just run in and smash stuff without dodging and avoid damage. The pros to reduced healing is that the game has just become a lot more complex to program a bot for.

The cons are, farming speed will seem like a snail's pace in Reaper of Souls because of reduced healing and having to actually deal with game mechanics, the only question left is, what will itemization look like in RoS? Will it look like console loot, or will it look like the current gimped loot in order to create artificial scarcity for the Real Money Auction House?

That's really what the nerf is going to depend on, less fun but better loot, or will we still have garbage loot and be forced to gear up through our wallet.

If they were only changing that life steal, it would be okay. Except, they are nerfing crit change a lot (which is directly to force you to upgrade you gear to new gear) and they are nerfing WotB, which is the only anti CC a barb has. You get 30 seconds, then a 2 and a half minute cool down. That is awful. They are trying to make barbs tanks again? Nobody will do that, because CM wizards are better tanks and have great CC.

Soccerman06

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
I doubt the LS debacle will stay the way it is, people will be very unhappy if they have to spec tank just to keep damage low enough to where life regen can be useful.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
People (barbs especially) are going to hate it because they are no longer viable classes as a tank. This isn't WoW where you need a tank to group, and even if you did need a tank, a barb is a terrible option. They have (at most) a single target CC that isn't reliable. A CM Wiz has infinitely more utility and use in a group setting. Barbs will be abandoned similarly to how they were before people realized WW / WotB was amazing if you geared correctly.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Blizzard closes down Diablo 3 Auction House on March 18, 2014

When we initially designed and implemented the auction houses, the driving goal was to provide a convenient and secure system for trades. But as we've mentioned on different occasions, it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot. With that in mind, we want to let everyone know that we've decided to remove the gold and real-money auction house system from Diablo III.

We feel that this move along with the Loot 2.0 system being developed concurrently with Reaper of Souls™ will result in a much more rewarding game experience for our players.

We're working out the details of how the auction house system will be shut down, but we wanted to share the news as soon as we made the decision in order to give everyone as much advance notice as possible. Please note that the shutdown will occur on March 18, 2014. We will keep everyone informed as we work through this process.

Josh Mosqueira and I wanted to provide everyone with a little more information behind this decision, so please have a look at the video, and stay tuned to this site for further updates in the months ahead.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3387-Blizzard-closes-down-Diablo-3-Auction-House

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Oct 20, 2005
And the rise of gold / loot sellers continues!

Blizzard is going to lose a lot of people if they close the AH down. Nobody is going to want to go back to not being able to farm Inferno and spend 100 hours in Hell to just be able to do Inferno. This will destroy the community.

Unless the loot 2.0 system lets you farm items more easily for your class.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
Why would you no longer play if the AH is gone? Obviously the loot system will be adapted to not needing the AH, so people go back to actually FINDING drops instead of BUYING drops. I'm also guessing they'll somehow incorporate "trade channels".

Excellent job, Blizzard.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Unless the loot 2.0 system lets you farm items more easily for your class.

But, it won't. I don't want some mid tier upgrade. I have like 15 billion gold. I want top end gear. I have found one EF with OS, crit hit damage, and 0.25 API. It happened to be str and have over 1000 dps, but by the time I found that, I had already purchased a much better one.

Finding an upgrade is nice, except I already have the money to buy upgrades. I don't want to have to resort to D2jsp, because they are awful.

It looks like I won't be buying the expansion. Everything I found fun in the game is being removed. Gold is worthless without somewhere to use it. And you can forget crafting because you won't be making enough gold to do it.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Why would you no longer play if the AH is gone? Obviously the loot system will be adapted to not needing the AH, so people go back to actually FINDING drops instead of BUYING drops. I'm also guessing they'll somehow incorporate "trade channels".

Excellent job, Blizzard.

They already have trade channels and they are terrible. It is filled with a bunch of noobs spamming awful items they've found and expecting to be offered more than a brimstone for them. Also, without the AH, you lose the ability to actually make money required for the awful gold sinks in the game (crafting and gems). Good luck picking up that 100 mil you need to make a Marquise gem. Good luck farming enough gold and materials to craft anything worthwhile.

Take into account they are nerfing, for no reason other than to appease the crybabies who don't play the class, classes I like to play; I've no reason to continue playing D3.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
It sounds like you expect them to remove the AH and leave every other aspect of the game that's tied to it exactly the same. I don't see that happening.

Nerfs and buffs come and go; cry about it today, love it tomorrow.

Since you won't be playing anymore, want to give me your gold/gear? Or going to do one final cashout before the market crashes?

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
It sounds like you expect them to remove the AH and leave every other aspect of the game that's tied to it exactly the same. I don't see that happening.

Nerfs and buffs come and go; cry about it today, love it tomorrow.

Since you won't be playing anymore, want to give me your gold/gear? Or going to do one final cashout before the market crashes?

I will definitely try and do a final cash out before the market crashes.

And the nerfs to Barb completely change how it will be played. Sure they are buffing spear throw, but that is awful and DH's used that same complaint about their only viable spec "What if barbs had to be ranged! It would be awful for them!".

Blizzard isn't going to change the comfortable level of farm unless they significantly dumb down the content (which won't happen). If they remove the AH completely, they have to make upgrade finding so prevalent there is little incentive to continue farming. The fact that you don't find an upgrade every other elite pack is what keeps people farming. And that everything not for your character has the potential to at least help you get an upgrade because there is a market for it, makes finding things not useful to you actually useful. They remove that completely. Nobody is going to sit around spamming WTS [legenardy sandals] all day.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
Stock up on gems, I see them being valuable by a great deal. If you plan on a Crusader by at least 6 Radiant Star Rubies.

It looks like no RoS for me either. Come on PS4 !!!

With that, I am done supporting Blizzard.

Last edited:

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Ladders, no more auction houses...

Looks like Blizzard is waking up to the reality that the game bombed and are taking it back in the direction that worked.

May actually start playing this again if these new changes all pan out and they manage to fix this current disaster of a game.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
It looks like no RoS for me either. Come on PS4 !!!

With that, I am done supporting Blizzard.

The last SC2 expansion will most likely be the last thing I buy from Blizzard. Sadly, I am interested in Hearthstone and Blizzard All-Stars, but both of those are F2P. Well, technically, Hearthstone isn't, but it is in the same vein as MTGO.