**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 492 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Developer: Damn, I just can't figure out how to program the AH to incorporate commas. It's really hard.
Head developer: Fuck it. Let's just take the AH out and close the bug fix request.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Developer: Damn, I just can't figure out how to program the AH to incorporate commas. It's really hard.
Head developer: Fuck it. Let's just take the AH out and close the bug fix request.

More like: Project Manager: Damn, we keep getting complaints from the Chinese government we are no longer a viable job for uneducated, poor Chinese. They are threatening to block WoW from the China.

Lead Developer: What can we do that will appease them and simultaneously piss off the people who actually play D3 and don't bitch about it on internet forums?

New guy: Remove the AH and nerf everyone's favorite class!

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
More like: Project Manager: Damn, we keep getting complaints from the Chinese government we are no longer a viable job for uneducated, poor Chinese. They are threatening to block WoW from the China.

Lead Developer: What can we do that will appease them and simultaneously piss off the people who actually play D3 and don't bitch about it on internet forums?

New guy: Remove the AH and nerf everyone's favorite class!

They're nerfing a bunch of builds across all the classes. I kind of like it actually. There are a ton of skills that are currently useless that I hope become useful through a combination of nerfs/buffs.

I don't even know what the runes for shadow power are, other than gloom. I think there's one that increases the life steal, and another that gives you movement speed. Maybe one for hatred regen? I dunno.

I can't remember the last time I used impale.

I would love to see a DH ability that was like cyclone strike, but was centered on a point, rather than on your character. Place some traps, draw all the enemies to the traps.

Alex C

Jul 7, 2008
Might try playing again; they're on the right track to making D3 feel more like a fun game and less like a job.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
From reading about the PS3/360 version of D3 is that the drops are faster/better, no Auction house, crafting is actually usefull.

whoaa..and people enjoy it! wow.

This is what many complained about. drops sucked and crafting was such a gamble. it felt like they funneled PC gamers to the AH and RMAH.

so now they are taking away the AH. a new "improved" loot system (if as good as the console versions seem to be that would be good) and new crafting. IF they increase the rate for mats thats even better.

With all the changes i think i will reload D3. I had deleted it off my computer. but hell these changes are hopefully "fixes" for the things i hated about D3

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
Another case of "this is how the game should have been on release" it seems.
I'm still having fun with D/ especially since I stopped using the AH...and even though I don't get any useful drops.
I'm now focusing on playing instead of shopping.

But the Loot 2.0, the expansion and the AH removal will be the best thing that could happen to an otherwise good game.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Tried playing a bit last night and just really lost interest. Put up my gold on the RMAH (left myself just over 1b so I can decide to come back). I might try to move my barb gear on the RMAH though, because I'm sure he will be worthless come the big patch.

Oct 20, 2005
Tried playing a bit last night and just really lost interest. Put up my gold on the RMAH (left myself just over 1b so I can decide to come back). I might try to move my barb gear on the RMAH though, because I'm sure he will be worthless come the big patch.

How much does gold go for nowadays? Last I checked which was many months ago, it was like $0.25/1M.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
like a month ago it was like 1$ per 50 mil it has gone up a bunch pretty recently, they did a round of banning or something that had a lot to do with it

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Watched the ah going away video, seems like they're finally doing many of the changes people have wanted since release. If only a no constant connection would be announced next, we'd have a good game. :)

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
I don't know if it's the best combo out there but i'm running my 60/3 dual-wielding Barb (53k HP and 57K DPS) with:

LMB: Cleave + Rupture
RMB: Rend + Lacerate
1: Furious Charge + Battering Ram
2: Revenge + Vengeance is Mine
3: Earthquake + The Mountain's Call
4: Wrath of the Berserker + Insanity

Passives: Ruthless, Weapon Master and Bloodthirst

For now (Hell MP10) i'm melting everything in my path and only some blues give me some challenge. Love Rend and Cleave, destroys masses of enemies so quickly.

