**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 358 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
wow i got .25 cents on my auction for 1.25 lol
so many people go thru that much trouble for a quarter?

waterjug

Jan 21, 2012
*sigh* sucks seeing people on here with decent gear and I'm getting murdered on A3 with my barb. 30K dmg, 32k life. 1000 res's with war cry. Never saw a single piece of gear in game I could use. Have to go to AH, but I can't accumulate any gold because I never find anything worth selling. Best item sale so far was 4M for something, 2nd best was about 2M, and then after that was like 200k. If I had that kind of luck in real life I would've cut my own throat in front of my mother.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
*sigh* sucks seeing people on here with decent gear and I'm getting murdered on A3 with my barb. 30K dmg, 32k life. 1000 res's with war cry. Never saw a single piece of gear in game I could use. Have to go to AH, but I can't accumulate any gold because I never find anything worth selling. Best item sale so far was 4M for something, 2nd best was about 2M, and then after that was like 200k. If I had that kind of luck in real life I would've cut my own throat in front of my mother.

normally i'd say hang in there, i started with 5k dps and slowly upgrade 1 piece at a time as i saved up. however with the ww nerf coming up, dunno what to say now LOL

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
wow i got .25 cents on my auction for 1.25 lol
so many people go thru that much trouble for a quarter?

Ya, things use to sell for $2 and up, so at least a dollar usually. Think of it this way: you wouldn't have a cent if they didn't make the game and run the auction house. Well, that floats my boat when I get $.25. FML.

That's why I prefer to sell gold. They take 15% then 15% to transfer to paypal, but it's less than the flat $1 commission. You get 2/3 of a $1.25 (min price) transaction.

Oct 20, 2005
Question about Energy Twister and the Storm Chaser rune.

It says you can stack up to 3 charges and then release them on the next sig spell.

What is the point of getting 3 stacks? Is the released tornado more powerful? The size definitely is the same whether you release with 1, 2, or 3 stacks.

Can anyone answer my question?

EDIT: ok, re-read the tooltip a bit more carefully and the key part I missed was the very last sentence where it says "per wind charge". der.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2005
Also, sometimes I will see another character who is a high level and decked out with nice gear, appear as if they are almost wearing nothing.

I think this happens with barbs on my team. They have some amazing gear but their character appearance is as if they were level 1's or something.

Common bug?

orbster556

Dec 14, 2005
I posted this over in the TL2 thread, so figured I'd might as well also solicit opinions in this thread:

Hey All:

Although never a fan of aRPGS, I purchased D3 shortly after release and, not surprisingly, stopped playing shortly thereafter; it wasn't anything wrong with the game, it was simply that I didn't really enjoy aRPGS. Recently, looking for something to play, I tried D3 again and actually found it enjoyable. Although only a lvl 20 sorc, I am definitely having a good time playing the game.

Before playing more D3, however, I was wondering whether I might be served switching over to TL2? I know everything is a matter of opinion -- and I don't want to start a flame war -- so what are the most salient differences between the gameplay of D3 and TL2? From searching this thread, I gather that the unique loot drops are more common in TL2 b/c the devs didn't have to worry about a RMAH. Apart from gameplay, any other important differences between the two?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Regards,

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Wonder if I should sell my gold now or horde it until 1.05 comes out. Price is now only around $0.80 per million. It was $1.90 a few weeks back:(.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

rest assured, you're not alone. time to move on.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Wonder if I should sell my gold now or horde it until 1.05 comes out. Price is now only around $0.80 per million. It was $1.90 a few weeks back:(.

Wait till 1.05 comes out. It spikes just after patches and when they do ban waves for bots. They haven't done a ban wave in over 3 weeks.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001

Uhhh if you're getting murdered in A3 then it means you don't belong there.
Go farm A2. They have chances to drop the higest tier pieces as well.
I farmed A2 exclusively while i was pumping out like 30k dps on my monk. Found a nice skullgrasp which i flipped for 25mil. Geared and now I'm farming A3 with 70-80k dps.

also if you do Full Clear A1 with your Barb you accumulate about 1 - 1.5 mil per full clear.
You should be doing an act that you can efficiently clear.

Right now~ the gear prices are insanely low. Especially if you're not going for best of the best. Mid-Tier pieces which you can use to farm A3 can be had for under 25k

Last edited:

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
I was really dissapointed by D3 pre-1.04, however now I'm loving it big time. Don't know if it will have the staying power of D2, but I think they got it right. I am endulging all my urges to grind it out and gear hunt

Love seeing those innocent treasure pygmys and disembowling them!

waterjug

Jan 21, 2012
rest assured, you're not alone. time to move on.

I've played 100 hours since 1.04 came out and I'm at 0 legendaries. I haven't found anything worth more than 25k on AH in more than 3 weeks so I can't accumulate money, and I can't get further into A3 than I already am with the gear I have now. Even farming A2 vault of the assassin I'm not finding anything. This game is so poorly made it's literally killed my love of video games.

And for those saying farm A2, about 25 hours I've farmed it. I counted the # of i63 rares I've found...it's less than 1 per hour. None of them were sellable (3 of the primary stats, no RA, no crit, etc. Just trash). What an awful game.

HopJokey

Platinum Member
May 6, 2005
I've played 100 hours since 1.04 came out and I'm at 0 legendaries. I haven't found anything worth more than 25k on AH in more than 3 weeks so I can't accumulate money, and I can't get further into A3 than I already am with the gear I have now. Even farming A2 vault of the assassin I'm not finding anything. This game is so poorly made it's literally killed my love of video games.

And for those saying farm A2, about 25 hours I've farmed it. I counted the # of i63 rares I've found...it's less than 1 per hour. None of them were sellable (3 of the primary stats, no RA, no crit, etc. Just trash). What an awful game.

Yet you keep playing. You know what to do.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea pretty much it's like playing lotto hoping for your # to come up with an epic drop so you can sell it and gear up. i'm still stuck while some of my friends have progressed way beyond me LOL

Oct 20, 2005
Roughly how much would this item be worth on the gold AH? I just found it earlier tonight:

Oculus Ring:
+163 Int
+85 Vit
+63 All resist
+237 armor
+18% Crit Dmg
+18% Magic find

I'm currently using it on my wizard, but if it can fetch a decent amount of gold, i'd consider parting it.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
It seems stuff is slowly getting cheaper on the AH now. Not top of the line stuff mind you, but decent stuff. I just passed inferno diablo this weekend for the first time using my DH.

You can get farther in the game now because other people are getting stronger. I've been in a few groups where a wizard stun locks pretty much everything, a barb tanks and ups everyone's resistances with war cry, and another DH just blows everything out of the water.

For auction house stuff, if you want something with 200 dex, try searching for 190 dex. Most people search nice round numbers so you see a huge price jump.