**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 359 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Roughly how much would this item be worth on the gold AH? I just found it earlier tonight:

Oculus Ring:
+163 Int
+85 Vit
+63 All resist
+237 armor
+18% Crit Dmg
+18% Magic find

I'm currently using it on my wizard, but if it can fetch a decent amount of gold, i'd consider parting it.

Why don't you search the AH for something with stats that are just below those?

Search for an oculus ring with 150 Int, 60 all res. See what comes up.

Oct 20, 2005
Woot, got an echoing fury just now.

2 legendaries tonight.

4 total in about 63 hours of play time. Not too bad.

Last edited:

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i've just been doing vault runs and every 500k or so that i have, been making star gems.
i doubt i'll get to the 100s of millions a lot of players in the game seem to have, so i'll just upgrade my gems hehe.

j3poy

Apr 27, 2012
Weird, my home ip address got banned for no reason just said to contact administrator (anand forums).

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
I did, saw a wide range of prices. Just wanted to get some input from the ATOT players here.

Probably the lowest of those prices.

You can put a level 55 2h sword that does 134 dps on the AH for 500M gold - doesn't mean it'll sell.

Sort by time left, then see what the prices are for the ones with a few hours left to go.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
I did, saw a wide range of prices. Just wanted to get some input from the ATOT players here.

18% magicfind ring = automatic 300k

Other than that, the rest of the stats are decent but not spectacular or anything compared to what you can get on rares with the right rolls... no crit

My guesstimate is that it's worth no more than 10m... it's just a guess, I dont' have much experience with selling wizzie gear but I do think I'm overestimating it's value if anything.

Oct 20, 2005
Probably the lowest of those prices.

You can put a level 55 2h sword that does 134 dps on the AH for 500M gold - doesn't mean it'll sell.

Sort by time left, then see what the prices are for the ones with a few hours left to go.

yeah, i knew that just b/c it's on the AH doesnt mean it'll sell for that much.

But great idea with sorting by the time left. I wish there was a "completed" filter like on ebay. I usually search stuff on ebay by completed listings to see what actual selling prices are. Would be nice if this was available on bnet's AH heh.

Oct 20, 2005
18% magicfind ring = automatic 300k

Other than that, the rest of the stats are decent but not spectacular or anything compared to what you can get on rares with the right rolls... no crit

My guesstimate is that it's worth no more than 10m... it's just a guess, I dont' have much experience with selling wizzie gear but I do think I'm overestimating it's value if anything.

Cool, appreciate your input.

DAGTA

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've switched over to Torchlight 2. It's what Diablo 3 should have been: fun, rewarding, massive amounts of sets (I'm level 32 and I've already worn several partial sets with partial set bonuses), uniques, different gems, side quests, secret rooms, enchanting, weapons that can self-upgrade once you meet specific criteria, no lag, no auction house, etc.

Once I hit the same number of hours in TL2 as D3, I'll compare them and see which one is still more fun.

kevinsbane

Jun 16, 2010
MF affects the rolls of the items and not the drop rate.
MF increases the drop rate of high # of affix items more than fewer affix items (it increases the apparent quality of rare items by skewing the proportion of rares towards 6 affix rolls) but has no effect on the quality of the affix roll itself.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Oh is that so? Interesting.

So if I had more MF like 300%, then the stats on the drops are better?

not necessarily.

lets say a rare drops and it's usually a 3-4 affix having more mf increases your chance to get 5-6 affix items.

more affix is better chance for your item to roll better stats

kevinsbane

Jun 16, 2010
not necessarily.

lets say a rare drops and it's usually a 3-4 affix having more mf increases your chance to get 5-6 affix items.

more affix is better chance for your item to roll better stats

MF increases your chances of a 6 affix rare dropping. Then it increases your chances of a 5 affix rare dropping, then 4fix, etc. It increases the 6fix more than the 5fix, more than the 4fix etc. The result is that the apparent quality of the rares improve. The ratio gets skewed towards the higher quality (that is, more affix) rares because of how MF works. It does not improve the actual quality of rares that you get, it just improves the ratio. That is, MF improves the number of drops of 3fix rares slower than 6fix rares.

So, +100% would mean you might get twice as many 6fix rares (5->10), but only 50% more 3fix rares (20->30). So you go from 5/25 (20%) 6fix rares to 10/40 (25%) 6fix drops. You would not go from 5/25 6fix to 10/25 6fix with +100% MF.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
I've switched over to Torchlight 2. It's what Diablo 3 should have been: fun, rewarding, massive amounts of sets (I'm level 32 and I've already worn several partial sets with partial set bonuses), uniques, different gems, side quests, secret rooms, enchanting, weapons that can self-upgrade once you meet specific criteria, no lag, no auction house, etc.

Once I hit the same number of hours in TL2 as D3, I'll compare them and see which one is still more fun.

This is the annoying thing. There are level ~55 sets and legendaries at basically all levels, but they are so rare that no one ever gets them. By the time you've farmed enough to fill out a full level 55 set, you're hitting paragon 80 at level 60.

KevinCU

Jan 14, 2009
Roughly how much would this item be worth on the gold AH? I just found it earlier tonight:

Oculus Ring:
+163 Int
+85 Vit
+63 All resist
+237 armor
+18% Crit Dmg
+18% Magic find

I'm currently using it on my wizard, but if it can fetch a decent amount of gold, i'd consider parting it.

This is probably mostly irrelevant to your item/situation but a couple of months ago I was able to sell a ring with only +~140 int and 70 AR for 50m buyout.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
From my experience, all mf does it make all the white junk turn to blue junk and the if you have over 200 base mf, all that blue junk becomes yellow junk. All junk.

Oct 20, 2005
This is probably mostly irrelevant to your item/situation but a couple of months ago I was able to sell a ring with only +~140 int and 70 AR for 50m buyout.

wow really? Was it just a rare ring or was it an actual legendary? I guess legendaries sucked back then so it must have been a rare right?

KevinCU

Jan 14, 2009
wow really? Was it just a rare ring or was it an actual legendary? I guess legendaries sucked back then so it must have been a rare right?

Yeah it was only a rare. Had another junk stat or two like +20 arcane resistance or something but yeah, I was quite surprised when it sold lol.