I'm thinking about switching to 2H soon...but not before I find an awesome piece first.

waterjug

Jan 21, 2012
they should have just had a central trading location. Instead of selling shit, you could post what you were looking for, or what you had, and barter for other items, or even give stuff away if you had a glut of stuff. Centralized trading, and little to no inflation.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
they should have just had a central trading location. Instead of selling shit, you could post what you were looking for, or what you had, and barter for other items, or even give stuff away if you had a glut of stuff. Centralized trading, and little to no inflation.

That wouldn't really work though without some complicated multi trade going on to get an upgrade. Nobody is going to trade me my 5.5% crit mempo for a 6% crit mempo unless they are stupid. They have no use for that item, hence the reason they are trading it. Now, I could hope that I find some wizard or monk top end gear and trade it for barb top end, but then, I have to trade my old piece for maybe an upgrade.

I just don't see this helping the community. It will bring back those that hated the AH for no reason other than it existed and everyone will get bored once they max their characters out with found gear. The point of D3 was always that there was better gear and it took a long time to find it. If I can find upgrades every run, eventually, I am going to quickly hit the ceiling and those that want instant gratification and used the AH, will have nowhere to go to do that except for shady, third party sites.

They are fixing a problem a vocal minority has with a game they don't play. They are alienating a ton more users by doing this, I feel.

That also doesn't account for how they are going to have to balance the game. Gems are going to be so impossible to craft at the current prices. Even with all the materials, it costs 16 million to craft a radiant star. Now, 3 of those plus 20 million for a Marquise? No new player will ever craft one. Crafting is extremely expensive in this current model as well. With no way to generate income other than picking up meager amounts of gold, it will lead players who want to craft to either have to buy gold or bot (both of which are a problem already).

The content also has to be adjusted for the find your own stuff pace. Even with the AH, Inferno was too hard for 90% of the player base. They nerfed it hard and then again with MP levels. Now, they have to buff drops significantly (which it looks like they are doing) or make Inferno easier so it is more accessible for the common player. There are people who queue in MP10 with 50k dps in public games... Imagine if there wasn't 3 players with 300k carrying them?

Don't forget the like half of the population that is a WW barb. They get to reroll or sword and board... Yeah, that ain't happening.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005

What they have now is fine. The problem has been itemization since day one. They could roll out 2.0 and leave the AHs alone. Fix itemization and the AHs became darn near useless except for an upgrade or two UNLESS you have to have THE BEST OF THE BEST !!!!!!!

The loot was built around the AH instead of the AH being built around the loot. Trading is going to SUCK now. I HATED D2 trading for 30 minutes at time HOPING to find that one person with the item I was looking for and HOPING they had the one item I wanted. better yet, trading nonstop for sojs just to get enough to get that one item I want.

Bots are going to run the economy for trading due to pickits just like they do now.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
That wouldn't really work though without some complicated multi trade going on to get an upgrade. Nobody is going to trade me my 5.5% crit mempo for a 6% crit mempo unless they are stupid. They have no use for that item, hence the reason they are trading it. Now, I could hope that I find some wizard or monk top end gear and trade it for barb top end, but then, I have to trade my old piece for maybe an upgrade.

I just don't see this helping the community. It will bring back those that hated the AH for no reason other than it existed and everyone will get bored once they max their characters out with found gear. The point of D3 was always that there was better gear and it took a long time to find it. If I can find upgrades every run, eventually, I am going to quickly hit the ceiling and those that want instant gratification and used the AH, will have nowhere to go to do that except for shady, third party sites.

They are fixing a problem a vocal minority has with a game they don't play. They are alienating a ton more users by doing this, I feel.

That also doesn't account for how they are going to have to balance the game. Gems are going to be so impossible to craft at the current prices. Even with all the materials, it costs 16 million to craft a radiant star. Now, 3 of those plus 20 million for a Marquise? No new player will ever craft one. Crafting is extremely expensive in this current model as well. With no way to generate income other than picking up meager amounts of gold, it will lead players who want to craft to either have to buy gold or bot (both of which are a problem already).

