**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 487 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
did anyone else just get booted off bnet? ~10:40 EST
internet obviously still works as im posting this, but i cant connect to the stupid game

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
did anyone else just get booted off bnet? ~10:40 EST
internet obviously still works as im posting this, but i cant connect to the stupid game

Nope. I was just playing 30 seconds ago.

Messing around with a rocket build for my DH... don't quite have it figured out yet though.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
Also now that I think about it, while it will depend on cost and luck, items subject to relatively little randomization could very well plummet in value. I'm looking at you Mempo. 300 Spear another one that comes to mind.

That is, unless it lets you re-roll 'base' properties for another property instead of only letting you re-roll a random property, but that seems unlikely imo.

For my Barb I will reroll my Ice Climbers to see if I can get rid of Dex on them to get more strength. I am going to reroll my Nat's legacy set to see what I can get.

Last edited:

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
I think I have figured out a new rocket based build for the DH. I want to try it on some ubers. I'm away most of the weekend, but someone want to do an uber run on Sunday evening?

Mantle

Aug 5, 2004
I think I have figured out a new rocket based build for the DH. I want to try it on some ubers. I'm away most of the weekend, but someone want to do an uber run on Sunday evening?

Depends on the time, but I'd be up for it.

Last edited:

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Cool. I'll post in here and message you guys in game. For those who may want to join and haven't added me, I'm silverpig#1720

For the DHs out there, I'm trying out this build but will sub in custom engineering for nightstalker.

I went with a high dps windforce with a ruby to get a 1701 dps weapon, plus the 15% base damage from archery. Turrets go off of base damage and don't crit. I'll use the rocket turrets, with ballistics passive, and with custom engineering, I'll have 3 of them deployed.

If it works okay, I'll then start finding gear that focuses on dex and AS, sacrificing CC and CD.

It's something different to get away from the standard spike traps or rapid fire builds. It's terrible for fast farming as mobility of turrets is zero, but could be epic against ubers, especially the one in the larder.

Oct 20, 2005
wait so with the expansion raising the cap to 70 from 60
all our gear is pretty much worthless now?
ugh

Your gear is still worth something right now. The expansion won't be out for at least a year. Sure when it gets closer to the actual release date, then yes your current gear will not be worth as much, but you still got plenty of time to do what you want with it.

This happens all the time w/ WoW expansions.

redrider4life4

Jan 23, 2009
I would sell your gear for billions now so you can buy new gear at 70 because you won't get anything for it at 70.

In WoW you only lost your time because you can't resell the gear, you can potentially just sell the gear now and buy really good level 70 gear when the expansion hits.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
By really good gear do you mean the gear the think is really good and spend millions on but turns out to be utter garbage? I sold so many Justice Lanterns for 4-5mil each around launch. Even with gold as inflated as it is now, you can't get 4mil for a Justice Lantern.

If you have crap gear, it won't be good enough to start farming at 70. If you have good gear, you'll likely be just fine. I can't imagine my barb having over 400k buffed DPS not able to farm level 70 mobs. And even then, realistically, the only stats I'll get is damage mitigation, str, and life. Do you really think they are going to have people with 100% crit? I have 60 something already.

redrider4life4

Jan 23, 2009
Id also imagine everyone will have 400k dps with level 70 blues so what is the point of losing out on billions of gold now when you can get blues in a few runs to attain that goal. Even if you drop from 400k to 300k, you get all yoru money back and can buy items to get you to 1 million at 70 so there will be a time when you will suffer bu tat least you will get good gear easily at 70.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I highly doubt the gear will increase that much from 60 to 70. And, good luck selling all your gear and then trying to farm 70.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I highly doubt the gear will increase that much from 60 to 70. And, good luck selling all your gear and then trying to farm 70.

I'd say each WoW expansion and D2:LoD might indicate otherwise, though the way they've normalized loot drops across acts and the way Inferno scales may mitigate that.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Well, someone said people are finding 1700 dps one handers on the console version. I might sell some of my gear. Maybe break down my CM Wiz.

redrider4life4

Jan 23, 2009
I mean with LoD and WoW expansions would typically double your dps so I'd say anything you have now will be worthless. Hey it's your call to lose billions, just trying to offer people a way to save some of their cash since expansions normally make everything you currently own worthless.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Billions aren't very hard to make. Basic AH knowledge and simply doing a little research is all it takes. And let's face it, the expansion isn't coming any time soon.

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
Cool. I'll post in here and message you guys in game. For those who may want to join and haven't added me, I'm silverpig#1720

For the DHs out there, I'm trying out this build but will sub in custom engineering for nightstalker.

I went with a high dps windforce with a ruby to get a 1701 dps weapon, plus the 15% base damage from archery. Turrets go off of base damage and don't crit. I'll use the rocket turrets, with ballistics passive, and with custom engineering, I'll have 3 of them deployed.

If it works okay, I'll then start finding gear that focuses on dex and AS, sacrificing CC and CD.

It's something different to get away from the standard spike traps or rapid fire builds. It's terrible for fast farming as mobility of turrets is zero, but could be epic against ubers, especially the one in the larder.

With low CC, how are you staying alive without enough discipline to spam Shadow Power?

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Well, someone said people are finding 1700 dps one handers on the console version. I might sell some of my gear. Maybe break down my CM Wiz.

Yeah but the console and PC environments aren't at all linked. Those numbers are meaningless. They could be 17k dps one handers for all it'd matter.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
With low CC, how are you staying alive without enough discipline to spam Shadow Power?

It's a challenge for sure. Basically, the windforce has 3% lifesteal on it. Between that and kiting, I can take a few hits, drop some spike traps (scatter), and keep alive.

There's one spiketrap guy who went full on IAS/dex on everything and each sentry does 350k dps. With 3 out, that's over 1M dps just in sentries.

Of course, it takes him at least 12 seconds to deploy them all, and he has to run around to avoid damage, but it can be done.

After playing around with it for a day or two, it's not really a viable build, at least not to the same extent that rapid fire or spike traps are. I do still want to try it out on ubers though. Just hit smoke screen to drop aggros, and let the sentries do their thing.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011

Were you guys able to get on and do some UBERS? I logged on and leveled a bit on Sunday afternoon, hoping to see some familiar faces log on. Either way, I'm PL18 on my new monk. :)

Mantle

Aug 5, 2004
Were you guys able to get on and do some UBERS? I logged on and leveled a bit on Sunday afternoon, hoping to see some familiar faces log on. Either way, I'm PL18 on my new monk. :)

Silver and I were on but did not wind up doing ubers. He was still trying to gear up. I still would like to run them for a couple rings to help level a few more characters faster.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
im down for running them, i can do them on CM wiz or barb. Wiz generally works out well assuming i dont get 2 shot by magdas stupid bugs god i hate those things.

generally its ok, however sometimes all she does is spam them at me and only me

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I'd be down to run as well tonight if we have some people. I can CM Wiz if Anubis would rather straight DPS. I'd can monk it up as well if we want some raw damage output.