**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 488 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mantle

Aug 5, 2004
I'd be down to run as well tonight if we have some people. I can CM Wiz if Anubis would rather straight DPS. I'd can monk it up as well if we want some raw damage output.

I would have to run my monk. The archon wiz just won't cut it for ubers. I probably won't be on till 10 pm EST.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
Silver and I were on but did not wind up doing ubers. He was still trying to gear up. I still would like to run them for a couple rings to help level a few more characters faster.

I can do mp10 Ubers on my Barb if you need me.

thujone

Golden Member
Jun 15, 2003
meh... so... i guess i'm back to playing d3. just started up my WD again... stopped playing right around when they introduced paragon levels. With only like 2m to work with i managed to gear him up a bit to about 77k damage. snipering auctions at 3am is so far one of the most skillful things i've accomplished in the game lol

in any event... i'm still running a straight up bears/GF/GI build. if anyone wants to do some runs, has any wd advice, or has some bones to throw me i'm thujone#1277

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
meh... so... i guess i'm back to playing d3. just started up my WD again... stopped playing right around when they introduced paragon levels. With only like 2m to work with i managed to gear him up a bit to about 77k damage. snipering auctions at 3am is so far one of the most skillful things i've accomplished in the game lol

in any event... i'm still running a straight up bears/GF/GI build. if anyone wants to do some runs, has any wd advice, or has some bones to throw me i'm thujone#1277

If you want to make gold in this game, there are two easy ways:

Flip

Play Act 1 on normal a bunch and sell all your leveling gear you find. Main stat / vitality / +exp will sell really good.

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
It's a challenge for sure. Basically, the windforce has 3% lifesteal on it. Between that and kiting, I can take a few hits, drop some spike traps (scatter), and keep alive.

There's one spiketrap guy who went full on IAS/dex on everything and each sentry does 350k dps. With 3 out, that's over 1M dps just in sentries.

Of course, it takes him at least 12 seconds to deploy them all, and he has to run around to avoid damage, but it can be done.

After playing around with it for a day or two, it's not really a viable build, at least not to the same extent that rapid fire or spike traps are. I do still want to try it out on ubers though. Just hit smoke screen to drop aggros, and let the sentries do their thing.

Hmm. Maybe I won't try a full Sentry. I have been doing a tank Sentry/Spike Trap build with success. I still deploy three Sentries, but have good AR and enough CC to keep Shadow Power up all of the time.

Mantle

Aug 5, 2004
If anyone happens to be checking here. I am logged in if anyone was still planning on doing ubers. TheFamilyMan (ThaStik#1351) is also on and expressed interest in running the ubers.,

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
I just fire the game again last evening. Continued on my Barb 60/2 on Hell MP10 (no HC). I finally found the Gibbering Stone (or gem) for the Staff of Herding...but still miss the staff.

Game is still fun to play but I abused too much of the AH for upgrades and now all loot is useless. It's a bit sad but maybe i'll find some new stuff in Inferno whan I start it soon.

I'm sitting at 53k HP and 59K DPS for now...doing good enough against most stuff thrown at me.

I'll stuff shopping and hope to get nice upgrades from drops...

Mantle

Aug 5, 2004
If anyone happens to be checking here. I am logged in if anyone was still planning on doing ubers. TheFamilyMan (ThaStik#1351) is also on and expressed interest in running the ubers.,

Adrenaline, TheFamilyMan, and I ran ubers last night, enough for three rings. TheFamilyMan got the best rolls which was a cc and CD combo if I remember correctly. Adrenaline definitely carried us through SK and Magda. He's beastly. It was a lot of fun. I hadn't played the monk in a while and was a little rusty. Think I was the only one to get leg drop on the ubers which was a brimstone. Now just need to use the rings for some leveling

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
Adrenaline, TheFamilyMan, and I ran ubers last night, enough for three rings. TheFamilyMan got the best rolls which was a cc and CD combo if I remember correctly. Adrenaline definitely carried us through SK and Magda. He's beastly. It was a lot of fun. I hadn't played the monk in a while and was a little rusty. Think I was the only one to get leg drop on the ubers which was a brimstone. Now just need to use the rings for some leveling

You guys destroyed ZK so fast that I could not get SB down to 50% before you guys swapped. Rak and Ghom died so fast that my WotB had not reset before they were dead. I had a blast, got to use some machines that were just lying around.

TheFamilyMan

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2003
You guys destroyed ZK so fast that I could not get SB down to 50% before you guys swapped. Rak and Ghom died so fast that my WotB had not reset before they were dead. I had a blast, got to use some machines that were just lying around.

Once I finally figured out that I had levelling/PUG skillset on and switched over to everything so that survivability and freeze-time was optimal, we did much better on run 3. Runs 1 & 2 (on Maghda and SK) are two that I want to completely forget ever happened LOL.

If someone else brings a CM Wiz, I can bring another WW/HoTA barb or WKL monk.

I want to upgrade another 30k - 40k dps but just can't bring myself to drop the 2+b to do it.

Snock514

Golden Member
Jul 20, 2009
I just fire the game again last evening. Continued on my Barb 60/2 on Hell MP10 (no HC). I finally found the Gibbering Stone (or gem) for the Staff of Herding...but still miss the staff.

Game is still fun to play but I abused too much of the AH for upgrades and now all loot is useless. It's a bit sad but maybe i'll find some new stuff in Inferno whan I start it soon.

I'm sitting at 53k HP and 59K DPS for now...doing good enough against most stuff thrown at me.

