**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 362 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
OK, quick question. If I understand everything right, as of 1.05, affixes drop based on the monster, not the item. Setting monster power 1 turns all monsters to level 63. So, you can now run though act 1 as MP1, and basically get quality drops without having to deal with all the special enemy types in later acts?

That's correct... so item levels don't mean squat from what I can tell... a lvl 61 ring can roll 6% crit as does a lvl 63 ring. MP10 has no advantages over MP1 in that regard.

Mantle

Aug 5, 2004
It's 25/25 for Gold and Magic find per monster level or 250% at MP10. Experience bonus per MP is roughly 10% but it may be a little bit more.

MP of 1 bumps all mobs to lvl 63 which makes this setting the bare minimum you should aim for. It would mean that all rares dropped in inferno can roll up to lvl 63 affixes.

Also, currently on the test server the items that were limited to ilvl 62 like rings/amulets/class specific armors can now have ilvl 63 stats. This means that amulets are dropping with 100% CD and 10% CC, rings have 50% CD and 6% CC and stuff like wizard helms have 6% CC. There hasn't been any confirmation as to if this is intentional or will be changed. It just means that any item that had a max ilvl of 62 before is now nowhere near high end.

Found a few more details

Each MP level adds 25% MF, MP levels 1-3 add 10% exp each, 4-6 add 15% exp each, 7-9 add 20% exp each, and 10 adds 25%. The aggregate bonuses for +MF% and +exp% at MP 10 are therefore 250% and 160% respectively.

These are values in inferno and do break the 300% cap

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/109x5v/ptr_is_up/c6bn5dz

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
Found a few more details

Each MP level adds 25% MF, MP levels 1-3 add 10% exp each, 4-6 add 15% exp each, 7-9 add 20% exp each, and 10 adds 25%. The aggregate bonuses for +MF% and +exp% at MP 10 are therefore 250% and 160% respectively.

These are values in inferno and do break the 300% cap

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/109x5v/ptr_is_up/c6bn5dz

It does not give added paragon experience from what I have read, total fail.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
Sold an item for 105m O_O hooray :D - My 2nd ever best selling item was like 3 to 4m.

Immortal King's Stride with 160 vit. I don't understand why it was so expensive but I'm happy. People be crazy.

I can get a few nice things for my character I guess but I will probably wait until after the 1.05 patch since some items might change and all AH prices will go down across the board. Also I might sell the gold and payoff the original cost of Diablo 3, always been a goal of mine.

The boots are bugged and only roll the low level of the two options for str and vit then you have the off roll.

Your off roll was very good.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
I hope they add an 'ID All' command in an upcoming patch or cut the time to identify an item by 2/3rds or something. Takes forever to ID all those items

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I hope they add an 'ID All' command in an upcoming patch or cut the time to identify an item by 2/3rds or something. Takes forever to ID all those items

OMFG, I sure hope so. With "only" 160% MF, half my inventory is usually filled with rares, and it's so stupid to have to click on each one at a time, then wait to have them ID'd. The hell is the point?

CalebRockeT

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2003
They're cutting ID time for rares to 1 second in 1.0.5.

Found this today... By far my best legendary drop thus far.

Xephirian Amulet
+75 Intelligence
+259 Armor
+39% Extra Gold from Monsters
Regenerates 354 Life per Second
39% Better Chance of Finding Magical Items
+116 Maxmimum Mana
(Witch Doctor Only)

Searching in the AH, there are only 5 items with Int and Armor... Of which, only two of them have an Int "class only" attribute. So, it's hard to say how much this is worth. Any rough estimates?

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
Eureka! Finally got a legendary that didn't go in the vendor's pack. A SoJ with 30% bonus elite damage. Been waiting for this day to hit...it sure did take long enough!

Also found a manticore, but that was only a simple 1m. Meh.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
They're cutting ID time for rares to 1 second in 1.0.5.

Found this today... By far my best legendary drop thus far.

Xephirian Amulet
+75 Intelligence
+259 Armor
+39% Extra Gold from Monsters
Regenerates 354 Life per Second
39% Better Chance of Finding Magical Items
+116 Maxmimum Mana (Witch Doctor Only)

Searching in the AH, there are only 5 items with Int and Armor... Of which, only two of them have an Int "class only" attribute. So, it's hard to say how much this is worth. Any rough estimates?

I don't play a WD at all, but the INT isn't terribly high. I'm guessing probably around 3-4m, and only because of the GF/MF. Someone else may know better. I'd also say the maximum mana probably doesn't affect the price all that much.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Eureka! Finally got a legendary that didn't go in the vendor's pack. A SoJ with 30% bonus elite damage. Been waiting for this day to hit...it sure did take long enough!

Also found a manticore, but that was only a simple 1m. Meh.

which char roll soj is it ?

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
WD. I don't remember the exact stats but it was like 5% damage boost to holy and some mana. One other useless stat I think. It's on the AH for 28m/40m.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
well I tried PTR and that's it for me until 1.05

I'm selling off my gear now before they lose any more value

MP1 is ridiculously easy that I can just gear up for under 1m and steamroll
MP3 is as they say equiv to current inferno and I did it fine without war cry
tried MP10 and it's pretty much just mobs with 10x the hp and 3x the dmg output... Basically feels like release day D3 difficulty with more hp.

And since MP1 loot is pretty much the same as MP10, I'm not losing out by being gimped at the start.

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
Inevitable. I enjoy playing though, and don't want to sell all my gear waiting for that day. I don't have anything that's "overly valued" in the public's eye anyways - since I didn't gear with legendaries and just stuck to getting dex/vit/resist/resist all/pickup - so I think I'll just keep trucking on.

I'm glad [and dismayed] at the changes, but this will make the game more enjoyable for more people - which is what Blizzard is usually all about.

I won't be laying down large amounts of gold until the patch comes though, that's for sure. Warning heeded; thanks. ;)

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
found legendary source today for WD

Thing of the Deep. Haven't id'd yet. maybe tomorrow
Skorn I found the other day rolled 1400+ dps with 175% crit 300+ str

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
This is a record, I now have about 12 million gold. I've sold probably 10 million or more for money.

And shit, I think gold is down to $0.60/million.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
holy

woke up middle of the night, checked my AH completions tab and my offhand weapons(which I mentioned about in an earlier post) sold for 250m(before fees) 212.5m after o_O

pandemonium

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2011
Wow. Consider yourself lucky. Apparently the decline in trading hasn't hit yet in lieu of patch changes for easier loot. Maybe I will have to liquedate a few things...hmm. I hope that SoJ I posted sold! :D

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
wait so there's no benefit for going higher in MP levels? that makes no sense.
if paragon xp really isn't boosted why would anyone go higher than MP1 then? (outside of the challenge of beating it) but if drops are the same, its just for shit