**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 360 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
Yeah it was only a rare. Had another junk stat or two like +20 arcane resistance or something but yeah, I was quite surprised when it sold lol.

Wow.. my how times have changed (1 month). No one cares about surviving anymore though. So, it's all about the trifecta. No trifecta, no sale these days. Sad

Oct 20, 2005
Wow.. my how times have changed (1 month). No one cares about surviving anymore though. So, it's all about the trifecta. No trifecta, no sale these days. Sad

Pardon my lack of D3 terminology (i'm still kinda new to the game), but what's the "trifecta"?

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
18% magicfind ring = automatic 300k

Other than that, the rest of the stats are decent but not spectacular or anything compared to what you can get on rares with the right rolls... no crit

My guesstimate is that it's worth no more than 10m... it's just a guess, I dont' have much experience with selling wizzie gear but I do think I'm overestimating it's value if anything.

Man, I sell my shit way too cheap... Think I sold an 18 mf ring for less than 100k. Too lazy to look things up on AH and compare.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
Man, I sell my shit way too cheap... Think I sold an 18 mf ring for less than 100k. Too lazy to look things up on AH and compare.

They slowly depreciate but perfect MF accessories still carry a small premium since they can be equipped on followers. That's about the only items I keep a price list on.

Last edited:

waterjug

Jan 21, 2012
From my experience, all mf does it make all the white junk turn to blue junk and the if you have over 200 base mf, all that blue junk becomes yellow junk. All junk.

amen. I love the people on here that have gotten lucky talking about how great the game is. No, it's not. You just got a random lucky drop for 1 billion and can actually afford gear to make this game fun.

Oct 20, 2005
amen. I love the people on here that have gotten lucky talking about how great the game is. No, it's not. You just got a random lucky drop for 1 billion and can actually afford gear to make this game fun.

I consider myself lucky (4 legendaries in under 65 hours) but still see the problem with this game.

I only have like 2M gold. I haven't sold anything big (all my legendaries are being used by me currently) and there was a point where my dps was just stuck under 30k. Hell, I'm barely above 40k right now and I too can see how frustrating it is to gear up.

It's a vicious cycle. If you can't find loot, you go buy it, but that costs tons of gold, which you most likely don't have b/c you can't sell anything. Rinse/repeat.

I guess I'm still trying to get myself to not compare this game to WoW. It's not an MMO and I think once come to terms with that, I'll enjoy the game more for what it is.

HopJokey

Platinum Member
May 6, 2005

I'll agree with you there, the game got way better once I was geared up.

Also I just bought 300 Million Gold at $.73/million using my RMAH proceeds. I'm speculating Gold prices will inflate with the new patch. If not I'm going to gear up royally.

waterjug

Jan 21, 2012
I consider myself lucky (4 legendaries in under 65 hours) but still see the problem with this game.

I only have like 2M gold. I haven't sold anything big (all my legendaries are being used by me currently) and there was a point where my dps was just stuck under 30k. Hell, I'm barely above 40k right now and I too can see how frustrating it is to gear up.

It's a vicious cycle. If you can't find loot, you go buy it, but that costs tons of gold, which you most likely don't have b/c you can't sell anything. Rinse/repeat.

I guess I'm still trying to get myself to not compare this game to WoW. It's not an MMO and I think once come to terms with that, I'll enjoy the game more for what it is.

yah, I'm at 29K with my barb currently, hit about 35K when WW'ing. Literally the highest I've ever been.

HopJokey

Platinum Member
May 6, 2005
Just found some Lacuni in the Fields of Slaughter. A bad roll but I'll take it:

Screenshot035.jpg

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
update on my legendary drop progress since my last post on it:

30. cindercoat - 800k
31. sever- donated
32. nats set(chest) - 25m
33. azurewrath(sword) - 200k
34. skysplitter(axe) - donated
35. skorn (2haxe) - 72m
36. stormshield - 13m
37. stormshield - 1m
38. giant skull - vendored
39. fury of van peak(2h mighty) - 2.5m
40. andariels(helm) - 600k
41. Nats set(boots) - 47m
42. won kim lau - donated
43. promise of glory(bracer) - vendored
-got these 3 tonight
44. nailbiter(1h mace) - vendored
45. zunimassa set(boots) - tbd
46. empyrean(spear) - donated

Last edited:

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Found 2 uniques today within a span of probably half an hour: Hellrack crossbow and a crappy lvl 60 2H polearm with only 900-ish dps. I actually have 4 or 5 uniques in my stash that won't sell for starting bids set at 100k-200k and buyouts below 1 million.

