**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 361 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
I average about 1 legendary a week. Last night was the week's find:
Manticore
1s
97% crit
17x dex
15xvit
and the rest of the basic manitcore rolls.

Last Week was a good one (still won't sell tho!)
Dead Man's Legacy
23X dex
298 Vit
9% crit
IAS 18%
8% elemental Arrow crit dmg.
and the other base stats for this quiver.

easy 150-200m quiver if I can sell. Everytime I put in trade chat, the low ballers come out of the woodwork. "NO WAY MAN. 5 MILL TOPS. WILL GIVE 4!"

deadman's prices have dropped. Not sure if it's an easy 150-200m now. But that definitely is a nice roll indeed.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
As unfortunate as it is, some people manage lives outside of gaming, like, mortgages, full-time jobs, spouse, kids, etc... I guarantee everyone PL80+ isn't doing 1 or more of the above.

For comparison my barb is paragon lvl 61 and has 208 hours on it. From what I've read lvling paragon 1 to 55 is a quarter of the way to paragon 100 in terms of XP needed. I figure I hit 55 after about 150 hours so I figure another 450 hours to hit 100 if the game stays 1.04.

It gets easier with 1.05 so I figure cut that down a bit to say 300 hrs or 400 hrs total to get from 1-100.

1.05 will also gimp your gears so if you care about its value, might wanna think about selling. Rares can now roll higher stats than the current cap. (e.g rings can roll higher than 4.5% crit)

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2005
Werent people pl100 after like 2 weeks of 1.0.4? Seems like you guys are just doing it wrong if your only in the mids 20s after 50 some hours imo

Seems like you don't realize that those who did get PL100 in such a short time did nothing but play D3 24/7 with the best gear and probably spent lots of $ to buy their gear. Us normal people will take 50 hours to get mid 20's PL.

Mantle

Aug 5, 2004
The current difficulty in 1.0.4 is roughly equivalent to Monster Power 2 or Monster Power 3 in 1.0.5. (Monster Power 0 is just the setting the game will default to when you first log in.)

Is Monster Power 0 = "No Monster Power" in the choose quest options?
Correct!

And if so, are the monster levels 61/62/63 for A1/2/3? Or even on 0 are they 63/63/63? Thanks.
Monster Power is considered "on" once you bump it up to Monster Power 1, at which point all monsters in Inferno become level 63. "No Monster Power" means that the system is technically "off," so monster levels will remain the same and you won't get any of the scaling XP/GF/MF boosts.

Must be bugged then, because MP1 the bosses tear through my char where normally it was only the rarest of the rare that could do that with my MF set.
Are you a) playing on your witch doctor and B) using a very similar build to what's in your profile? This is just for context so I can pass on the information (though you might also want to report this in the PTR Bug Report forum)

I haven't logged on yet to see but does the increase to monster power increase chances for higher end ilvl's drops in Act 1 or 2?.
So, the moment you go into Inferno with any kind of Monster Power (e.g. Monster Power 1 and above), all monsters become level 63, and they can now all drop iLevel 63 items the same way that Act III and Act IV Inferno currently do. However, bumping up Monster Power beyond 1 will not further increase your chance of getting iLevel 63 items.

Taken from
http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/237380-what-mp-is-104-equivalent-too/

HopJokey

Platinum Member
May 6, 2005
Although I purchased the game at release, I stopped playing almost immediately as I didn't find it all that enjoyable. Recently, however, I started playing again and, although I am only a lvl 31 Wiz, I am having a really fun time with the game.

As such, I was hoping to try some public matches as I gather that it makes the game more enjoyable and increases the odds of better loot drops. On account of my being a relative noob to public matchmaking, I was wondering whether there was anything I should look out for in public matches; I'm primarily concerned with loot scams, cons and the like but any other thoughts or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Regards,

I can't think of anything you should be worried about. Maybe avoid trading with strangers, but I believe all the known loopholes have been fixed.

Maybe try playing with AT'ers. You can add me: HopJokey#1367.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
The current difficulty in 1.0.4 is roughly equivalent to Monster Power 2 or Monster Power 3 in 1.0.5. (Monster Power 0 is just the setting the game will default to when you first log in.)

Is Monster Power 0 = "No Monster Power" in the choose quest options?
Correct!

And if so, are the monster levels 61/62/63 for A1/2/3? Or even on 0 are they 63/63/63? Thanks.
Monster Power is considered "on" once you bump it up to Monster Power 1, at which point all monsters in Inferno become level 63. "No Monster Power" means that the system is technically "off," so monster levels will remain the same and you won't get any of the scaling XP/GF/MF boosts.

