**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 489 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

redrider4life4

Jan 23, 2009
Does anyone have an odd stutter issue? On the battle.net forums they are calling it a vsync bug where the game will just kind of stutter for a couple seconds. I've seen a few posts about people having it, but am trying to nail down a decent solution.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I don't know about stutter, but I have a huge rubberbanding issue on my barb. I have been playing a lot less because of it. I can't stand dying because I am rubberbanding in molten, plagued and not doing any damage. Blizzard needs to fix this garbage.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I would stutter/freeze pretty badly when first loading the first session/map after starting the game, but that's the only time I would have any noticeable hiccups.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I would stutter/freeze pretty badly when first loading the first session/map after starting the game, but that's the only time I would have any noticeable hiccups.

That is hard drive related I am pretty sure. Someone said this to me once, so I switched D3 to my SSD and never had another instance of it.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
D3 is on my SSD and it still happens but i may be thinking of some other stutter which im pretty sure is corssfire related becauise it goes away when i dissable it

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006

Same thing, but it occurs when starting the game and on the first fight with monsters. Odd but after that everything is smooth.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
On one comp it sits on a SSD, the other a normal drive. Noticed as much if not more of those occasional pauses on the SSD comp.

redrider4life4

Jan 23, 2009
I read the same thing that an SSD solved the issue for quite a few people, there is a thread on the EU forums dating back to December of last year where a blizzard employee actually mentioned they were looking into it, but no follow up actually happened. I don't think I'll be purchasing the expansion if I can't solve this issue without dropping $250 for a HD that may or may not fix it.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
I can setup a channel in my friend's mumble server (I help pay for).

But I wouldn't want it getting out of hand, 20+ for just d3. I forget our user limit.

I tried mumble and for some reason my mic will not work and I can only hear out of one side of my headset. That would be awesome to have something setup. It will give me an incentive to see what the problem is with mumble.

If not, then I could see about setting up a vent. Whatever happens will work for me as I can hear at least.

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
You can host (you meaning anyone) an 8 man vent for free I believe. I'd be down for it, when we quest though. It would certainly make communication and grouping easier. I am surprised they didn't add in voice chat from the start, due to the MP aspect of it being a large focus.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Can anyone that is doing HC no AH characters put down your contact info. I'd like to start a new character but only want to play like this...and it's not fun without others doing the same thing. =]

Snock514

Golden Member
Jul 20, 2009
Can anyone that is doing HC no AH characters put down your contact info. I'd like to start a new character but only want to play like this...and it's not fun without others doing the same thing. =]

Just entered nightmare on my wizard but will be playing alts hopefully :)

Unoid

Dec 20, 2012
I'll open up my mumble server: Just pm me for details. It's mostly private. made a Diablow channel

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
It looks as if Blizzard is wanting to destroy the WW Barb as it is today.

http://www.diablofans.com/

The data mined information is awful. If this is the case then I will not be purchasing the expansion for sure. I was at 80% towards not buying it unless loot 2.0 was great, but destroying the only class that really is fun to play for me gives me zero incentive to buy RoS.

Last edited:

Soccerman06

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Oh wtf they had to kill archon? Why? Any nerf healing spectral blades? BLEH Why are you only nerfing the specs I play!

Atleast I get Blachhole and this thing: Summon a Pulsar that deals 1820% weapon damage as Fire over 3on impact. The Pulsar also taunts and damages nearby enemies for 490% weapon damage as Fire every second for 6 seconds. / Adds a 24 second cooldown.

Last edited:

Unoid

Dec 20, 2012
anyone down right now that can do MP10 ubers for me? I got three infernals.
Unoid#1703

Last edited:

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
I like the DH changes. I can't wait.

Shadow Power Cost: 14 Discipline / Draw in the power of the shadows, gaining 826 Life per Hit for 5 seconds.

Night Bane : Gain an additional 3 Hatred per second while Shadow Power is activeSlow the movement speed of enemies within 30 yards by 60% for 3 seconds.
Gloom : Reduce incoming damage taken by 3525% while Shadow Power is active.
Well of Darkness : DecreasesRemove the Discipline cost to 12but add a 14 second cooldown.
Blood Moon : Increases damage done asIncrease Life per Hit gain to 25%1239.

They are TOTALLY nerfing shadow power. 15% lifesteal down to 826 LOH? Gloom's 35% damage reduction down to 25%? It used to be 65%!

The only way DHs survive right now is with shadow power - gloom. You spam it constantly, and rely on a high CC with nightstalker to constantly keep your discipline up. There's no way DHs will be able to face tank anymore. This will drastically change the class.

DiabloWiki.com - Rapid FireRapid Fire Rapidly fire a stream of arrows that deal 73% weapon damage each.

Bombardment : Rapidly fire grenades that explode for (414) 745% weapon damage as Fire to all enemies within a 811 yard radius.

Holy geez bombardment is going to be so OP.

Shadow wall looks pretty neat.

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Well, if these changes happen, I am certainly done with D3. The only reason the classes are fun is because the skills mesh allowing you to continuously farm. If you remove that, you get some trash going from mob to mob then waiting for your cooldowns.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
They are TOTALLY nerfing shadow power. 15% lifesteal down to 826 LOH? Gloom's 35% damage reduction down to 25%? It used to be 65%!

The only way DHs survive right now is with shadow power - gloom. You spam it constantly, and rely on a high CC with nightstalker to constantly keep your discipline up. There's no way DHs will be able to face tank anymore. This will drastically change the class.

They are buffing grenades to nearly double the damage though. So, picking up a life steal weapon will be great.

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000

It will be back to high attack speed and LoH builds. The changes to Grenades, Companion, Sentry, Fan of Knives, and the Grenadier passive sound great.

Last edited:

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
WD firebats build looks like it will be able to become stronger due to some changes to the passives. Excellent!

But yea, those barbarian changes really impacts the popular builds... i.e. any build that revolves around perma-wrath and infinite fury (all of them). I wonder if we'll see more ranged barb builds and sword+board builds now?

Looks like Wizards can still pull off CM builds... so we'll still see them around. Black hole looks interesting.

Monk changes look awesome. I can already smell the OPness of the Transcendence build with the spamming of mantras and Wave of Light... Fist of Thunder has built in teleport now, so you can use Quicken + Mystic Rhythm for pretty much spammable Wave of Light.

Soccerman06

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
CM build with a black hole/some aoe seems like the only viable end game build now

Also just noticed that blood magic weapon was changed to When you perform an attack, gain a protective shield for that absorbs 826 damage. So now wizards have to rely on loh/ls weapons as our only health return? wtf dont make me completely regear to that shit. (I somehow doubt blizzard will forget to put a timer on the shield, casting 100000 spells in town prior to going out might be op)

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
CM build with a black hole/some aoe seems like the only viable end game build now

Also just noticed that blood magic weapon was changed to When you perform an attack, gain a protective shield for that absorbs 826 damage. So now wizards have to rely on loh/ls weapons as our only health return? wtf dont make me completely regear to that shit. (I somehow doubt blizzard will forget to put a timer on the shield, casting 100000 spells in town prior to going out might be op)

They removed LS from barb passive as well. Changed it to health regen... Wtf, who even uses that?