And I went looking for a better weapon with no luck. Hard to beat a 2H crossbow with 50 crit dmg and a socket plus 150 vit without spending a few million.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Haven't found any legendaries since the first day of 1.0.4. I found an Andariel's helm which I just sold today. I was watching the auction and it was sitting at 8.7M right through the last minute, then when it finally sold, I had 12.5M. Yay snipers.

I'm up to 151k dps now.

Oct 20, 2005
Just got another legendary! woot.

It was a messerschmidt revear. The stats seemed kinda bland on it. I think I will put this one up on the AH.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
How much do you have to play to make it that far? I'm only at level 28 and probably put in 50+ (sad, maybe 100?) hours after 1.04 already.

I honestly have no idea. The highest I've seen personally, is 39, and they have 700+ hours on their character. I have 225 hours on my monk and he's only 23. >.< Of course, 170 of those hours were prior to 1.04.

I know there's better ways to exp than others, but probably around 2000+ hours? Lol.

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
Haven't found any legendaries since the first day of 1.0.4. I found an Andariel's helm which I just sold today. I was watching the auction and it was sitting at 8.7M right through the last minute, then when it finally sold, I had 12.5M. Yay snipers.

I'm up to 151k dps now.

how tf do u manage 150k dps with a paltry 1500 dex?

Soccerman06

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Werent people pl100 after like 2 weeks of 1.0.4? Seems like you guys are just doing it wrong if your only in the mids 20s after 50 some hours imo

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
Werent people pl100 after like 2 weeks of 1.0.4? Seems like you guys are just doing it wrong if your only in the mids 20s after 50 some hours imo

As unfortunate as it is, some people manage lives outside of gaming, like, mortgages, full-time jobs, spouse, kids, etc...

I guarantee everyone PL80+ isn't doing 1 or more of the above.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
how tf do u manage 150k dps with a paltry 1500 dex?

That's with sharpshooter maxed. I don't bother with crit chance and focus on crit dmg. I've got 299% crit dmg, and sharpshooter gives me +3% crit chance every second, and once you crit, every shot you take within 1 second also crits, and then it resets back to zero and starts climbing up again.

I've taken dex off my DH in favour of crit dmg and it works out great.

Basically, I can just walk around between packs and get up to 100% crit. When I find an elite pack, I target them with marked for death (+25% dmg and the rune makes nearby enemies take damage too for a nice AoE effect), then plant 3 spike traps (1.2 second fuse), and then fire a few hungering arrows (with spray of teeth for AoE).

The hungering arrows are 165% weapon damage with something like 65% AoE, and I get 2 of them off. The spike traps are something like 465% weapon damage to everything within 8 yards. Add an extra 25% dmg from marked for death, and some more from the AoE rune on it, then bump everything up by 299% because it all crits.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001

They probably all had tons of great gear and radiant star rubies in their helmets ready to go (and the gold to buy them all). Then they put the pizza guy on automatic re-up, wheel the toilet into the living room, and have at 'er.

JJ650

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000
I average about 1 legendary a week. Last night was the week's find:
Manticore
1s
97% crit
17x dex
15xvit
and the rest of the basic manitcore rolls.

Last Week was a good one (still won't sell tho!)
Dead Man's Legacy
23X dex
298 Vit
9% crit
IAS 18%
8% elemental Arrow crit dmg.
and the other base stats for this quiver.

easy 150-200m quiver if I can sell. Everytime I put in trade chat, the low ballers come out of the woodwork. "NO WAY MAN. 5 MILL TOPS. WILL GIVE 4!"

orbster556

Dec 14, 2005
Although I purchased the game at release, I stopped playing almost immediately as I didn't find it all that enjoyable. Recently, however, I started playing again and, although I am only a lvl 31 Wiz, I am having a really fun time with the game.

As such, I was hoping to try some public matches as I gather that it makes the game more enjoyable and increases the odds of better loot drops. On account of my being a relative noob to public matchmaking, I was wondering whether there was anything I should look out for in public matches; I'm primarily concerned with loot scams, cons and the like but any other thoughts or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Regards,