Must be bugged then, because MP1 the bosses tear through my char where normally it was only the rarest of the rare that could do that with my MF set.
Are you a) playing on your witch doctor and B) using a very similar build to what's in your profile? This is just for context so I can pass on the information (though you might also want to report this in the PTR Bug Report forum)

I haven't logged on yet to see but does the increase to monster power increase chances for higher end ilvl's drops in Act 1 or 2?.
So, the moment you go into Inferno with any kind of Monster Power (e.g. Monster Power 1 and above), all monsters become level 63, and they can now all drop iLevel 63 items the same way that Act III and Act IV Inferno currently do. However, bumping up Monster Power beyond 1 will not further increase your chance of getting iLevel 63 items.

Taken from
http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/237380-what-mp-is-104-equivalent-too/

There does not appear to be any sort of benefits of going beyond MP1. Doing the infernal machine quest more than once also seem pointless given the variability of the reward. You'd sooner hit paragon 100 before you get the ring you like.

That's what I got out of what I've read.

Mantle

Aug 5, 2004
There does not appear to be any sort of benefits of going beyond MP1. Doing the infernal machine quest more than once also seem pointless given the variability of the reward. You'd sooner hit paragon 100 before you get the ring you like.

That's what I got out of what I've read.

I have not seen what the mf benefit is per level of monster power. Has that been posted somewhere?

Infernal machine does seem to be another huge grind to get some good RNG. Just wonder if the new ubers are at least fun fights

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I have not seen what the mf benefit is per level of monster power. Has that been posted somewhere?

Infernal machine does seem to be another huge grind to get some good RNG. Just wonder if the new ubers are at least fun fights

It's 25/25 for Gold and Magic find per monster level or 250% at MP10. Experience bonus per MP is roughly 10% but it may be a little bit more.

MP of 1 bumps all mobs to lvl 63 which makes this setting the bare minimum you should aim for. It would mean that all rares dropped in inferno can roll up to lvl 63 affixes.

Also, currently on the test server the items that were limited to ilvl 62 like rings/amulets/class specific armors can now have ilvl 63 stats. This means that amulets are dropping with 100% CD and 10% CC, rings have 50% CD and 6% CC and stuff like wizard helms have 6% CC. There hasn't been any confirmation as to if this is intentional or will be changed. It just means that any item that had a max ilvl of 62 before is now nowhere near high end.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
For comparison my barb is paragon lvl 61 and has 208 hours on it. From what I've read lvling paragon 1 to 55 is a quarter of the way to paragon 100 in terms of XP needed. I figure I hit 55 after about 150 hours so I figure another 450 hours to hit 100 if the game stays 1.04.

It gets easier with 1.05 so I figure cut that down a bit to say 300 hrs or 400 hrs total to get from 1-100.

1.05 will also gimp your gears so if you care about its value, might wanna think about selling. Rares can now roll higher stats than the current cap. (e.g rings can roll higher than 4.5% crit)

Are they changing it out on the Set rings as well ?
meaning for example.
The Wailing Host has 4.5% crit. Is that now going to roll higher than 4.5 ?

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
meaning for example.

You should be so lucky ;)

Nah, more than likely, your old gear is relegated to the worthless pile and you get to spend more cash in the RMAH for the new shinies... isn't capitalism great?

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
meaning for example.

There have been a couple of posts about legendary and set item affix rolls and whether they will be affected as well. I looked through today and can't find any post where they confirmed if the item changes are staying and if they are whether set/legendary will also be affected.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
There have been a couple of posts about legendary and set item affix rolls and whether they will be affected as well. I looked through today and can't find any post where they confirmed if the item changes are staying and if they are whether set/legendary will also be affected.

I spent 40 mil on my wailing host not too long ago. They better not Blizz me on it ~ !! :)

Oh someone added me on here then removed me on their friend list b/c I declined their in game advances to play together. And you send the request at the weirdest times when I'm doing a quick run before heading out or the last one where I was at azmodan before heading out to go apple picking with the SO.

I think the 3 strikes were

1. Was at work logged in so wasn't playing but shuffling stuff for AH.
2. Running with DarkxShade
3. Doing a quick Cursed Tower run and was at azmo before going apple picking.

Not sure who you are on here, but If you want we can schedule to run :) Just need a heads up. If I'm already running it probably means I'm either going to finish that run first or start one fresh.

Last edited:

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
Here's a good explanation that makes sense from a bnet poster:

Jewelry is "buffed" because it can now get ilvl63 affixes. The buff will also apply to everything else that can't be ilvl63 currently:
*Class specific Armor: Mighty Belts, Cloaks, Spirit Stones, Voodoo Mask, Wizard Hat
*Amulet and Rings
*Follower Special Items

Edit: Technically, ilvl62 and lower pieces of other types are getting buffed up to being able to have the ilvl63 affix values. However, only the slots I listed will now have a different max than before.