The content also has to be adjusted for the find your own stuff pace. Even with the AH, Inferno was too hard for 90% of the player base. They nerfed it hard and then again with MP levels. Now, they have to buff drops significantly (which it looks like they are doing) or make Inferno easier so it is more accessible for the common player. There are people who queue in MP10 with 50k dps in public games... Imagine if there wasn't 3 players with 300k carrying them?

Don't forget the like half of the population that is a WW barb. They get to reroll or sword and board... Yeah, that ain't happening.

If I buy the expansion, a 0.1% chance right now, I will most likely run 2-3 bots as well. I know what sites to get all that crap setup at.

Sorry, but gems and crafting prices are retarded in it's current state for this type of change. This will get me to avoid any third party sites and get my own stuff. For example, I have 4 computers here, three can run bots while I play the game, HI DEMON BUDDY !!!!! Just a thought....

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Hm, maybe someone could build something like TF2WH for D3 once the AH is gone. Though I'm not sure what kind of 'common denominator' currency could be used since no AH is going to murder gold's value.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
What they have now is fine. The problem has been itemization since day one. They could roll out 2.0 and leave the AHs alone. Fix itemization and the AHs became darn near useless except for an upgrade or two UNLESS you have to have THE BEST OF THE BEST !!!!!!!

The loot was built around the AH instead of the AH being built around the loot. Trading is going to SUCK now. I HATED D2 trading for 30 minutes at time HOPING to find that one person with the item I was looking for and HOPING they had the one item I wanted. better yet, trading nonstop for sojs just to get enough to get that one item I want.

Bots are going to run the economy for trading due to pickits just like they do now.

The problem is that the AH is simply TOO efficient. It is so streamlined that you would be purposefully disadvantaging yourself to not use it. This damages Diablo at the core since the game is about finding cool loot for yourself, not filling out forms and clicking a buy button to get the best thing.

Adding elements of difficulty to trading, such as having to actually talk to someone and browse the wares of people, helps balance finding loot in-game vs out-of-game as well as foster a sense of community.

If I buy the expansion, a 0.1% chance right now, I will most likely run 2-3 bots as well. I know what sites to get all that crap setup at.

Sorry, but gems and crafting prices are retarded in it's current state for this type of change. This will get me to avoid any third party sites and get my own stuff. For example, I have 4 computers here, three can run bots while I play the game, HI DEMON BUDDY !!!!! Just a thought....

Oh come on. Stop throwing a temper tantrum screaming "will not buy!" and "I'll run bots, I swear I will!". Let's be reasonable here.

Running bots is in no way necessary, and you are an ass if you do.

Last edited:

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
The problem is that the AH is simply TOO efficient. It is so streamlined that you would be purposefully disadvantaging yourself to not use it. This damages Diablo at the core since the game is about finding cool loot for yourself, not filling out forms and clicking a buy button to get the best thing.

Adding elements of difficulty to trading, such as having to actually talk to someone and browse the wares of people, helps balance finding loot in-game vs out-of-game as well as foster a sense of community.

Oh come on. Stop throwing a temper tantrum screaming "will not buy!" and "I'll run bots, I swear I will!". Let's be reasonable here.

Running bots is in no way necessary, and you are an ass if you do.

That isn't adding elements to trading, it is going to take what is a great idea and turn it in to something awful. People tend to overvalue their own stuff when trading or just try to rip you off. Loot 2.0 along with the AH would be great.

I already stated before that my odds of buying the expansion are low. Now, those odds are extremely low. I do not like the majority of skill changes they are doing for the Barbarian. I bought this game to play a WW Barb.

Sorry, but if I buy this expansion, botting is looking like the way to go for gems and crafting. Blizzard needs to address gems and crafting costs badly or third party sites will destroy the economy for ladder and non ladder.