I'll stuff shopping and hope to get nice upgrades from drops...

Try a fresh hardcore run without using the AH, I'm finding it super fun!

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
Try a fresh hardcore run without using the AH, I'm finding it super fun!

I had to restart my Barb after my previous one died yesterday. It is fun, but wow it sucked when I died at 59. I am just trying for all the achievements and that is stalled. I had not gotten an upgrade after 33 to drop for my last Barb. I found a single sidegrade around 50. I may wait until loot 2.0 to start getting more serious. Yesterday reminded me of the biggest flaw in this game, loot itemization.

Snock514

Golden Member
Jul 20, 2009
I had to restart my Barb after my previous one died yesterday. It is fun, but wow it sucked when I died at 59. I am just trying for all the achievements and that is stalled. I had not gotten an upgrade after 33 to drop for my last Barb. I found a single sidegrade around 50. I may wait until loot 2.0 to start getting more serious. Yesterday reminded me of the biggest flaw in this game, loot itemization.

Yeah hopefully that loot 2.0 will help, it still doesn't feel close to how d2 felt, item-wise. At least they buffed legendarys right... heh..

I'm enjoying my level 21 wizard after having to reroll after a loading spike killed my level 33/34 monk (and having every class to 60 but monk on default.) I definitely like playing ranged a lot more in arpgs I gotta say. I don't really care about achievements personally, just like using sweet spells and focusing on defence > offence. That reminds me of another things I don't like about Diablo 3.. Even the skills seem kinda.. mediocre. Eh, idk, I did just unlock hydra :D.

Last edited:

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
What is that loot 2.0 thing?
Is it something official that will be implemented in the game or, from what I understand, a random dude awesome idea?

Snock514

Golden Member
Jul 20, 2009
What is that loot 2.0 thing?
Is it something official that will be implemented in the game or, from what I understand, a random dude awesome idea?

Yes it's very official. It's coming in a free patch before the expansion drops. It makes loot more specialized for certain builds. Less loot overall but better and more epic loot.
A run looked like this:

Loot 1.0
whites: 256
blues: 399
yellow: 275
legendary: 1

Loot 2.0
whites: 73
blues: 266
yellow: 83
legendary: 6

A quote: "Another change we're making is, making sure that all legendaries can roll at all levels."

Here's a video where I got all this stuff from...

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
Yes it's very official. It's coming in a free patch before the expansion drops. It makes loot more specialized for certain builds. Less loot overall but better and more epic loot.
A run looked like this:

Loot 1.0
whites: 256
blues: 399
yellow: 275
legendary: 1

Loot 2.0
whites: 73
blues: 266
yellow: 83
legendary: 6

A quote: "Another change we're making is, making sure that all legendaries can roll at all levels."

Here's a video where I got all this stuff from...

Awesome thanks Snock!

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
It's how D3 should've been when it was released. Reliance on the AH is far too great, and Mr. Parrish is willing to admit that:

Additionally, the team is working on a new Loot Run mode that will randomly generate a new 15 to 20 minute dungeon for hunting treasure without repeating the same locations. "So we say ‘Oh, you want efficiency? How about efficiency, like Loot Runs, how about you definitely get the best gear from there. Mathematically, that’s the best.’ Then they can stop doing that Alkaizer run in act three that everyone does," Martens added.

Lead writer Brian Kindregan pointed out that fans should be playing the game to have fun and to discover new loot. If they can't find a specific item, then they can craft it. If they can't craft it, then they should head into the Auction Houses. That said, the Diablo III team has no plans to completely eliminate the Auction Houses.

“Trading’s not invalid, it’s just that it's been skewed so if you’re a character who’s spending money maybe you’re getting eighty percent of your gear from the Auction House, and 20 percent in game," Martens said. "It should be the reverse at best. It’s more fun to kill monsters. It’s the same thing I said about Loot Runs. If you want the best gear, let’s put it in a place in-game where you’re killing monsters."

Funny how he says Alkaizer runs...that was so, 2012. Shows how out of touch he is with the current state of the community. A1 exp runs yield far more drops just from sheer numbers, and even A2 VotA and Oasis runs can be more beneficial half the time. I digress. I get his point being that there should be another option for farming instead of just doing the same runs over and over. Essentially, it'll be the same with a random instanced dungeon; just with more flavor.

I like where this is going at least, since the sad thing is 96% of all of the items I have used were from the AH. I appreciate being able to find my own gear, if not craft it myself. With the 1000+ crafting rolls I've done on BOA gear, I feel the reward wasn't even close enough for the effort.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
I gave up on my turret build. I was getting owned on MP7. I went back to rapid fire, upgraded my manticore, and now I'm around 320k dps.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
It's how D3 should've been when it was released. Reliance on the AH is far too great, and Mr. Parrish is willing to admit that:

Funny how he says Alkaizer runs...that was so, 2012. Shows how out of touch he is with the current state of the community. A1 exp runs yield far more drops just from sheer numbers, and even A2 VotA and Oasis runs can be more beneficial half the time. I digress. I get his point being that there should be another option for farming instead of just doing the same runs over and over. Essentially, it'll be the same with a random instanced dungeon; just with more flavor.

I like where this is going at least, since the sad thing is 96% of all of the items I have used were from the AH. I appreciate being able to find my own gear, if not craft it myself. With the 1000+ crafting rolls I've done on BOA gear, I feel the reward wasn't even close enough for the effort.

I think the only 'failure' on Blizzard's part was they didn't realize exactly how much gamers want the instant gratification these days. The AH was perfect in that sense.