Using that logic, it seems wailing host may roll the new stats unless the legendary had a hard cap on the fixed affixes. But if you're counting on a retroactive buff to existing gear, time to cut losses and move along

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005

Jewelry is "buffed" because it can now get ilvl63 affixes. The buff will also apply to everything else that can't be ilvl63 currently:
*Class specific Armor: Mighty Belts, Cloaks, Spirit Stones, Voodoo Mask, Wizard Hat
*Amulet and Rings
*Follower Special Items

Sources for wizards and docs are now at 63 as well which means they can roll higher damage, crit and stat bonuses.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001

*Amulet and Rings
*Follower Special Items

Edit: Technically, ilvl62 and lower pieces of other types are getting buffed up to being able to have the ilvl63 affix values. However, only the slots I listed will now have a different max than before.

Using that logic, it seems wailing host may roll the new stats unless the legendary had a hard cap on the fixed affixes. But if you're counting on a retroactive buff to existing gear, time to cut losses and move along

as it is right now~ you can get new gear, but you can expect to take hit every month or so with a patch release.

Whatever gets used by the masses will be either nerfed in some sort of way or form to make the game more retarded as things go.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Sources for wizards and docs are now at 63 as well which means they can roll higher damage, crit and stat bonuses.

which pretty much makes every wizards and doc's off hand prices to tank accordingly.
ridiculous if you ask me.

Someone spent lets say 50 bucks on RMAH and a week later they patch and start releasing higher ilvl sources. I'd be pissed.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
which pretty much makes every wizards and doc's off hand prices to tank accordingly.

Someone spent lets say 50 bucks on RMAH and a week later they patch and start releasing higher ilvl sources. I'd be pissed.

to be expected, right? Beta game gets beta results. Those of us who don't contribute to the RMAH would point and laugh.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

Yeah. I think issues like this make the RMAH idiotic.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Boy, did I feel smart last night for a minute: I thought I could actually make gold by just buying gems, upgrading them, and reselling. After crunching numbers, I realized I could make a whole few hundred gold her perfect square net... You make about as much by just selling the flawless squares on the AH.

I just got rid of my star ruby (25% exp bonus) in my helm in favour of an emerald. Screw it, I can use the extra gold more than the whole 3% passive upgrade to mf/gf after every 10 or so hours.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Boy, did I feel smart last night for a minute: I thought I could actually make gold by just buying gems, upgrading them, and reselling. After crunching numbers, I realized I could make a whole few hundred gold her perfect square net... You make about as much by just selling the flawless squares on the AH.

I just got rid of my star ruby (25% exp bonus) in my helm in favour of an emerald. Screw it, I can use the extra gold more than the whole 3% passive upgrade to mf/gf after every 10 or so hours.

yea Gems are a waste right now. Noone wants to pay for upgraded Gems and after the AH fees you actually may end up losing gold.

I usually offer my services to craft Free, but most people Tip. i've gotten as little as 50k and as much as 300k.

I craft almost all gems minus the radiants except for amythest. I got all the plans for that.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Haven't found any legendaries since the first day of 1.0.4. I found an Andariel's helm which I just sold today. I was watching the auction and it was sitting at 8.7M right through the last minute, then when it finally sold, I had 12.5M. Yay snipers.

I'm up to 151k dps now.

yea Gems are a waste right now. Noone wants to pay for upgraded Gems and after the AH fees you actually may end up losing gold.

I usually offer my services to craft Free, but most people Tip. i've gotten as little as 50k and as much as 300k.

I craft almost all gems minus the radiants except for amythest. I got all the plans for that.

The plans are pretty cheap now. I finally bought the flawless star plans for ruby and emerald on the weekend for 1.5 million tota. - they were listed higher, but I got refunds after the buyout. Weird.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Sold an item for 105m O_O hooray :D - My 2nd ever best selling item was like 3 to 4m.

Immortal King's Stride with 160 vit. I don't understand why it was so expensive but I'm happy. People be crazy.

I can get a few nice things for my character I guess but I will probably wait until after the 1.05 patch since some items might change and all AH prices will go down across the board. Also I might sell the gold and payoff the original cost of Diablo 3, always been a goal of mine.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
The plans are pretty cheap now. I finally bought the flawless star plans for ruby and emerald on the weekend for 1.5 million tota. - they were listed higher, but I got refunds after the buyout. Weird.

yea the only things i'm really missing are the radiant plans.
I may end up picking them up.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
OK, quick question. If I understand everything right, as of 1.05, affixes drop based on the monster, not the item. Setting monster power 1 turns all monsters to level 63. So, you can now run though act 1 as MP1, and basically get quality drops without having to deal with all the special enemy types in later acts?